Windows 10: Before returning a pc to the store...

Discus and support Before returning a pc to the store... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Tl;dr: What do I have to do before returning a Windows 10 pc to the store? Hello friends. I'm writing today seeking advice on what to do in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BreadedChicken, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Before returning a pc to the store...

Tl;dr: What do I have to do before returning a Windows 10 pc to the store?

Hello friends.

I'm writing today seeking advice on what to do in the following situation:

I got a new PC from a store. Only after setting it up (by attaching my Microsoft account to Windows 10, configuring my mail account, installing my work software, etc.) I realized that the led lights on the CPU case that show you when the computer is on, when the HD is being accessed as so on, wouldn't work.

Granted, it is a minor nuisance, but I don't want to have to settle. So I spoke with the guy at the store and he told me to just bring it back and he'll exchange it on the spot.

So, before returning it to the store, what would you recommend I do, both for the safety of the information I already entered, and to avoid problems like "this account is already attached to another computer" when getting a new one?

The caveat here is that I can't just "nuke" the HD, because it has to be bootable and in working order for the exchange to happen.

Will "detaching" my Microsoft account from it (how would I do that?) and then using Windows' 'reset this PC' tool do?

Best regards!

:)

BreadedChicken, Dec 19, 2020

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Dec 19, 2020
  3. David Haz Win User
    Windows Store error 0x8000FFFF

Hello,

We suggest that you reset the Windows Store and see if it resolves the issue. To reset Windows Store, follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key + R to open the Run window.
    • Type the following command:
      • wsreset.exe

• Wait for it to finish, then restart your PC.

If you need further assistance, feel free to ask us.

Regards.

David Haz, Dec 19, 2020
  4. Azyardies Win User

Before returning a pc to the store...

RETURN HP laptop back to store help

I am going to return a laptop back to the store that was given to me days ago.
    When i first turned it on, i set it up with log in PIN & my Microsoft account because it didn't let me by pass this process....

I'd like to remove my PIN and Microsoft account before I return it. Nothing else was really used/ saved on it that matters to me, except those two things +WiFi login.

I tried to full reset the laptop and it stayed stuck on 32% for 4 hrs. I powered it off & luckily, it didn't seem to corrupt the pc. I noticed a windows. old file in the files.

I'm afraid to do another full reset in case it gets stuck.
    Can't i just remove all these personal credentials and return the pc?
    Please advise steps to do it as well.

Thank you in advance.

Azyardies, Dec 19, 2020
Thema:

Before returning a pc to the store...

1. Before returning a pc to the store... - Similar Threads - Before returning store

2. How do I reset my laptop to factory settings before returning it to a store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reset my laptop to factory settings before returning it to a store.: I am planning to return my laptop as I found it quite loud, and I was not satisfied with its battery life as well. But when I went to Reset This PC, it asks for how I should reinstall Windows 11. Currently I think the right one is Local Reinstall. Will this remove all my...
  3. How do I reset my laptop to factory settings before returning it to a store.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I reset my laptop to factory settings before returning it to a store.: I am planning to return my laptop as I found it quite loud, and I was not satisfied with its battery life as well. But when I went to Reset This PC, it asks for how I should reinstall Windows 11. Currently I think the right one is Local Reinstall. Will this remove all my...
  4. I took Dell G15 before 2 months in nearby store,it's not turning on,i want to return that

in Windows 10 Customization
    I took Dell G15 before 2 months in nearby store,it's not turning on,i want to return that: Not turning on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-took-dell-g15-before-2-months-in-nearby-storeits/35ab93ce-1862-4e25-947d-d91765a8b164
  5. Return my RDC Static Window as before!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Return my RDC Static Window as before!: Hello everybody. Since the update of my Win 10 Pro from 1909 to 20H2 I have a strange and very annoying problem!! Taking cause from COVID situation, all my work is done remotely. So the main application I use is Windows Remote Desktop. Since I need to use the PC locally, I...
  6. how do i remove all personal info from my pc before returning to the store

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do i remove all personal info from my pc before returning to the store: i am returning a new laptop to the store and need to remove all my personal info admin account, files, apps, etc. i have looked at 'old' info, and it does not seem to be applicable any more. if i go to 'reset' and choose to uninstall all my personal files, it then asks how i...
  7. How to erase data before returning PC (Windows 10 device)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to erase data before returning PC (Windows 10 device): I'm exchanging my new Microsoft Surface Pro 7 (Windows 10), and so I want to make sure all my personal data is wiped from the device before returning it. Is it sufficient to use the device's settings to "reset this PC"? Or is it better to use a third party app like DBAN?...
  8. App return in Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App return in Microsoft Store: I would really like to see the apps Anime Tube Unlimited and Cartoons Unlimited Pro. returned to the store. There is no reason for them to be removed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-return-in-microsoft-store/11c65699-5711-46c6-9567-e717d2ba4b18
  9. Returning Purchased Laptop to Store

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Returning Purchased Laptop to Store: I need to return a Dell 15 3000 SSD to the store where I recently purchased it. It is running Windows 10 Home. I have personal data on the system and have used the laptop for work and related activities that need to remain secure. If I go to settings and reset the PC using...
  10. If you return a PC to a store-FACTORY RESET IT!!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    If you return a PC to a store-FACTORY RESET IT!!!: An informative article I found at ars technical: How Best Buy’s computer-wiping error turned me into an amateur blackhat I always get a little thrill opening a new gadget. The computer looked like it had never been touched and all the paperwork was still in sealed...