Windows 10: Being told my C drive is unavailable

Discus and support Being told my C drive is unavailable in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I was browsing news articles on Microsoft Edge when a box came up and an alarm sounded. A clock was counting down and I was informed the computer would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AndrewGn, May 14, 2019.

1. AndrewGn Win User

Being told my C drive is unavailable

I was browsing news articles on Microsoft Edge when a box came up and an alarm sounded. A clock was counting down and I was informed the computer would be wiped unless I pressed the button. I didn't press it, instead doing a ctl-alt-del and restart. Everything seemed fine on initial reboot and I assumed it was a phishing stunt. Checked my Norton security and it reported everything fine, no bugs. It happened again a few days later so I did the same again, but have not been able to access existing Word docs since - although I can open a new Word document - and now it's saying my C drive is unavailable and might have been moved or deleted. Please help? I am not a techie, as you can probably tell.

:)

AndrewGn, May 14, 2019

2. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, May 14, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    C: Drive Admin Share Keeps Enabling

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows +E,

• Right click on C: drive.

• Select Sharing Tab.

• Click on Advanced Sharing.

• Uncheck “Share this folder”.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, May 14, 2019
  4. Ruz San Win User

Unallocated Space to C Drive

Hi Travis,

It appears that a disk partition was created but was never assigned its allocation. Assuming there are no files stored in the unallocated partition, perform these steps to combine it with your C: drive:

• In Disk Management, right-click on (CBeing told my C drive is unavailable :) which appears next to the
      Unallocated partition.
    • Select Extend.

Let us know if you're able to combine the spaces after following the steps above.

Regards.

Ruz San, May 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Being told my C drive is unavailable - Similar Threads - Being told drive

2. HELP! Why can't I repair my C drive after being told it needed repairs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP! Why can't I repair my C drive after being told it needed repairs.: So I've noticed recently that I'll start certain programs and it'll give me an error. I checked my drive and saw it needed to be repaired but when I went to do so it would restart but the repair process would be entirely skipped. It's been a frustrating situation because it...
  3. HELP! Why can't I repair my C drive after being told it needed repairs.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HELP! Why can't I repair my C drive after being told it needed repairs.: So I've noticed recently that I'll start certain programs and it'll give me an error. I checked my drive and saw it needed to be repaired but when I went to do so it would restart but the repair process would be entirely skipped. It's been a frustrating situation because it...
  4. My laptop c drive keeps being full

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop c drive keeps being full: My laptop c drive keeps being full but i have nothing installed on it. I bought an external sd card so i wouldn’t have to download anything onto the c drive but its still being filled for some reason. This is causing my computer to be very slow and nothing i do will reduce...
  5. My laptop c drive keeps being full

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop c drive keeps being full: My laptop c drive keeps being full but i have nothing installed on it. I bought an external sd card so i wouldn’t have to download anything onto the c drive but its still being filled for some reason. This is causing my computer to be very slow and nothing i do will reduce...
  6. and this morning my C drive told me it was full!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    and this morning my C drive told me it was full!: hi everyone, and thank you so much for having me here and reading me. I'm working on a film. using all kinds of software, this morning suddenly, there was something weird and my software didn't open normally. then I noticed, bitfender couldn't open normally either so then I...
  7. Windows Store STILL downloading stuff to my C drive after I told it not to

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Store STILL downloading stuff to my C drive after I told it not to: I'm trying to download Forza Horizon 4, and despite setting its install location to my D drive, and changing the "new apps will save to:" setting to D:\, it's still downloading a small amount of shit to my C drive. Is there any way I can get it to download absolutely NOTHING...
  8. Being told to change my password on every bootup.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Being told to change my password on every bootup.: Split from this thread. It isn't me making this request. I have tried to change my password several times, but I have ben unsuccessful! I keep getting a message to change my password every time I bootup my computer. I don't know what to do! Rob...
  9. my c drive space is being eaten please help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    my c drive space is being eaten please help: i don't know why , and i don't want to download a tool to fix it. is there any way to fix it? it's being eaten up for no reason and i already tried 1 method and it didn't work. please help. submitted by /u/Speedwadoge [link] [comments]...
  10. continually being told my password is incorrect despite changing it.

in Windows 10 Customization
    continually being told my password is incorrect despite changing it.: My password login was disabled. Suddenly yesterday I was asked to provide a password to login to my pc. I created a new password but am being told every time I try to login that my password is incorrect. I have tried disabling it again with no success. What is going on here....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. c drive unavailable