Windows 10: Best backup and sync tool

Discus and support Best backup and sync tool in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Another question... what about using Microsoft's built in backup and recovery feature? Is it also a good choice? Or not really? How to create a full... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Word Man, Apr 5, 2018.

1. f14tomcat Win User

Best backup and sync tool

The native Windows Image Backup is of Win 7 heritage and is being deprecated, meaning MS is phasing it out. It still works, but is nowhere near as powerful or flexible as Macrium. It is not a good choice moving forward. Stay with Macrium.

f14tomcat, Apr 29, 2018
  2. Hoffl Win User

Good to know. I'll stick with Macrium. Thank you.

Hoffl, Apr 29, 2018
  3. Hoffl Win User
    Success! I created an image with Macrium *Smile

But... it gave me four image files (instead of just one).
    To a novice like me it's confusing... I just want to use one file to restore my whole PC. Not four files. To me, it could easily be mistaken as four incremental backups, not four files all needed to do one recovery of the first backup.

Can anyone help? How would I get just one backup (image) file for my whole PC? (With Macrium Reflect Free)

Thanks!

Best backup and sync tool [​IMG]

Hoffl, Apr 29, 2018
  4. RolandJS Win User

I'm posting so that I can easier follow this thread, this happens to me maybe once or twice yearly, and cannot remember why or how such happened.

RolandJS, Apr 29, 2018
  5. Word Man Win User
    Your target disk (where image is saved) is very likely formatted FAT32. Largest file allowed on FAT32 volume is 4 GB. If you format target disk as NTFS, it will all be in one file unless you have it purposely set (an optional and 2nd possibility, if target isn't FAT32) to create maximum file size of 4 GB. It IS all one image, just split into maximum 4GB chunks.

Word Man, Apr 29, 2018
  6. Hoffl Win User
    That was it! It was FAT32. I deleted the old image files x4, and re-formated that USB stick to NTFS, and created a new image on that. Now I have one backup image file. Thank you Word Man : )

Hoffl, Apr 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Best backup and sync tool - Similar Threads - Best backup sync

2. Best way to backup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Best way to backup: Hi, I recently had an issue where my hard drive corrupted and I lost everything. I didnt have a restore point or backup. Now I want to make sure that if this happens again, I have a backup. What is the best way to do this on a regular basis? Would I need a 3rd party...
  3. Best replacement for Instant Backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Best replacement for Instant Backup: I used to use a program called Instant Backup, a paid program that did everything I wanted. I could schedule daily, weekly, and monthly backups and I managed to use it even on Windows 10 until I did a clean reinstall of Windows 10 and the program refused to install. I first...
  4. Backup/sync problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backup/sync problems: backup and sync never completes the whole backup. do I need to keep computer running for several days to complete backup? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backupsync-problems/4f49dda3-1abd-477d-a0bb-edbbce4f76b0
  5. Best Backup for NAS drives?

Best Backup for NAS drives?: Hi, Would anyone recommend a good Cloud Backup for my NAS drives, Synology DS218J NAS 16TB and WD My Cloud EX2 Ultra NAS 8TB both on RAID1 (HOME) setups but am looking for a online backup incase off theft or any other problems? I'm using about 2-4TB at the moment. Thanks...
  6. Best Windows 10 backup

Best Windows 10 backup: Having spent days trying to restore a system image - with the help of tenforums - I would like recommendations for backups for my Bootcamp drive please. 139239
  7. Best options for syncing Keepass

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Best options for syncing Keepass: Recently started using it, but im having a little trouble with it syncing (currently using onedrive). I have the master file on my drive account, but it doesn't seem to sync up quickly. When I make an edit on my PC it takes forever to sync/update on my phone. I have to...
  8. Backup and Sync

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup and Sync: Backup and sync is not working with the Microsoft photo app. The problem is somewhat random in that it syncs unedited photos, but not the edited versions. (This problem does not go with any of the offered topics)....
  9. Best type of sync?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Best type of sync?: What type of sync is best if you do not want to purchase a g-sync monitor? is it v-sync, fast-sync, adaptive-sync, something else? 70416
  10. Best backup program?

Best backup program?: What is the most dependable backup program for Windows 10? I need to backup to an external usb encrypted drive. I need to be able to restore both the system and individual files. Thanks. 57447