Windows 10: Being Hacked constantly when using Zoom & Windows Automatically Disabled Microphone and...

Discus and support Being Hacked constantly when using Zoom & Windows Automatically Disabled Microphone and... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, people in Microsoft community, I was once hacked about half year ago, and after that my mic in Zoom and all other apps is broke, but it starts... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Wings____, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Wings____ Win User

Being Hacked constantly when using Zoom & Windows Automatically Disabled Microphone and...

Hello, people in Microsoft community,

I was once hacked about half year ago, and after that my mic in Zoom and all other apps is broke, but it starts working a few months ago. However, after that, I am recently and constantlyat least once a week being hacked by hacker when I use Zoom. I either got hacked when I turn on microphone or sharing screen in Zoom. After the first recent hacking which happened two weeks ago, the hacker left an unconfirmed crdownload file in Download folder. And I got hacked today again.

Could anyone tell me if there is a way I can better protect my computer?

Thank you.

Best,

Wings

:)

Wings____, Feb 9, 2021
  2. hellrazor Win User

Easy enable/disable microphone?

My bro just got a microphone and I was wondering if there's an easy way to enable or disable it. I know you can right click on the volume icon, click on select recording devices then select the microphone, then click properties, then click on levels, and mute it - but that's just way too many steps, I'm looking for a more obvious and much easier way to do it.

hellrazor, Feb 9, 2021
  3. steve108 Win User
    Use the microphone in a Zoom meeting

Hello @Bluewind, *Smile
    Start Zoom app, then right click on the Zoom icon in System Tray > Settings then select Video from Settings -

Do you see yourself or any image from camera? Then next click Audio from same Zoom settings window and test speaker and microphone. See if that helps confirm your camera, microphone, and speakers/headphones are recognized and operational in Zoom.

- - - Updated - - -

I have found the Zoom app very useful for confirming my camera, microphone, and speakers are working on my PC *Smile Much easier than Windows anyway.

steve108, Feb 9, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

Being Hacked constantly when using Zoom & Windows Automatically Disabled Microphone and...

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Feb 9, 2021
Thema:

1. Being Hacked constantly when using Zoom & Windows Automatically Disabled Microphone and... - Similar Threads - Being Hacked constantly

2. Being hacked or no being hacked?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Being hacked or no being hacked?: So I just got a bar tablet HD and I was going on to Target website and Austin out of nowhere all these windows popped up and saying Microsoft security alert the window is blocked because my computer is infected with children viruses and it's infecting Microsoft servers so...
  3. Being hacked or no being hacked?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Being hacked or no being hacked?: So I just got a bar tablet HD and I was going on to Target website and Austin out of nowhere all these windows popped up and saying Microsoft security alert the window is blocked because my computer is infected with children viruses and it's infecting Microsoft servers so...
  4. Constant DPC_WATCHDOG BSOD when using Zoom

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant DPC_WATCHDOG BSOD when using Zoom: Crashing when using Zoom. This appears to be a common issue. Minidump and Sysinfo files are here. There are only two from almost a month ago, although I have had several crashes since then. These are probably from around the time when I actually got the blue screen...
  5. Constant DPC_WATCHDOG BSOD when using Zoom

Constant DPC_WATCHDOG BSOD when using Zoom: Crashing when using Zoom. This appears to be a common issue. Minidump and Sysinfo files are here. There are only two from almost a month ago, although I have had several crashes since then. These are probably from around the time when I actually got the blue screen...
  6. Microphone issues when using Skype, Zoom etc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone issues when using Skype, Zoom etc.: I recently few months ago got a 2021 HP Envy 14, and everything was working fine until I installed a Window's Update on the 5th of October. It updated some drivers and ever since then there has been issues with the microphone. When I call on Skype or Zoom, and even when I...
  7. Microphone issues when using Skype, Zoom etc.

Microphone issues when using Skype, Zoom etc.: I recently few months ago got a 2021 HP Envy 14, and everything was working fine until I installed a Window's Update on the 5th of October. It updated some drivers and ever since then there has been issues with the microphone. When I call on Skype or Zoom, and even when I...
  8. Microphone issues when using Skype, Zoom etc.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Use the microphone in a Zoom meeting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Use the microphone in a Zoom meeting: W10 - 1909 I am a real newbie to the world of Zoom and have been able to join a particular meeting I am interested in. I can get my picture to the meeting and follow things quite well but have notbbeen able to communicate via my Acer laptop's mike. It appears in...
  10. SVCHost.exe using constantly using microphone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SVCHost.exe using constantly using microphone: [ATTACH] I recently update my Windows and now I keep seeing the microphone icon on the bottom corner saying that an app is using the microphone. Sometimes when I open an app that uses microphone, it says I don't have a microphone connection. Can someone help me solve it?...