Windows 10: Best antivirus?

Discus and support Best antivirus? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm pretty careful on the web but I know I'm not immune to viruses. I currently use Windows Defender as my traditional antivirus and occasional scans... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Blasterboy47, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Best antivirus?

I'm pretty careful on the web but I know I'm not immune to viruses. I currently use Windows Defender as my traditional antivirus and occasional scans from Malwarebytes Free to catch more advanced malware that Defender might miss. Is there anything wrong with this setup? I've heard Kapersky Free is the best free antivirus, should I replace Windows Defender with it? If so, does that also replace Malwarebytes?

submitted by /u/Blasterboy47
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Blasterboy47, Mar 18, 2020

2. Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Mar 18, 2020
  3. Foolproof Idiotproof Antivirus

I'm about to help someone with an internet cafe and i'd like an antivirus that can withstand the most clueless and the most purposeful idiot. Any suggestions?

[I.R.A]_FBi, Mar 18, 2020
  4. kath_986 Win User

Best antivirus?

Avira Antivirus

Windows cannot send updates due to Avira Antivirus (not Aviva) - they suggest uninstalling Avira but it is not listed and I am not aware that I ever downloaded it. Presume its some sort of malware - any suggestions please if anyone has had the same problem
    - thank you

Kath Oliver

kath_986, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

Best antivirus?

1. Best antivirus? - Similar Threads - Best antivirus

2. What's the Best Antivirus for Windows 10 and 11? (Is Microsoft Defender Good Enough?)

in Windows 10 News
    What's the Best Antivirus for Windows 10 and 11? (Is Microsoft Defender Good Enough?): Gone are the days when Windows would insist on installing antivirus software. Since Windows 8, you can inbuilt antivirus software known as Windows Defender. However, is this enough? Can this software keep your system and data protected? This article will look at whether you...
  3. Which antivirus is the best for Windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Which antivirus is the best for Windows 10: I have reinstalled a new fresh window 10 in my PC after my pc was infected by a ransom virus UYJH I recovered some of my files using a stellar data recovery I formatted all partitions just I have finished the recovery process I checked my pc many times using different removal...
  4. Which antivirus is the best for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which antivirus is the best for Windows 10: I have reinstalled a new fresh window 10 in my PC after my pc was infected by a ransom virus UYJH I recovered some of my files using a stellar data recovery I formatted all partitions just I have finished the recovery process I checked my pc many times using different removal...
  5. Which antivirus is the best for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Which is the best antivirus software for Windows 11?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Which is the best antivirus software for Windows 11?: Hello, I am Bhuvneshwar from Nippon Alloys IncI've been using Windows 11 for the past two months, and I'd want to know which antivirus is the best for Windows 11....
  7. What is the best Antiviruse software?

What is the best Antiviruse software?: Please name the best Antiviruses software. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/what-is-the-best-antiviruse-software/63bd7110-b391-4907-ab3b-d450285b6fc6
  8. Microsoft Defender is amongst the best antiviruses for Windows 10, Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Defender is amongst the best antiviruses for Windows 10, Windows 11: Windows Defender, which comes pre-installed on Windows 10 and Windows 11, is amongst the best antiviruses in 2021. That’s according to AV-TEST, which is an independent IT security institute that performs various tests to rank antivirus programs based on performance, security...
  9. RAM Ultimate Antivirus- Best Machine Learning Antivirus

RAM Ultimate Antivirus- Best Machine Learning Antivirus: What RAM Antivirus brings to youRAM Antivirus is loaded with useful, functional options that allow users to quickly and easily remove Viruses. But that’s not all, when you buy RAM Ultimate Antivirus you will also get the most amazing PRO Features!Stop PC control takers:...
  10. What is currently the best Antivirus in your opinion?

What is currently the best Antivirus in your opinion?: What is currently the best Antivirus in your opinion? Paid and Free. I currently use Avast and was wondering if there may be something better around. 179743