Windows 10: Best antivirus?

Discus and support Best antivirus? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have read through thread and I don't see any big group agreeing on one. I know I don't like Norton, been using avp... which is best? 52140 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Guntert, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Guntert Win User

Best antivirus?

I have read through thread and I don't see any big group agreeing on one. I know I don't like Norton, been using avp... which is best?

:)

Guntert, Jun 2, 2016

2. Best Windows and Best Browser

Hi Debabrata,

You are absolutely right.

Windows 10 is by far the best windows I have ever used.

Overall UI is awesome and performance is at it's best.

I have upgraded over 10-15 devices (including friend's devices) to Windows 10.

Love Windows 10, Love Microsoft.

Harshil Darji, Jun 2, 2016
  3. Best Windows and Best Browser

Upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Home Premium. Though the download and preparing for installing and upgrading took a very very long time, but it's worth it. The experience with Windows 10 has been great so far. And Microsoft Edge is the best browser
    I have seen. Thank you Microsoft. You are the true pioneer of technology.

Best antivirus? [​IMG]

DEBABRATA CHATTERJEE, Jun 2, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Best antivirus?

It's a matter of personal preference but I have found the built in windows defender to be perfectly adequate.

philc43, Jun 2, 2016
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    I agree.. everyone seems to have a personal preference and I like the idea of sticking with Defender. Currently I'm using Avira and I like it a lot.

BunnyJ, Jun 2, 2016
  6. Edward Win User
    Defender is good, sometimes I use it but I am using Eset NOD 32 right now because it's faster to remove threats.

Edward, Jun 2, 2016
  7. axe0 New Member
    I personally use BitDefender Total Security, but I would recommend Windows Defender as base *Smile

axe0, Jun 2, 2016
  8. swarfega Win User

Best antivirus?

You will never get a definitive answer, as mentioned above, everyone sings the praises of their own choice without much research in to the software's effectiveness.

swarfega, Jun 2, 2016
  9. axe0 New Member
    There are the tests for *Smile
    AV Comparatives AV Test Links

axe0, Jun 2, 2016
  10. swarfega Win User
    Indeed there are but they too can come out differently from reviewer to reviewer. Its not a uniform process.

swarfega, Jun 2, 2016
  11. lx07 Win User
    I wouldn't worry about it. Defender works fine but is also quite likely unnecessary.

There hasn't been a decent virus outbreak since about 1996 - AV software is snake-oil in my opinion (although I guess using any is better than nothing if you are not sure).

You are better off just not clicking on random links and entering your bank details in sites you do not know. That is where the real problem lies and no AV will help you with that.

I made this exact error a couple of days ago (trying to buy a cheap aeroplane ticket). I gave my card details and then the site said they wanted me to send scanned copies of my passport and both sides of my credit card. Obviously I didn't do that.

12. No right answer, if one antivirus was the best then everyone would be using it, whatever's best for you. I use Emsisoft Antimalware, no bloat, a behavior blocker which is second to none and pretty much catches everything thrown at it, they use their own engine as well as Bitdefender's which is very good, best support going at their forum and one of the few antivirus companies which actually holds integrity to their products. In my humble opinion you cannot go wrong with it and price decreases for every year you renew.

Digmor Crusher, Jun 10, 2016
  13. Molyy Win User

Best antivirus?

maybe everyone will show you different answers . l'd like to use 360 a little. and also wanna get some free to use. just personal opinion

Molyy, Jun 11, 2016
  14. Stephanie Win User
    I have been using Windows Defender in Windows 10 for some time now and found it to be very good and I have no intension of installing any 3rd party Antivirus *Smile

Stephanie, Jun 11, 2016
  15. I agree fully with you there
    Having dumped McAfee on all the system I help look after, Windows Defender on all of them and doing a very good job.

hTconeM9user, Jun 11, 2016
Thema:

Best antivirus?

1. Best antivirus? - Similar Threads - Best antivirus

2. What is the best antivirus app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is the best antivirus app: With links if possible submitted by /u/killer987xn [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i1su79/what_is_the_best_antivirus_app/
  3. WHATS THE VERY BEST ANTIVIRUS/VPN TO WORK SEEMLESSLY WITH WINDOWS 10 THE VERY LATEST VERSION?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WHATS THE VERY BEST ANTIVIRUS/VPN TO WORK SEEMLESSLY WITH WINDOWS 10 THE VERY LATEST VERSION?: HELP ME PICK THE RIGHT ONE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-the-very-best-antivirusvpn-to-work/d98b083c-dbec-4bf3-bba4-9f827445a2c1
  4. Best antivirus program1?

Best antivirus program1?: Can you please recommend a good and free antivirus program? Bestes Antivirenprogramm1?
  5. Best antivirus?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best antivirus?: I'm pretty careful on the web but I know I'm not immune to viruses. I currently use Windows Defender as my traditional antivirus and occasional scans from Malwarebytes Free to catch more advanced malware that Defender might miss. Is there anything wrong with this setup? I've...
  6. What is the best antivirus?

What is the best antivirus?: I need install Chrome or fire fox, but when I installed chrome, next day always infected Microsoft urgent virus. I do not know what to do. I need to know which antivirus is best for my computer?...
  7. if i leave s mode,which antivirus is best used for windows 10 home

if i leave s mode,which antivirus is best used for windows 10 home: if i leave s mode,which antivirus is best used for windows 10 home https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-leave-s-modewhich-antivirus-is-best-used-for/4b5c6d6a-861c-4094-a635-ed97e128ec7d"
  8. best antivirus for internet banking

best antivirus for internet banking: hi can anyone tell me the best antivirus and security for banking and shopping online its not for me but daughter just got a new laptop with bascic security on but she tried to download fsecure her normal security but tells her to switch out of s mode on windows 10 s...
  9. what will be the best antivirus for windows 10

what will be the best antivirus for windows 10: thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/what-will-be-the-best-antivirus-for-windows-10/434a0c4d-5f73-4738-895a-604fbcb6edbc
  10. Which antivirus do you recommend is best for Windows 10 Home?

Which antivirus do you recommend is best for Windows 10 Home?: Hello, I have installed Windows 10 Home and please tell me what antivirus you recommend to install it, but I want the antivirus not to consume too much resources. I mention that I checked on the AV-Test and AV-Comparatives sites and the antivirus that is embedded Windows 10...