Windows 10: Benefits of Disabling Cache

Discus and support Benefits of Disabling Cache in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Friends, I wanted to know what the benefits of disabling cache are? Thanks in advance.*Biggrin 46030 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by FrenchieBlue30, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Benefits of Disabling Cache

Hi Friends,
    I wanted to know what the benefits of disabling cache are? Thanks in advance.*Biggrin

:)

FrenchieBlue30, Apr 2, 2016
  2. dr kamal Win User

Windows 10 Photos app not working

Hi Noreen,

Thank you for your reply.These are the outcomes of your advice

Method 1- after ruuning the troubleshooting app it said- 'Windows store cache may be damaged- not fixed'.

I have tried emptying the cache with no benefit.

Method 2- done with no benefit

Method 3- Done with no benefit.

dr kamal, Apr 2, 2016
  3. Benefits of updating firmware software of Nokia 6680?

Dear All,

I never updated the firmware software of my Nokia 6680 before and I think I'm gonna do it soon but... do I really need to do it?

If I updated the firmware, would I get a new user interface and Icons as in the ones of N and E series?

Would I get the bluetooth A2DP Profile?

Any new applications?

Regards,

Hadi

hadi_ghannam, Apr 2, 2016
  4. LMiller7 Win User

Benefits of Disabling Cache

Welcome to the forum.

Which cache are you talking about? Modern versions of Windows have several caches.

LMiller7, Apr 2, 2016
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    BunnyJ, Apr 2, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    It would be zero benefit.

bro67, Apr 2, 2016
  7. bro67 Win User
    I only disable the Swap, when there is enough RAM installed in the machine, because the RAM is always going to be faster than a hard drive.

bro67, Apr 2, 2016
  8. BunnyJ New Member

I wouldn't bother. Windows will only use the swap file if it's needed.

BunnyJ, Apr 2, 2016
  9. bro67 Win User
    Windows does not even touch the Swap file if you have enough RAM. I have over 12 GB in my machines and the Swap file is never used. It also wears out the hard drive more, if have a large RAM cache, but never take advantage of it.

Only one machine that I have, uses the actual Hard Drive cache. That is one that only has 4 GB, which runs a lot of system intensive processes that has to also have a fast enough hard drive, to handle what the programs I run on it need.

If there is enough RAM, you are using an SSD, shut off Swap and let the machine handle it in RAM and save the SSD.

bro67, Apr 2, 2016
  10. Hi Everyone,
    Thanks for your answers. I really didn´t know there were different kinds. I read that one of the benefits of disabling cache is that when a site has, for example, a new logo, you can see it if the cache for that or any site is disabled. If it wasn´t, you would be stuck seeing the old one and that you have more space (but what is that space good for?), but I mean, there has to be more benefits than that, right?

FrenchieBlue30, Apr 2, 2016
  11. bro67 Win User
    It is more trial and error than anything. I run Crush FTP on my machine that only has 4 gb and have no issues with it needing to swap.

My two laptops have 12 GB and fast enough CPU's, that Swap was never being used, so I just shut it off and let the RAM handle. Those two are mainly just for email & Web browsing, some word processing and spreadsheets, which are just basic.

If gaming, you want the Seap, you need a fast enough hard drive to handle the heavy hauling between the CPU and APU/GPU.

Use Resource monitor to its full advantage to help you find the best settings.

bro67, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Benefits of Disabling Cache - Similar Threads - Benefits Disabling Cache

2. benefits of windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    benefits of windows 11: What are the benefits of windows 11 compared to windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/benefits-of-windows-11/467821cb-1949-41d5-8979-f6e67fbbe238
  3. benefits of windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    benefits of windows 11: What are the benefits of windows 11 compared to windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/benefits-of-windows-11/467821cb-1949-41d5-8979-f6e67fbbe238
  4. How to disable BIOS Cache or Shadowing?

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable BIOS Cache or Shadowing?: [ATTACH]Some users have reported getting a Blue screen of death where they are suggested […] This article How to disable BIOS Cache or Shadowing? first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. How do you disable caching?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do you disable caching?: Yes, I know I want it. My SSD is fast enough though and the extra heat this cache feature is creating is nuts. I found a way to shut it off before, but I did a fresh install. submitted by /u/STOP_POLLUTING [link] [comments]...
  6. Disable WebDAV caching for large files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disable WebDAV caching for large files: Hi, I use WebDAV on my NAS to access files remotely over the internet. The WebDAV volume can be conveniently mounted on the remote machines (Win 10) at startup via net use and it works fine without any third-party tools. However, Windows' own WebDAV client implementation is...
  7. Disable PIN caching for Virtual Smart Cards

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disable PIN caching for Virtual Smart Cards: We want to store digital certificates for PDF signing in virtual smart cards. Due to regulatory reasons (FDA, we are developing medical devices), I have to assure that the PIN protecting the certificate has to be (re-)entered for each document to be signed. The default...
  8. Permanently Disable Web Cache

in Browsers and Email
    Permanently Disable Web Cache: I've seen some threads from over 2 years ago on this topic and would like to know if there is a current solution to this problem. Whenever I run CCleaner I end up with tons of "cache" files. Nothing seems to stop them and repeated cleanings make no difference. I hope someone...
  9. Permanently Disable Web Cache

in Windows 10 Support
    Permanently Disable Web Cache: I've seen some threads from over 2 years ago on this topic and would like to know if there is a current solution to this problem. Whenever I run CCleaner I end up with tons of "cache" files. Nothing seems to stop them and repeated cleanings make no difference. I hope someone...
  10. Disabling Write Cache on Drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disabling Write Cache on Drive: Hi, I have seen in Event Viewer a Warning saying it is Recommended to Disable Write Cache on "DR2". - How to identify which Drive is that DR2? - Should I indeed disable the Write Cache as recomended by Windows? Thank you. 58268

Users found this page by searching for:

1. benifits of disabling disk cache