Windows 10: Best Blu-Ray Burner and Reader

Discus and support Best Blu-Ray Burner and Reader in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, Friends, Can anyone help me with any info on these blu-ray burners/readers. It seems that these are the top 3 latest blu-ray burners on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CerebralFreeze, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Best Blu-Ray Burner and Reader

Hello, Friends,

Can anyone help me with any info on these blu-ray burners/readers. It seems that these are the top 3 latest blu-ray burners on the market.

1. Pioneer BDR-212UBK
    2. Asus BW-16D1HT
    3. LG WH16NS60

• None of them makes reading UHD 4k blu-rays easy, according to reviews. The Pioneer requires some specialized Intel gear like an Intel CPU. The Asus makes it a pain to read because you probably have to downgrade the firmware. The LG also needs its firmware downgraded to play UHD 4k.
    • The Asus has been out for a while already so it has decent reviews but since it's the oldest, it's not particularly fast and slightly noisy. Just a solid, older model.
    • The Pioneer BDR-212UBK and LG WH16NS60 both have come out recently. They both come with Cyberlink software. The Pioneer can burn up to 100 gig M-Discs. The LG can only burn DVD-R Single Layer M-Discs (25 gig). The LG is slightly cheaper. The LG makes reading blu-rays difficult because you have to mess with downgrading the firmware.
    • The Pioneer doesn't have this problem but has another one. It has some steep requirements in terms of equipment. You need at least an i5 Intel CPU I think. You need at least a 630 integrated Intel graphics on the motherboard. And, a few other requirements. But, apparently, some people with a recently purchased computers that has other brands were able to make the Pioneer work for them though.
    • Pioneer also has a connection speed that is 6 Gb/s vs 1.5 Gb/s with the other two.

My Questions
    • Does anyone else have any other important info they would like to add?
    • Is there a difference between external and internal drives?
    • Which one would you purchase?

:)

CerebralFreeze, Sep 15, 2020
  2. 1udl Win User

Blu-ray burners in windows 10 home 64-bit

I just 'upgraded' to windows 10, and one of my two Blu-ray burners has disappeared from my hardware list, and it was working perfectly in windows 7 home premium 64-bit.

I have confirmed that the second drive is there in my cmos, and neither the windows device manager nor the disk management see it.

I have five media devices: 1x 500GB SSD, 2x 500GB HD, and 2x Blu-ray burners.

Can anyone tell me if we are limited to only one burner?

3. Alex_703 Win User
    Share a Blu-ray burner with Mac ?

I have a Windows-10-Pro laptop with a build in Blu-ray burner.

I would like to be able to burn disk to it from a Macbook Pro running Sierra.

I would like to know if this is possible?

If so, How do I setup a share to give full access of the Blu-ray to my Mac.

I put my Blu-ray on a share already however can not see it from my Macbook?

Do I need a special service or protocol installed to be able to access the Blu-ray from a mac?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Alex_703, Sep 15, 2020
  4. nvserg Win User

Best Blu-Ray Burner and Reader

Need a 4K or HD Blu-ray burner,

Microsoft doesnt sell any blu-ray burners...... I hoped they did but no.....

nvserg, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

Best Blu-Ray Burner and Reader

1. Best Blu-Ray Burner and Reader - Similar Threads - Best Blu Ray

2. Blu Ray player Does not play blu rays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blu Ray player Does not play blu rays: Hi I am trying to figure out if this is a hardware or software issue. I have Pioneer BD-2212. It worked twice and now it the drive won't play blu rays or show anything in the drive. I can hear the drive working. Device manager lists that it is working properly. I have windows...
  3. Best Blu-Ray Burner Software for BDXL Discs as of Oct, 2020?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Best Blu-Ray Burner Software for BDXL Discs as of Oct, 2020?: I know there are a whole bunch of burner software but I was wondering if someone knew if there is a current undisputed king of burner software for backing up data on Blu ray blank discs? The Pioneer that I got 212UBK is the only player that can burn 100 gigs and it came with...
  4. Pioneer Blu Ray Player/Burner not Recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pioneer Blu Ray Player/Burner not Recognized: After installing the latest Windows 10 update my Pioneer Blu Ray Player/Burner is not recognized how do I correct? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pioneer-blu-ray-playerburner-not-recognized/364fc2ef-35e4-498a-9aa6-a11ce2d1f0ed
  5. lg blu ray burner wont see 100gb media

lg blu ray burner wont see 100gb media: lg blu ray burner wont see 100gb media. It worked fine for years on 25 gb blu ray discs. Simply want to burn fata files. Nothing fancy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lg-blu-ray-burner-wont-see-100gb-media/30207b31-52fb-43ea-90aa-09033308a229
  6. LG UH12LS29 DVD burner Blu-ray reader not working in windows 10

LG UH12LS29 DVD burner Blu-ray reader not working in windows 10: My drive stopped working although it is recognized in bios and Device Manager. I've tried all the regedit tricks (upper filters, etc.). Previously the EnumDevice1 trick in regedit worked, but a week later the drive stopped working again. I've uninstalled the device,...
  7. What is the Best Windows 10 Blu-ray player?

What is the Best Windows 10 Blu-ray player?: Want to watch Blu-ray discs on your Windows 10 PC? DVDs are fairly simple to deal with on Windows 10, but what about Blu-ray? These discs are now the standard for HD video on the physical format, and as more and more of us use our PCs for home entertainment, it's perfectly...
  8. What is the Best Windows 10 Blu-ray player?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is the Best Windows 10 Blu-ray player?: Want to watch Blu-ray discs on your Windows 10 PC? DVDs are fairly simple to deal with on Windows 10, but what about Blu-ray? These discs are now the standard for HD video on the physical format, and as more and more of us use our PCs for home entertainment, it's perfectly...
  9. LG Mdrive Blu-ray burner.

LG Mdrive Blu-ray burner.: We moved and I've finally got my network up only to find my desktop's Blueray burner won't. I suppose that in the move the cable(s) might have slipped loose? But to troubleshoot I'm thinking I should delete the driver and reload it to get the latest Win10 version? Anybody got...
  10. Best free Blu-Ray disc player?

Best free Blu-Ray disc player?: What is the best free Blu-Ray video disc player for Windows 10? Thank you for your help. 39652