Windows 10: before you can start using windows hello you have to set up a pin

Discus and support before you can start using windows hello you have to set up a pin in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; At the startup lock screen, I get the message "before you can start using windows hello you have to set up a pin"The PIN is already set up, and I have... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Rafisher1, May 26, 2021.

1. Rafisher1 Win User

before you can start using windows hello you have to set up a pin

At the startup lock screen, I get the message "before you can start using windows hello you have to set up a pin"The PIN is already set up, and I have tried all the solutions I could find here and searching the WEB. None work.Massively annoying and this laptop is going to a client.Win 10 Pro 21H1 with May update that came in today.This is an ASUS laptop and first start got it logged in using the MS account for the client. Later I switched to a local account due to issues.At one point I did get the message that Windows Hello Face was already set up using a different account. Yes, I had to cr

:)

Rafisher1, May 26, 2021
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, May 26, 2021
  3. windows hello and pin

Hi,

This error code is usually caused by corrupted Windows system files. For better assistance, we would like to ask the following:

• What happens when you're trying to set up Windows Hello or a pin on your computer?
    • Is there an error message displayed when setting up Windows Hello or a pin?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • How did you reinstall Windows?

Looking forward to your reply so we can provide the best resolution for you.

Gerard Qui, May 26, 2021
  4. Noor_Azam Win User

Unable to setup Windows Hello, error: incorrect pin

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

May I know the complete error code or error message that you are receiving when you try to setup Windows Hello?

Do you have any other user account on the computer?

If yes, does Windows Hello work on that account?

If Windows Hello is not setup on other account, please setup it up and check if it works so that we can narrow down the issue for you.

I suggest to remove the pin and setup a new pin on the child account and check if it works with Windows Hello.

Please follow the steps below to remove and re-add the PIN:

• Press Windows logo key + I to open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, remove the pin. There will be prompt to enter password, enter the password and removed the PIN.
    • After the pin is removed, please click on
      Add to setup pin for the account.
    • After setting up a new PIN, try to set up Windows Hello.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, May 26, 2021
Thema:

1. before you can start using windows hello you have to set up a pin - Similar Threads - before start using

2. “Before you can start using Windows Hello, you have to set up a pin”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    “Before you can start using Windows Hello, you have to set up a pin”: “Before you can start using Windows Hello, you have to set up a pin” It says this on my sign in screen for my personal computer and I don’t remember setting up a pin and I can’t unlock the computer at all. I need help getting passed this screen to set up pin....
  3. “Before you can start using Windows Hello, you have to set up a pin”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    “Before you can start using Windows Hello, you have to set up a pin”: “Before you can start using Windows Hello, you have to set up a pin” It says this on my sign in screen for my personal computer and I don’t remember setting up a pin and I can’t unlock the computer at all. I need help getting passed this screen to set up pin....
  4. Windows hello asks to set up a pin, before using the face recognition.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows hello asks to set up a pin, before using the face recognition.: Windows hello asks to set up a pin, before using the face recognition. but i cant set up pin because the screen does not open. dont know how to dismiss it. acces to wifi exist, still entering the account has an issue....
  5. Windows hello asks to set up a pin, before using the face recognition.

Windows hello asks to set up a pin, before using the face recognition.: Windows hello asks to set up a pin, before using the face recognition. but i cant set up pin because the screen does not open. dont know how to dismiss it. acces to wifi exist, still entering the account has an issue....
  6. Format disk before you can use it

Format disk before you can use it: So I was creating bootable windows 10 on my pen drive using the windows media tool from the official Microsoft website. it was going well but at one point it stopped at 50% it was not moving at all for like an hour. tried to open another program but it got froze "not...
  7. Format disk before you can use it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Format disk before you can use it: So I was creating bootable windows 10 on my pen drive using the windows media tool from the official Microsoft website. it was going well but at one point it stopped at 50% it was not moving at all for like an hour. tried to open another program but it got froze "not...
  8. Format disk before you can use it

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. You need to format the disk before you can use it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    You need to format the disk before you can use it: Hello, I have this problem where when I try to access a drive it says You need to format the disk before you can use and it has format disk and cancel options to click, Any solutions would be appreciated. The drive isnt removable either....
  10. 'Before you can start using your face to sign in...' (Hello/Goodbye)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    'Before you can start using your face to sign in...' (Hello/Goodbye): I have set up a PIN and a password. I have taken multiple pictures of my mug for Windows "Hello" sign in. Yet, about one out of every five times I try to sign in to Windows - mostly coming out of sleep, but not always - I get the message "Before you can start using your...