Windows 10: Being merged

Discus and support Being merged in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Split from this thread. Roger is absolutely correct and I addressed this in another thread that my post was declared the answer to. The 1903... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by unrequited still, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Being merged

Split from this thread.​

Roger is absolutely correct and I addressed this in another thread that my post was declared the answer to.

The 1903 upgrade takes up a HUGE amount of space and you will probably need to clear a lot of temp files and other expendables, as well as getting all your MFG files up to date. I'm almost certain that users have no clue about this. They are used to over 30 years of Plug and Play, just download and it's automatic. Not happening anymore.

It's not necessarily to temporarily defeat security programs either. Absolutely unnecessary. The somewhat eternal time this takes is sure fodder for attacks. Use the Assistant provided and if your service is metered download it from a connection that isn't to an external source and install from there.

You need to emphasize that Windows 1903 will restart several times and when successful you will get a Happy Message about it Being merged :)

Don't try it on all your PCs at once is the other truly important message, one at a time.

But I also do not recommend a clean install as mandatory. Too many users may not have access to app/program files anymore and a BACKUP is a must. You can install 1903 easily if you know what to do and your sticky points out all of these facts. It needs some editing at some point perhaps though.

:)

unrequited still, Jun 7, 2019
  2. D_o_S Win User

Company merging on the horizon

The Inq. talks about some major company merging that could take place this summer. What is likely to happen is summarized in the following list:

• eBay is in talks with Microsoft and Yahoo regarding cooperation and perhaps even a combination
    • Oracle, SAP and perhaps Novell might be "up to something"
    • Telecoms will surely continue to be a big source of deal-making and not just through attempts to build scale and geographic coverage. Deals such as Sky-Easynet and eBay-Skype suggest that combinations of services could be the way forward.
    • Sun might be bought by Fujitsu Siemens, HP or Dell
    Source: The Inq

D_o_S, Jun 7, 2019
  3. Marivel Man, Jun 7, 2019
  4. Being merged

Mail Merge duplicating field

Hi,

The duplication when printing the mail merge may be caused by incorrect settings. For us to provide better assistance, we would like to ask for additional information:

• Which version of Microsoft Office are you using?
    • Can you please provide a screenshot of the issue?
    • What Office app are you using to print the mail merge?
    • What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, Jun 7, 2019
Thema:

Being merged

1. Being merged - Similar Threads - Being merged

2. System Drive is being labeled in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Drive is being labeled in File Explorer?: So i just recently cloned my ssd to another one and now there is a system drive labeled as F in my file explore and i get denied acess to it. I have tried to use diskpart to remove the letter but it only does is temporaily beacause as soon as i restart my computer its back to...
  3. System Drive is being labeled in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Drive is being labeled in File Explorer?: So i just recently cloned my ssd to another one and now there is a system drive labeled as F in my file explore and i get denied acess to it. I have tried to use diskpart to remove the letter but it only does is temporaily beacause as soon as i restart my computer its back to...
  4. System Drive is being labeled in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How is possible both public and private networks are simultaneously showing being active?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How is possible both public and private networks are simultaneously showing being active?: Newest windows was download via update two days ago, now this is happening. And yes, I checked and my "public" choice is still my chosen selected network. My VPN is listed with the active private network, and the usual network 2 is listed for the public network I prefer...
  6. How is possible both public and private networks are simultaneously showing being active?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How is possible both public and private networks are simultaneously showing being active?: Newest windows was download via update two days ago, now this is happening. And yes, I checked and my "public" choice is still my chosen selected network. My VPN is listed with the active private network, and the usual network 2 is listed for the public network I prefer...
  7. being merged

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    being merged: Split from this thread. Hi,Not sure I understand what you're asking for? If Windows Defender Offline Scan feature doesn't work and there's nothing "tangible" that I can "grab". Not sure why its not working... it allows me go through all the prompts until "make changes" window...
  8. being merged

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    being merged: Split from this thread. Hi, so I have similar issue as above. can you tell me what else is there to do after installing KB3140245? I really need step by step assistant. Thank you...
  9. Files, folders, merge. Also why are my documents being downloaded in different places

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files, folders, merge. Also why are my documents being downloaded in different places: This should be simple but I can't solve it. Trying to move several folders into one master file, then merge several master files together. i.e. A, B, C into G DEF into H and then G, H into J...
  10. being merged

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    being merged: Split from this thread. Hi Kapil, The windows gpedit.msc command cannot be find. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/being-merged/d8502841-35d8-4e09-b3c6-679bf0524f85