Windows 10: Before you upgrade or install 20H2 read this!

Discus and support Before you upgrade or install 20H2 read this! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 20H2 has issues with nVidia graphics cards. Freezing, blue screen, black screen, windows update not working, icons unclickable, shurtdown or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KellyHill5, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Before you upgrade or install 20H2 read this!

Windows 10 20H2 has issues with nVidia graphics cards. Freezing, blue screen, black screen, windows update not working, icons unclickable, shurtdown or restart getting hung up are all related to nVidia and 20H2 not playing nicely. Driver updates will not help. If you are experiencing any issues after the 20H2 update remove your graphics card and and use the onboard graphics of your motherboard. Start your pc and the errors will be gone. Revert to your previous version of Win 10 and reinstall your graphics card. Your welcome.

Did this solve your issues?

:)

KellyHill5, Apr 9, 2021
  2. ineuw Win User

Cannot install 20H2 missing media driver?

Everything written and recommended was followed to the letter, but the upgrades won't install.
    ( Using the either of the 2 USB ports below the Ethernet cable was not possible because they cannot read UEFI USB sticks.)
    * Step 1 Mount the 2004 iso (downloaded on Aug 23). This failed the installation at 92%. and the subsequent boot restored 1909.
    * Step 2. Mounted the 20H2 iso and the installation also failed and 1909 was successfully restored. Didn't have to use the mirror backups.

Please see the attached error messages

ineuw, Apr 9, 2021
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    Windows 10 20H2 Upgrade

I doubt it is a glitch. I suspect it was designed that way.

NavyLCDR, Apr 9, 2021
  4. Before you upgrade or install 20H2 read this!

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

Before you upgrade or install 20H2 read this!

1. Before you upgrade or install 20H2 read this! - Similar Threads - Before upgrade install

2. Microsoft Store isn't installed. Please read before replying.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store isn't installed. Please read before replying.: Ok, you read the title and that is the truth. Microsoft Store is not installed on my laptop. I have the newest Windows 10 update so there should be no problem, but there is. I have tried everything imaginable. I tried the 'wsreset.exe' method, the WindowsPowershell command...
  3. Microsoft Store isn't installed. Please read before replying.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store isn't installed. Please read before replying.: Ok, you read the title and that is the truth. Microsoft Store is not installed on my laptop. I have the newest Windows 10 update so there should be no problem, but there is. I have tried everything imaginable. I tried the 'wsreset.exe' method, the WindowsPowershell command...
  4. Microsoft Store isn't installed. Please read before replying.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. YOU OWN THIS APP AND APP READs INSTALL

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    YOU OWN THIS APP AND APP READs INSTALL: A few recent windows update and now none of the apps load from the Microsoft store ?This seems to be common problem what is the fix ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-own-this-app-and-app-reads-install/32397fe8-f036-4961-b62a-406c34705002
  6. Update to 2004 before 20H2?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update to 2004 before 20H2?: I updated from 1909 to 20H2 and had all sorts of issues, to include my system locking up after about an hour, and that happened several times. I was able to roll back, but have since read that I should have updated from 1909 to 2004 first. How can I find the update to 2004 to...
  7. Repair Install/upgrade 20H2 question

Repair Install/upgrade 20H2 question: If I was to download the current version of the Media Creation Tool as of today from the Microsoft website and create USB installation media. Can I use it to perform a clean installation of Windows 10 20H2, put it on one side and if I have any future issues, can I also use...
  8. Bios needs to be upgraded before you can install the windows 10 update

Bios needs to be upgraded before you can install the windows 10 update: I have an hp pavilion laptop Until around 2018 I had been receiving all of the updates automatically then they stopped. I didn't notice right away because I'm notconstantly on my computer. My computer came with windows 10 home already installed. I have been getting...
  9. Make an image before you start any major upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Make an image before you start any major upgrade: Here is my experience with windows 10. I had windows 7 update1 installed and all was well. I was reading all the comments and stories about win 10 on this board. After several weeks I decided that windows 10 was stable enough to give it a try. So in made an image with...
  10. Installing W7 updates before upgrading to W10

Installing W7 updates before upgrading to W10: I have had to reinstall my W7 OS and intend to upgrade it to W10. Can I do so without having to download and instal all the previous W7 updates ? 66974