Windows 10: Being able to disable "Online Login", question mark?

Discus and support Being able to disable "Online Login", question mark? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; It's almost been 6 months since I've upgraded from W8.1 and since then I've been experiencing some lenghty login screens. I mean, it's not that I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/detfusco, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Being able to disable "Online Login", question mark?

It's almost been 6 months since I've upgraded from W8.1 and since then I've been experiencing some lenghty login screens. I mean, it's not that I've got a bad pc, it's because of windows trying to connect to the internet for validation reasons, I guess.

I'm not even using my email password. Mostly I'm using either a pin or picture password but it sometimes takes ages to log in regardless of my login preferences. It boots up fast under 15 secs but after that W10 holds me hostage at the login screen. Yesterday it took W10 a solid 2.5-3 minutes to log in. I've had enough. I've been looking for solution for my problem but there is only one and which is creating a brand new local account.

Why can't W10 just put an option for whether we want a local or online account from the get-go.Is there any other way to disable this online authentification at the beginning? Currently I'm using a W10 Home Edition but if it's something that can be solved via policy editor/management, I can consider buying Pro License.

Creating a brand new local account is considered a last resort.

P.S.: I'm always connected via ethernet (stable 25 mbps internet connection). Also using SSHD as my boot drive.

submitted by /u/detfusco
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/detfusco, Jul 24, 2020
  2. Aaron_Sum Win User

Not Able to login

Hi,

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community.

Please confirm the following things for me.

1. Is your system connected to the internet? You can check this through the network icon at the bottom left corner of your login screen.
    2. What error message are you receiving when you login with your Microsoft account?

I would suggest you to login to
    http://login.live.com/
    with your Microsoft account and check if you are able to sign-in with your credentials.

If you are able to sign-in with your Microsoft account on the live website, you can follow the steps in this article to ‘Start
    your PC in safe mode in Windows 10
    ’, kindly follow the steps in the section ‘From the sign-in screen’ and check if you are able to login to your system.

We await your response.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Jul 28, 2020
  3. rmanasa Win User
    Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Jul 28, 2020
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Being able to disable "Online Login", question mark?

Keyboard not working and not able to login from login screen

Hi Mateo,

We're glad that you were able to login now on the computer. Since the keyboard is still not working, we would like to know the answers to the following questions:

• Are you using a laptop or a desktop?
    • If you are using a standard keyboard (wired/wireless), have you checked if there are any lights from the keyboard that indicates that it is being detected?

In the meantime, we suggest running the hardware troubleshooter as it can fix possible issues that you are having. Kindly follow the steps below to perform it:

• Open Cortana, type in Troubleshoot and click it.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Keyboard.

• Click Run the troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.
    • See sample picture below.

Being able to disable "Online Login", question mark? d5cfb7b4-d780-4e0d-89c9-af13087f4e93.png

We'll wait for your response.

Mayra Aqu, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

Being able to disable "Online Login", question mark?

1. Being able to disable "Online Login", question mark? - Similar Threads - Being able disable

2. can't type question mark

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't type question mark: Hello! The problem started today. I can't type question marks ? on visual studio. I use the keyboard pattern ABNT2 and use ctrl + alt + w to type question marks. Whenever I type it on visual studio, on the left lower corner it shows up "Ctrl+Alt+W was pressed.. Waiting for...
  3. can't type question mark

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't type question mark: Hello! The problem started today. I can't type question marks ? on visual studio. I use the keyboard pattern ABNT2 and use ctrl + alt + w to type question marks. Whenever I type it on visual studio, on the left lower corner it shows up "Ctrl+Alt+W was pressed.. Waiting for...
  4. Blue Question Mark on Drive

Blue Question Mark on Drive: Hello everyone,I have a Windows Datacenter 2019 Server and yesterday after the update, my C:\ Partition shows up fine but my D:\ partition with the Virtual Machines has a Blue Question Mark. I cannot find the partition under Disk Management. Is there a way to fix it?Please...
  5. Hard drive with question mark

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive with question mark: [NOTICE: I posted this twice, once with the "Files, folders, and storage" topic and once again with "Devices and drivers" topic]I found an old hard drive of mine and was wanting to get some old video footage off it. When I plugged it into my pc it came up as "F:\" with a blue...
  6. Hard drive with question mark

Hard drive with question mark: [NOTICE: I posted this twice, once with the "Files, folders, and storage" topic and once again with "Devices and drivers" topic]I found an old hard drive of mine and was wanting to get some old video footage off it. When I plugged it into my pc it came up as "F:\" with a blue...
  7. Hard drive with question mark

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Typing the question mark.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Typing the question mark.: I am not able to type question mark. I was able to a few hours back. I don't know what happened. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/typing-the-question-mark/7a633df9-e4f4-40cb-ac78-56b0e82c929d
  9. Stuck in safe mode without being able to login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck in safe mode without being able to login: I used the msconfig command to boot up with Safe Mode on Windows 10. I made the mistake of selecting "Safe boot" as the option for loading Safe Mode. I restarted into Safe Mode without incident, but now I can ONLY enter safe mode after each restart. This would be fine if...
  10. Question mark on HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Question mark on HDD: my hdd has a blue question mark symbol on it. i cant access the drive and it is not shown on the disk management https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-mark-on-hdd/18387b81-7a88-4936-92ef-41552dbaf302