Windows 10: Best advertisement of MacBook

Discus and support Best advertisement of MacBook in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/vyacheslavchernyavsk [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i28k1n/best_advertisement_of_macbook/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/vyacheslavchernyavsk, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Best advertisement of MacBook

/u/vyacheslavchernyavsk, Aug 2, 2020

2. Beware: Apple Macbook False Advertising

My roommate works for an advertising company.

One of those small places that make the cheap ads for local businesses that run on late night public access.

Anyway, they use Final Cut Pro to edit all their videos.

He was using a Macbook Air from 2011, 1.6GHz dual-core i5 2.3GHz Turbo, 4GB RAM, 128GB SSD.

It was starting to show his age, so he went out and bought the new Macbook.

Seemed like a decent upgrade, 1.1GHz Dual-Core Broadwell Processor 2.4GHz Turbo, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, slightly bigger screen, thinner.

However, once he started using it he was instantly disappointed.

Rendering video in Final Cut was extremely slow.

Projects that would take 5 minutes to render on his old Macbook Air were taking twice as long, or longer, on the new Macbook.

I took a look at it for him, but not being a mac guy I couldn't really figure anything out.

Maybe the SSD was bad, maybe the RAM, I didn't know.

So we ended up loading bootcamp and Windows on it.

Obviously Final Cut wouldn't work in Windows, but I loaded up Cinebench, I figured that was kind of close to rendering video and something I could get quickly.

The score was horrible, I had several monitoring programs open while it was going.

Then I noticed it, the CPU was only running at 900MHz!

Then I saw the CPU temps, they were hitting 90C!

I didn't some digging on the CPU, and found that even though Apple is advertising it as a 1.1GHz CPU, Intel actually says the base clock IS 900MHz!

There is an option that Intel gives called "Configuable TDP-up" that allows the CPU to operate at a 1.1GHz base clock but output more power and heat.

However, the Macbook can't handle that frequency because it doesn't have a fan.

So it goes down to 900MHz.

So Apple is selling the Macbook as having a 1.1GHz processor, knowing that it will only run at 900MHz under load!

That is false advertising!

They claim on the Macbook's webpage that "The new MacBook has been engineered from the ground up for silent, efficient performance."

That is false advertising, the performance is in reality terrible.

They claim on the Macbook's marketing that "The new MacBook is made even more efficient by OS X features like Timer Coalescing, App Nap, and Safari Power Saver, which ensure that every task is performed using just the right amount of power. No more, no less."

More false advertising, the CPU thermally throttles so task get less power than they need, not the right amount.

So, buyer beware, Apple is selling you a turd.

Eric_Cartman, Aug 2, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Windows on Macbook Pro using Bootcamp

Hi,

You need support software (drivers) installed with Boot Camp to use Windows 10. This software is automatically downloaded when you use Boot Camp Assistant. Boot Camp supports 64-bit versions of Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Pro when used with a supported
    Mac. Here are the list that supports Windows 10:

• MacBook Pro (2012 and later)
    • MacBook Air (2012 and later)
    • MacBook (2015 and later)
    • iMac Pro (2017)iMac (2012 and later)
    • Mac mini (2012 and later)
    • Mac mini Server (Late 2012)
    • Mac Pro (Late 2013)

We also suggest that you check and follow the steps shared by Andre Da Costa on this
    thread on how to setup Windows 10 on your Mac using Boot Camp.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Aug 2, 2020
  4. trt740 Win User

Best advertisement of MacBook

Post your source for the best Stepping for Amd 64's and Optys

Post your Stepping and o/c for Amd 64's Am2 /939 and Optys

can anyone point me in the direction of a good site which lists stepping codes for which cpu's over clock the best

trt740, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

Best advertisement of MacBook

1. Best advertisement of MacBook - Similar Threads - Best advertisement MacBook

2. Spanish Advertising

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spanish Advertising: I play the Microsoft Solitaire Collection quite a bit. I use the free version, so I get ads. I don't mind....but....WHY am I now getting mostly Spanish Language ads? This is getting very annoying. I don't speak spanish!!! How can I get English ads?...
  3. GAME ADVERTISMENTS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    GAME ADVERTISMENTS: I LOVE PLAYING SPIDER SOLITAIRE, BUT AM REALLY VEXED BY THE CONSTANT INTERRUPTIONS ON WINDOWS 10. AND BEING ASKED TO PAY TO HAVE THEM REMOVED. ARE MICROSOFT SO BROKE? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-advertisments/cadc5c13-30c6-498d-a669-cbd670bdb8b7
  4. Best way to share files from Windows to a MacBook?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best way to share files from Windows to a MacBook?: Hi guys, I'd like to make a shared folder on my windows laptop and a shared folder macbook so I can share files between each. Is there a good method or tutorial you'd suggest for setting this up? submitted by /u/wozmatic [link] [comments]...
  5. Guce Advertising

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Guce Advertising: All the threads appear to be locked on this subject, but the answer for those who can't get into their AOL Mail due to the Guce redirect is open IE11. It also "controls" MS Edge. Then Tools>Internet Options>Security>Trusted Sites and addHTTPS://guce.advertising.com...
  6. Guce Advertising

Guce Advertising: How do I get rid of Guce advertising message when signing into Aol using Edge? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/guce-advertising/0ba82f06-0cae-46c6-b143-d711a672adf4
  7. Corner advertisement

in Windows 10 Customization
    Corner advertisement: I was wondering if there is any way to get rid of the little advertisements that keep popping up in the bottom right corner of the computer screen. It gets in the way. Do I go under settings? Thank you....
  8. Game Advertisements

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Game Advertisements: While playing solitaire with my Granddaughter (8 years old) adds for Coors Beer and Gambling Slots kept popping up. Aside from being very annoying, my granddaughter kept asking me gambling and drinking questions. This is not what Microsoft should be presenting themselves...
  9. advertisement

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    advertisement: after I installed new ink cartridges on my printer, an advertisement keeps popping up every 30 seconds thanking me for using HP cartridges and asks me to order from HP???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/advertisement/0aa9bf9c-d8d1-42b5-8947-dc723b94f710"
  10. Recommend Me the Best Cleaner Tool for My MacBook Pro!

Recommend Me the Best Cleaner Tool for My MacBook Pro!: Hi, I have some junk file issues with my MacBook Pro. I have tried many methods to prevent the hidden installation of software but failed to stop them. Now I have been tired to apply various methods. I have shared this issue in many forums and didn't get a solution. Someone...