Windows 10: Being forced to load Windows updates

Discus and support Being forced to load Windows updates in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have an HP laptop running on Windows 10. It is too meager a machine to upgrade to Windows 11, but Microsoft is still forcing the Windows updates on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Woozie Wikfors, May 15, 2024.

1. Being forced to load Windows updates

I have an HP laptop running on Windows 10. It is too meager a machine to upgrade to Windows 11, but Microsoft is still forcing the Windows updates on my system. Each update scrambles my computer more than the last. WHY can't I select the appropriate updates to be loaded and skip the rest? Like in the "old days" I don't want a monster machine! I don't want gaming! I don't want fancy or fast anything! I want a file cabinet with file searching capabilities. Being able to join ZOOM meetings is useful, and watching an occasional YouTube is nice. The rest - - pffftt - - I don't give a da

:)

Woozie Wikfors, May 15, 2024
  2. BAGZZlash Win User

MSI 5870 BIOS Update

Still can't reproduce. Could you please post the exact BIOSes that produce the issue?

BAGZZlash, May 15, 2024
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, May 15, 2024
  4. m4gicfour Win User

Being forced to load Windows updates

Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, May 15, 2024
Thema:

Being forced to load Windows updates

1. Being forced to load Windows updates - Similar Threads - Being forced load

2. Being forced to load Windows updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Being forced to load Windows updates: I have an HP laptop running on Windows 10. It is too meager a machine to upgrade to Windows 11, but Microsoft is still forcing the Windows updates on my system. Each update scrambles my computer more than the last. WHY can't I select the appropriate updates to be loaded and...
  3. Being forced to load Windows updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Being forced to load Windows updates: I have an HP laptop running on Windows 10. It is too meager a machine to upgrade to Windows 11, but Microsoft is still forcing the Windows updates on my system. Each update scrambles my computer more than the last. WHY can't I select the appropriate updates to be loaded and...
  4. Updates being forced uppon.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates being forced uppon.: Is there way to pernamently turn off updates on both W10 and W11? The latest updates for W10 that were forced on me, completely f#cked the system, where not even YOUTUBE works properly on my secondary monitor, without the browser using HW acceleration whereas it was...
  5. Updates being forced uppon.

Updates being forced uppon.: Is there way to pernamently turn off updates on both W10 and W11? The latest updates for W10 that were forced on me, completely f#cked the system, where not even YOUTUBE works properly on my secondary monitor, without the browser using HW acceleration whereas it was...
  6. Updates being forced uppon.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Why is the update being forced when it is broken.

Why is the update being forced when it is broken.: Have been constantly pausing the update because of this..Why are microsoft trying to force this update when it will still not work correctly on certain PC's, mine is only two years old, I tried more than these occasions, always a BSOD and have to factory reset the PCNo i do...
  8. Why is the update being forced when it is broken.

Why is the update being forced when it is broken.: Have been constantly pausing the update because of this..Why are microsoft trying to force this update when it will still not work correctly on certain PC's, mine is only two years old, I tried more than these occasions, always a BSOD and have to factory reset the PCNo i do...
  9. New Edge being forced in update

New Edge being forced in update: Please don't do this to me. Please, no, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Don't take my favorite browser from me! Don't force me to use crappy Chromium! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-edge-being-forced-in-update/4d5bda23-9b7f-4818-a707-0fa6f1668426
  10. damned auto-update being forced on me

damned auto-update being forced on me: For the past 3 days when I shut my computer down for the night, it does a restart and update (different update every time). How do I turn these damned updates OFF. I spend all my time dealing with updates, I don't get anything done! If I get a new computer, guess what OS I...