Windows 10: Before I do Recovery, again, any suggestions how to isolate bad sectors before recovery?

Discus and support Before I do Recovery, again, any suggestions how to isolate bad sectors before recovery? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have 3 former windows 10 devices now on windows 11. They all seemed to do fine but one. It does fine for a few days as I carefully add new apps, make... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jackdashack, Nov 29, 2023.

1. Before I do Recovery, again, any suggestions how to isolate bad sectors before recovery?

I have 3 former windows 10 devices now on windows 11. They all seemed to do fine but one. It does fine for a few days as I carefully add new apps, make Systems changes to suit, and somewhere along the line it starts dimming and brightening. Add to that I am now running DISM and the screen goes on and off, even does it while in sleep mode. I have read and searched and tried to do all the suggestions I can understand but nothing seems to fix, even system settings related to power and such. Each of the first time I upgraded, and then a recovery eventually it says there are corrupted files, and th

:)

jackdashack, Nov 29, 2023
  2. yogurt_21 Win User

Data recovery software

The Big Useful List Of Free Useful Programs To Use Usually For Free

click the top spoiler and then look down to recovery.

All of the suggestions in the old threads were consolidated into that one.

yogurt_21, Nov 29, 2023
  3. slim142 Win User
    Data Recovery for Mac (OSX Capitan) ?

Anybody knows of a good data recovery software for mac? Preferably free?

I use Active@ Data Recovery for Windows, but honestly no idea what to use for Mac OSX.

Any suggestions?

slim142, Nov 29, 2023
  4. Before I do Recovery, again, any suggestions how to isolate bad sectors before recovery?

android recovery and kernel.img

For thouse who CAN help...:I can't enter adb (device not recognized), can't flash using stock recovery (don't really know the steps and stuck at triage and dead android when in recovery),

ELiTRiGG3R, Nov 29, 2023
Thema:

Before I do Recovery, again, any suggestions how to isolate bad sectors before recovery?

1. Before I do Recovery, again, any suggestions how to isolate bad sectors before recovery? - Similar Threads - Before Recovery again

2. Recovery key screen-never seen before

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery key screen-never seen before: I have same issue. Blue screen shows at bottom of message-“Recover key ID” 9A9CC6A2…Is this the key I need?How do I enter alpha characters??Numeric is Fx keysThanks...
  3. Recovery key screen-never seen before

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovery key screen-never seen before: I have same issue. Blue screen shows at bottom of message-“Recover key ID” 9A9CC6A2…Is this the key I need?How do I enter alpha characters??Numeric is Fx keysThanks...
  4. Recovery key screen-never seen before

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Before I do Recovery, again, any suggestions how to isolate bad sectors before recovery?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Before I do Recovery, again, any suggestions how to isolate bad sectors before recovery?: I have 3 former windows 10 devices now on windows 11. They all seemed to do fine but one. It does fine for a few days as I carefully add new apps, make Systems changes to suit, and somewhere along the line it starts dimming and brightening. Add to that I am now running DISM...
  6. Do I need to Uninstall Linux before using HP recovery manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I need to Uninstall Linux before using HP recovery manager?: I have a laptop dual booting Windows 10 and Kali Linux. I no longer need Linux and my Windows installation has some problems. I want to use the HP recovery manager to factory reset my laptop, however it says in the recovery manager that "This process will reinstall the...
  7. Do I need to Uninstall Linux before using HP recovery manager?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do I need to Uninstall Linux before using HP recovery manager?: I have a laptop dual booting Windows 10 and Kali Linux. I no longer need Linux and my Windows installation has some problems. I want to use the HP recovery manager to factory reset my laptop, however it says in the recovery manager that "This process will reinstall the...
  8. Do I need to Uninstall Linux before using HP recovery manager?

9. Recovery partition no longer labeled as "recovery". Any suggestions?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recovery partition no longer labeled as "recovery". Any suggestions?: Long story short, had some hiccups cloning my drive, and the recovery partition got allocated a drive letter now. I removed the drive letter so it wouldn't show up in file explorer, but now in disk management it's not labeled as a "recovery" partition. submitted by...
  10. Run Windows Recovery before selling PC

Run Windows Recovery before selling PC: The laptop had windows 7 when I purchased it. I upgraded for free to Windows 10. Question: If I run "Recovery" -> "Remove everything" will I end up with Windows 7 or Windows 10? 95112