Windows 10: Before entering, or during sleep mode - is battery percentage monitored to ensure is will...

Discus and support Before entering, or during sleep mode - is battery percentage monitored to ensure is will... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Assuming sleep mode consumes say 1% an hour - if I set for example "hibernate after 600 mins" - and my battery is only 10% - its likely the system will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by PaulDev3, Feb 28, 2021.

1. PaulDev3 Win User

Before entering, or during sleep mode - is battery percentage monitored to ensure is will...

Assuming sleep mode consumes say 1% an hour - if I set for example "hibernate after 600 mins" - and my battery is only 10% - its likely the system will lose power before entering hibernate.

Before entering sleep - is current % checked against sleep->hibernate time - or does the battery falling below a certain % trigger a wake event?

Thanks

:)

PaulDev3, Feb 28, 2021
  2. monetia Win User

Windows 8.1 does not enter Sleep mode

Since a few weeks my computer incorrectly enters Sleep mode from Start->Power menu.

A few weeks ago, in Sleep mode:
    1. The power led was blinking
    2. Monitor went black
    3. After moving mouse monitor turned on and I needed to enter Windows password

Now in Sleep mode:

1. The power led is on all the time
    2. Monitor goes black
    3. After moving mouse I am back in Windows, not prompted for password

This is a fragment from my motherboard manual:

PLED (System Power LED):
    Connect to the power status indicator on the chassis front panel. The LED is on when the system is operating. The LED keeps blinking when the system is in S3 sleep state. The LED is off when the system is in S4 sleep state or powered off (S5).

This means that after pressing Sleep, Windows is not entering S3 sleep state (as it used before), because the led is not blinking.

This problem is not influenced by choosing (in Advanced Power Options) to allow
    hybrid mode on or off nor by choosing to allow wake timers on or off. I tested all combinations and it's still not entering Sleep.

If after two hours of doing nothing on the computer I choose the Sleep mode and then after a minute move the mouse, then in the Event Viewer, in the summary of administrative events there is only one event in the "Last hour" column:
    Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power with eventID 59 and it says that computer entered away mode.

In my Bios there are some settings which may influence the power behavior. They didn't change since long time and I think they are ok:

Before entering, or during sleep mode - is battery percentage monitored to ensure is will... 86657d5d-07d5-44ae-b6d3-563bfa772527?upload=true.jpg

Is there any way to help figure out why the computer doesn't enter S3 mode anymore? And how to fix it?

monetia, Feb 28, 2021
  3. Battery Percentage Windows 10

It makes no sense to not have a battery percentage indicator on mouseover. Clicking on the icon to see the percentage leftover is an extra step I'd rather not take.

RyanColby1984, Feb 28, 2021
  4. Before entering, or during sleep mode - is battery percentage monitored to ensure is will...

sleep mode

Hi disgruntledWC,

There could be other settings on your computer that triggers your computer to go on sleep even though the sleep settings is set to never. To ensure that the sleep and display settings are properly set, I suggest that you look into the Advanced Power Settings.
    Follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel and click Power Options.
    • On your preferred plan, click Change plan settings.
    • Click advanced power settings.
    • Expand Sleep option, and make sure to set the following:
    Sleep after : Never

Hibernate after : Never

5. Click Apply, then OK.

Please check also the screen saver option.

• Navigate to Settings > Personalization > Lock screen.
    • Click Screen saver settings.
    • Set your Screen saver to None.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Once done, please observe if your computer still goes to sleep mode after a few minutes of inactivity.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

Before entering, or during sleep mode - is battery percentage monitored to ensure is will...

1. Before entering, or during sleep mode - is battery percentage monitored to ensure is will... - Similar Threads - Before entering during

2. Battery Percentage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery Percentage: I want the battery charge percentage visible while charging without taking the pointer to the icon. Is that feature already in Win10 or not?If not please take my suggestion and make an update. This is not a major issue, it's just that I am always worried I might keep the...
  3. Battery Percentage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery Percentage: I want the battery charge percentage visible while charging without taking the pointer to the icon. Is that feature already in Win10 or not?If not please take my suggestion and make an update. This is not a major issue, it's just that I am always worried I might keep the...
  4. Battery Percentage

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to show battery percentage on both monitors?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to show battery percentage on both monitors?: My monitor is set as main display, and the laptop is secondary. The laptop is in "extend this display" mode. How can I show the battery percentage on the laptop monitor too?...
  6. How to show battery percentage on both monitors?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to show battery percentage on both monitors?: My monitor is set as main display, and the laptop is secondary. The laptop is in "extend this display" mode. How can I show the battery percentage on the laptop monitor too?...
  7. How to show battery percentage on both monitors?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Battery drain during sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery drain during sleep: Hello, I have a problem with my Microsoft Surface Pro 7 running on Windows 10 Home when closing the lid putting it in sleep mode, not hibernation. The problem seems to mainly appear after having it connected to an HDMI device/beamer. The laptop experiences a significant...
  9. Monitor backlights during Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor backlights during Sleep Mode: I have recently added a second monitor to my NVIDIA GeForce GTX960. My main monitor is a Samsung connected via DP cable and the second is a Viewsonic connected via DVI. My monitors are set to go to sleep after ten minutes. They turn off when they are supposed to but the...
  10. battery percentage

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    battery percentage: after updating to 1809 my battery percentage does not not change from 100% nor doed percentage show in taskbar icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-percentage/c870e216-a100-4c31-ac0b-665f3b954b17