Windows 10: Bengali fonts not displaying correctly

Discus and support Bengali fonts not displaying correctly in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Bengali fonts used in Windows apps are falling back to Nirmala UI. This does not seem to be an app specific issue but a font issue. This is a universal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Maggie_633, Mar 30, 2022.

1. Bengali fonts not displaying correctly

Bengali fonts used in Windows apps are falling back to Nirmala UI. This does not seem to be an app specific issue but a font issue. This is a universal problem in all applications regardless of region or language. In the attached example, Nirmala UI displays incorrectly and Mangal displays correctly. Nirmala UI does not seem to be optimized for Bengali, as some characters display incorrectly. An example is attached, the issue is specifically with the middle character "ক্তৃ". Is it possible that Windows can substitute out the font for one with the correct display for Bengali? The issue also e

:)

Maggie_633, Mar 30, 2022
  2. oriey Win User

Using the bengali Unicode based Fonts

Hello Everybody !

I'm wondering if it is possible to use the Bengali Unicode based fonts in Windows Mobile 6.5. Usually i like to visit a lot of bengali websites which are written in unicode based bengali fonts. But unfortunately when i try to visit them in my HTC
    HD2 they just represent some square blocks. for example :
    মুক্তমনা বাংলা ব্লগ – বিজ্ঞান, যুক্তি, মুক্তচিন্তা

this is the site i like to visit. can u guys tell me a way so that my phone'll show the characters correctly instead of showing those blocks ?

oriey, Mar 30, 2022
  3. How to display a text file containing Bengali language font?

I want to display a text file containing Bengali language font. The text file is in UTF-8 format. Japanese and Bengali language font is displaying like box.

My development environment is VC++(2008)+ Pocket PC 2003 SDK. and my Device version Acer n30:Windows Mobile 2003 Se

In the device regional settings there is no option for Japanese and Bengali language setting.

I have copied MSGothic.ttf font to \windows folder but still displaying japanese font like box.

Note: All the font are in unicode format.

Md. Ali Naser Khan, Mar 30, 2022
  4. Kevin J S Win User

Bengali fonts not displaying correctly

Bengali font & Windows Phone 7

Dr. KaustuvBanerjee -

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the Windows Phone Community!

The Bengali font is currently not supported as a display language or as an available on-screen keyboard. This page lists the supported languages for Windows Phone 7:

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/how-to/wp7/basics/feature-and-service-availability

You are more than welcome to suggest this feature be added on the Uservoice form:

http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions

Let us know if you have any further questions!

Regards,

Kevin J S, Mar 30, 2022
Thema:

Bengali fonts not displaying correctly

1. Bengali fonts not displaying correctly - Similar Threads - Bengali fonts displaying

2. Font thumbnail not display correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Font thumbnail not display correctly: Several of my thumbnails do not diplay in the actual font https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/font-thumbnail-not-display-correctly/62a6c6d6-012d-4493-8537-b6f98ba06f06
  3. Font thumbnail not display correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Font thumbnail not display correctly: Several of my thumbnails do not diplay in the actual font https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/font-thumbnail-not-display-correctly/62a6c6d6-012d-4493-8537-b6f98ba06f06
  4. Bengali fonts not displaying correctly

Bengali fonts not displaying correctly: Bengali fonts used in Windows apps are falling back to Nirmala UI. This does not seem to be an app specific issue but a font issue. This is a universal problem in all applications regardless of region or language. In the attached example, Nirmala UI displays incorrectly and...
  5. Hindi fonts not displaying correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hindi fonts not displaying correctly: Hindi fonts used in Windows apps are falling back to Nirmala UI. Nirmala UI does not seem to be optimized for Hindi, as some characters display incorrectly. An example is attached, the issue is specifically with the middle character. Is it possible that Windows can substitute...
  6. Hindi fonts not displaying correctly

Hindi fonts not displaying correctly: Hindi fonts used in Windows apps are falling back to Nirmala UI. Nirmala UI does not seem to be optimized for Hindi, as some characters display incorrectly. An example is attached, the issue is specifically with the middle character. Is it possible that Windows can substitute...
  7. Installed fonts are not displayed correctly in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Installed fonts are not displayed correctly in Windows 10: Hello, I have been trying to install new fonts on my Windows 10. The fonts gets installed and show up in the Office apps, but as I type, the font is not displaying correctly and is replaced by a generic font. The font file is a .TTF and it has been working for me on my other...
  8. WLM Not displaying font correctly when "reply" is used

in Browsers and Email
    WLM Not displaying font correctly when "reply" is used: Hi I'm using Windows Live Mail and when I select "Reply" the whole email and any part I type shows at about 300% view. This also happens with "Reply all" and "Forward" This just started happening and I have no idea why, I probably changed some setting but have no...
  9. Bullet Points Don't Display Correctly (Corrupt Font?

Bullet Points Don't Display Correctly (Corrupt Font?: I am sure this has something to do with font files but I can't seem to fix the problem. Bullet Points within Microsoft Office applications are not displaying correctly. I think the best way to show you this is with a screenshot: [img] I have tried to restore default fonts...
  10. Windows 10 Display Font not showing correctly

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Display Font not showing correctly: Hi people, Since upgrading to Windows 10 Pro 64-bit through an ISO file created by the Media Creation Tool, I noticed a font display problem. The screenshot shows the problem in Microsoft Edge (circled in red). The problem occurs in Internet Explorer and a few apps with...