Windows 10: Below 10 Mb/s internet speed on Windows 10

Discus and support Below 10 Mb/s internet speed on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've checked my other machines and they are getting 100Mb/s tops this is via speedtest.net, on the main machine I get below 10Mb/s. I have followed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MajesticSqueak, Apr 19, 2021.

1. Below 10 Mb/s internet speed on Windows 10

I've checked my other machines and they are getting 100Mb/s tops this is via speedtest.net, on the main machine I get below 10Mb/s.

I have followed these guides/answers :

- https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-download-speed-so-slow/9ba810e7-0b93-45c2-9441-b29a91546af8?auth=1

- https://superuser.com/questions/1330112/windows-10-internet-speed-capped-at-half-the-original-speed-on-new-pc

I have restarted my router/modem, flushed the DNS cache, and reinstalled the wifi drivers. I have no idea what to do anymore and this wifi speed is slowing down my work a lot. I'm using Wi-Fi, not ethernet. And am typically connected to a personal VPN, I have done a speed test on the VPN and i get over 200Mb/s so that's not the problem.

:)

MajesticSqueak, Apr 19, 2021

2. Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Apr 19, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 19, 2021
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Below 10 Mb/s internet speed on Windows 10

Delta6326, Apr 19, 2021
Thema:

Below 10 Mb/s internet speed on Windows 10

1. Below 10 Mb/s internet speed on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Below internet speed

2. Slow Internet Speed in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow Internet Speed in Windows 10: Hello there,I have purchased Lenovo V15 ADA but somedays ago for some reasons my harddisk was damaged and I have to replace it with nvme ssd but the problem comes there, berofe my laptop was damaged my internet speed was working properly at full speed, I have a broadband...
  3. Internet Adapter Causing internet to spike to 0 mb/s

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Adapter Causing internet to spike to 0 mb/s: I can't play games, I can't do certain work on installations and reloading websites is completely awful. I've tested it with different connections and it's the adapter or the computer, I've tried out updating, resetting, repairing and reinstalling drivers and it doesn't work....
  4. Remote connections speed limited to about 1.5 MB / s

Remote connections speed limited to about 1.5 MB / s: I've been struggling in my company setup for a while with a strange problem. After diagnosis, the problem seems to be caused by Windows 10. My setup Windows 10 Pro machine serving as a file repository for workstations in LAN and for remote connections let's call it a server....
  5. Low Internet speed on Windows 10

Low Internet speed on Windows 10: I've checked my other machines and they are getting 100Mb/s tops this is via speedtest.net, on the main machine I get below 10Mb/s. I have followed these guides/answers : -...
  6. Internet speed suddenly drops below 500Kbps.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet speed suddenly drops below 500Kbps.: [ATTACH] I am facing this problem on daily basis. I experience this most during youtube or watching any streaming service The internet speed will be fine when i start a video on youtube/ streaming service and the video loads till 1 minute or so and later it buffers or...
  7. Windows 10 internet speed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 internet speed: Hi, I'm curious as to why my internet speed on my computer via ethernet cable is slower then my wifi connection on my phone. I've heard rumours of windows 10 taking up bandwith etc, wasnt sure wether this was the reason and if anyone else has the same problem. Wifi speedtest...
  8. Windows 10 Internet Speed Degradation

Windows 10 Internet Speed Degradation: One of the PCs on my home network is a Windows 10 Home on an HP laptop Intel Core i5 with 8GB of memory. I have an internet connection of 1Gbps up and down. I have noticed, when using Ookla Speedtest on the PC native app, not browser, that the Internet speed is GROSSLY less...
  9. My internet speed on windows 10

My internet speed on windows 10: My internet speed is limited to 5 mbps on my windows while it is really 12 mbps on all other devices this problem occurred after some cumulative updates. I am sure this is speed reaching windows from wifi card . I got updated the card and checked that no apps running in the...
  10. After Installing Latest Windows Update WiFi Speed Reduce to 8 MB/S From 40 MB/S

After Installing Latest Windows Update WiFi Speed Reduce to 8 MB/S From 40 MB/S: Hi All, After installing latest windows update ( Version 1903 [Windows 10 Home] ) my WiFi speed reduce to 8 MB/S from 40 MB/S. Please help me to fix this. Thanks....