Windows 10: Best approach for same album names?

Discus and support Best approach for same album names? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I was thinking to add ' or ` to the end of the album name.. for those albums with the same name.. I wonder what do you guys do for situations like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by suta, Nov 6, 2019.

1. suta Win User

Best approach for same album names?

Hi I was thinking to add ' or ` to the end of the album name.. for those albums with the same name.. I wonder what do you guys do for situations like this? to prevent the songs from albums from merging.

:)

suta, Nov 6, 2019
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

How to sort folders of music by Album Name

To sort by Album name, you need Sort By > Album in the right click context menu. But it is not there.

Add it there.
    Step 1: Right Click > Sort by > More ....
    Best approach for same album names? [​IMG]
    In the Choose Details dialog, check the album box, click OK.
    Now Sort By > Album is rightly there.

Now, to add the Album column, you need to edit the music tags. I use MP3Tag in order to do this.

3. How to sort folders of music by Album Name

Album name will be blank if only the folders are showing in the list. The folders do not contain any tag info. Only the MP3 files have that info embedded in them. Track number, Artist, Album, etc will all be blank for folders in explorer.

alphanumeric, Nov 6, 2019
  4. Eric Ber Win User

name photo album windows 10

Hi Rena,

Conflicts with the photos app settings is one of the possible reasons why you are having issues naming an album. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the Windows key, type winver, and press the Enter key.
    • Do you have a third-party security software installed?

Meanwhile, I would suggest that you try running the Windows app troubleshooter and check if you will still encounter
    the same issue in renaming an album in the Photos app.

Update us with the results so we can further assist you.

Eric Ber, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Best approach for same album names? - Similar Threads - Best approach same

2. Is there a recommended approach or a best practice for managing Windows updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a recommended approach or a best practice for managing Windows updates: Is there a recommended approach or a best practice for managing Windows updates in a business environment to minimize disruptions while ensuring system security? I'm interested in learning about strategies or tools that effectively balance the need for timely updates with the...
  3. Is there a recommended approach or a best practice for managing Windows updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a recommended approach or a best practice for managing Windows updates: Is there a recommended approach or a best practice for managing Windows updates in a business environment to minimize disruptions while ensuring system security? I'm interested in learning about strategies or tools that effectively balance the need for timely updates with the...
  4. 2 Startup folders with the exact same name in the same name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 Startup folders with the exact same name in the same name: i have 2 startup folders in the same folder for some unknown to me reason. When i put in "shells:startup" in Run it opens up a startup folder thats read only and its empty whenever i try to change it to not be read only it just reapplies after the properties window closes...
  5. Auto-start computer at 9am daily - best approach?

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto-start computer at 9am daily - best approach?: I'd like to shut down my computer and have it start back up each morning at 9am. I've never used the Sleep or Hibernate modes, so I'm not sure if that would be good or to use an AC switch the turns the power on at 9am. What's the best approach? 167088
  6. KO Approach

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    KO Approach: Any software for windows that is like KO Approach. Either in the context menu like in KO or in any other way? submitted by /u/suskab [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f1kgue/ko_approach/
  7. What is the best approach to disassociating windows 10 from a microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is the best approach to disassociating windows 10 from a microsoft account?: I recently installed windows 10 and found, to my utter contempt, that microsoft forces you to use a microsoft live account to do the install. There is a way around it but I didn't know that at the time. I want to completely disassociate my windows 10 install from any...
  8. best Approach..

in Windows 10 Support
    best Approach..: Hello, I have 2 working pc. A w 7, a w10 version. The w 10 pc is for vr. I got dogs, have not turned on w 10 pc almost a year. W 7 pc works great but....... W 10 ver is around 17xxx build. Its on an SSD. I have been seeing where w10 updates have been hell all year long. too...
  9. Best approach to configuring windows 7/10 pro with single license?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Best approach to configuring windows 7/10 pro with single license?: I have 2 computers with windows 7 pro 64 bit at my house. The living room computer is the family computer which has windows 7 pro 64 bit on one hard drive. I have in my own room, windows 8.1 Enterprise 64 bit, which has 2 partitions, with windows 7 Pro on the remaining...
  10. What is the best approach to install windows 10 to new SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is the best approach to install windows 10 to new SSD: First, let me say that last night, out of the blue,my PC crashed. Long story short, my Kingston 240gb SSD abruptly died. I'm not sure how long I had it, but it was no more than three years old. The system itself was built in 2011, but I changed the original Intel 120GB SSD to...