Windows 10: Being told my C drive is unavailable

Discus and support Being told my C drive is unavailable in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I was browsing news articles on Microsoft Edge when a box came up and an alarm sounded. A clock was counting down and I was informed the computer would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AndrewGn, May 14, 2019 at 11:53 AM.

1. AndrewGn Win User

Being told my C drive is unavailable

I was browsing news articles on Microsoft Edge when a box came up and an alarm sounded. A clock was counting down and I was informed the computer would be wiped unless I pressed the button. I didn't press it, instead doing a ctl-alt-del and restart. Everything seemed fine on initial reboot and I assumed it was a phishing stunt. Checked my Norton security and it reported everything fine, no bugs. It happened again a few days later so I did the same again, but have not been able to access existing Word docs since - although I can open a new Word document - and now it's saying my C drive is unavailable and might have been moved or deleted. Please help? I am not a techie, as you can probably tell.

:)

2. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, May 14, 2019 at 8:10 PM
  3. Arun B J Win User
    C: Drive Admin Share Keeps Enabling

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows +E,

• Right click on C: drive.

• Select Sharing Tab.

• Click on Advanced Sharing.

• Uncheck “Share this folder”.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

4. Ruz San Win User

Unallocated Space to C Drive

Hi Travis,

It appears that a disk partition was created but was never assigned its allocation. Assuming there are no files stored in the unallocated partition, perform these steps to combine it with your C: drive:

• In Disk Management, right-click on (CBeing told my C drive is unavailable :) which appears next to the
      Unallocated partition.
    • Select Extend.

Let us know if you're able to combine the spaces after following the steps above.

Regards.

Thema:

1. Being told my C drive is unavailable - Similar Threads - Being told drive

2. Error: C drive is unavailable while trying to access existing Word documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error: C drive is unavailable while trying to access existing Word documents: I was browsing news articles on Microsoft Edge when a box came up and an alarm sounded. A clock was counting down and I was informed the computer would be wiped unless I pressed the button. I didn't press it, instead doing a ctl-alt-del and restart. Everything seemed fine on...
  3. Printer Drive unavailable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer Drive unavailable: New laptop with windows 10 s. When I plugged in Canon MF 3010 printer, laptop detected printer and installed. However, its says the printer driver is not available. I can print from with in a document but I ca use a scan utility to scan from laptop. How to remedy?...
  4. How to format my C Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    How to format my C Drive: I'm having issue with my main drive the C drive and just backed it up and thought I would do a full format then run my backup. But after upgrading to windows 10 I haven't done a format and not having a physical disc I was wondering how to do it. I know I used to format during...
  5. My display is unavailable

in Windows 10 Customization
    My display is unavailable: My laptop display is unavailable, only Startup Menu appear. What should I do? Please help me out. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-display-is-unavailable/9c7b147e-2f59-40c0-8916-5c355aa6414e
  6. why am i being told i'm not the admin on the only account on my pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    why am i being told i'm not the admin on the only account on my pc: why am i being told i'm not the admin on the only account on my pc and the file says I have permission https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-being-told-im-not-the-admin-on-the-only/3016a201-61a1-446f-9e9e-1c4bdccb428b
  7. I accidentally told Disk Management that C: wasn't my boot drive. How do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I accidentally told Disk Management that C: wasn't my boot drive. How do I fix this?: Window 10 Home v 1803 When creating a partition on my C: drive, I clicked on a box telling it that C: wasn't my boot drive. I then immediately told it that C: was my boot drive. When I rebooted, it stopped at Verifying DMI Pool Data and it told me to disconnect all hard...
  8. So is C: root unavailable per default?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    So is C: root unavailable per default?: I just came across an error regarding use rights in the root of C:, I can not place files there. I can create a folder and place files inside the folder, but not in root. Is this to be expected? I got error 0x80070522 when trying and found this older thread about it:...
  9. RAID Drive becomes unavailable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAID Drive becomes unavailable: I am running Win 10 Pro 64 bit. I have a RAID drive set up on my F drive. When I turn on my system it runs fine and is available, but after the PC sits idle for some time none of the files inside of it are available. In My PC I can still see the F drive listed, but I cannot...
  10. Full format of my 'C' Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Full format of my 'C' Drive: I am just about to do a re-install of Windows 10 and am wondering if I can first do a very thorough clean-up of my 'C' drive first by doing a full format before carrying our the reinstall. I am just about to look for the USB stick with Windows 10 on it, I think that it...