Windows 10: Before I set my laptop to sleep, I got weird letters on the upper part of the screen. Then,...

Discus and support Before I set my laptop to sleep, I got weird letters on the upper part of the screen. Then,... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Before I set my laptop to sleep, I got weird letters on the upper part of the screen. Then, I set it to sleep, now when I am starting it up,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Issam Khele, Jan 28, 2023.

1. Before I set my laptop to sleep, I got weird letters on the upper part of the screen. Then,...

Before I set my laptop to sleep, I got weird letters on the upper part of the screen. Then, I set it to sleep, now when I am starting it up, delete+ctrl+alt is not working to enter the password!. Any idea to solve it?

:)

Issam Khele, Jan 28, 2023

2. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Jan 28, 2023
  3. Jim8080 Win User
    Computer Sleep Option Missing in Settings

The Settings Power and Sleep menu in Settings should list Screen and Sleep, where Sleep is used to tell when the PC goes to sleep. Sleep is missing, so my computer never sleeps. Fast startup and Hibernate are not enabled.

I used Tutorial Add or Remove Sleep in Power menu in Windows 10 to change the registry while in administrative mode, but sleep still is not seen.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FlyoutMenuSettings now lists :1: It was 0 before the change.

Before I set my laptop to sleep, I got weird letters on the upper part of the screen. Then,... 347450d1633033035t-computer-sleep-option-missing-settings-image.png

I cannot get a large image, so will type
    Default REG_SZ (value not set)
    ShowHibernate REG_DWORD 0X00000000 (0)
    ShowLockOption REG_DWORD 0X00000000 (1)
    ShowLockOption REG_DWORD 0X00000000 (1)

I used Option 3 to add sleep using the Group Policy Editor. The steps seemed to work fine, but sleep is still missing.

I’m using a “new” refurbished Dell T3500 workstation with mbr running the current version of win10. I have a number of these computers, and the other all have the normal sleep mode .

Any suggestions? Jim

Jim8080, Jan 28, 2023
  4. Before I set my laptop to sleep, I got weird letters on the upper part of the screen. Then,...

Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Jan 28, 2023
Thema:

Before I set my laptop to sleep, I got weird letters on the upper part of the screen. Then,...

1. Before I set my laptop to sleep, I got weird letters on the upper part of the screen. Then,... - Similar Threads - Before set laptop

2. Before I set my laptop to sleep, I got weird letters on the upper part of the screen. Then,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Before I set my laptop to sleep, I got weird letters on the upper part of the screen. Then,...: Before I set my laptop to sleep, I got weird letters on the upper part of the screen. Then, I set it to sleep, now when I am starting it up, delete+ctrl+alt is not working to enter the password!. Any idea to solve it?...
  3. Lower part of the screen is black on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lower part of the screen is black on my laptop: As said in the question, the lower part of my screen turns black. Screenshots are fine but what I see is the bottom 10% of the screen is blackI encountered this problem a lot specially when I turn on my laptop.I found a lot of forums asking the same question but I haven't...
  4. Lower part of the screen is black on my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lower part of the screen is black on my laptop: As said in the question, the lower part of my screen turns black. Screenshots are fine but what I see is the bottom 10% of the screen is blackI encountered this problem a lot specially when I turn on my laptop.I found a lot of forums asking the same question but I haven't...
  5. I started my laptop and got the green screen and now my laptop is unusable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I started my laptop and got the green screen and now my laptop is unusable: I tried troubleshoot and update reset, every time i get that there is a mistake, dont know how to fix it. My laptop wont boot, i am stuck with that image everytime i start the PC...
  6. Weird gray bars in upper-left corner of screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird gray bars in upper-left corner of screen: So there are these weird gray-blue bars that appear in the upper-left corner of my screen. #2 is by default on top of #1, and is able to be dragged around by mouse, but when you click the screen, it returns to the corner. #1 is not able to be moved, and when it is clicked it...
  7. My Laptop's upper part of Screen has horizontal lines going across it.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Laptop's upper part of Screen has horizontal lines going across it.: It randomly started a few days ago, I sometimes connect my laptop to an external monitor to play games. A few days ago Laptop was left connected for 2 days before actually using it without the monitor and the lines showed up on Laptop Screen. It even shows in UEIF BIOS. But I...
  8. Files altered/changed before I got my computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Files altered/changed before I got my computer: Hey sorry if this is an stupid question but I am bit confused. Got a new computer about 2 months ago but today when I whent diggin around through my files it said that a lot of files were last opened/edited in 2019 and one was last edited in 2018. I bought it brand new so...
  9. The upper part of my screen is normal , the lower part is grey ... is the problem coming...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The upper part of my screen is normal , the lower part is grey ... is the problem coming...: [IMG] As you can see there is the grey with mix of white , and i don't know what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-upper-part-of-my-screen-is-normal-the-lower/8de26147-06fb-4cc2-ac61-7b9b995b15bb
  10. Help! I got a weird login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help! I got a weird login: So basically yesterday, I opened up my laptop and saw that there were failed login attempts and I got scared, I logged myself into the laptop and ran an antivirus, they all said it was ok. Knowing me, I overthink a lot. I completely restarted my pc, then I was paranoid again...