Windows 10: Best Browser

Discus and support Best Browser in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; That would sort of defeat their purpose, does not matter to me as I will never use Chrome anyway. What purpose? The option is there to prevent your... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by torre, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Best Browser

What purpose?

The option is there to prevent your issue with Chrome

ie, background tasks no longer run when you close Chrome

paulsalter, Feb 21, 2018

2. The purpose is that Chrome will not have to reload those processes. When one installs Firefox the default is ZERO processes and The User has to pick what they want from 0-7 and they all close.

Josey Wales, Feb 21, 2018
  3. Edwin New Member
    If you don't use Sync, you don't have to leave it running...

Best Browser [​IMG]

Edwin, Feb 21, 2018
  4. Craig Win User

Best Browser

Chrome use to be my main browser, but since Firefox Quantum came out....it's Firefox all the way! *Smile
    Prior to Quantum, i really didn't like firefox all that much...but when i saw all the changes in Quantum (inside and out) it was like a whole different browser and it won me over... *Wink

Craig, Feb 21, 2018
  5. Doc943 Win User
    Having a turn with Opera's new showing (with the Neon desktop). Looks and works okay and the inbuilt VPN doesn't seem to slow things down too much. However, it's still difficult to move from Chrome. Time will tell.
    Best Browser [​IMG]

Doc943, Feb 21, 2018
  6. HRC
    HRC Win User
    IE11 here until Edge adds the missing features IE11 has.

7. swarfega Win User
    What do you think Edge is missing?

swarfega, Feb 21, 2018
  8. Helmut Win User

Best Browser

Edge is missing a basic good Desktop layout, inefficient in use, much space is wasted by it being organised for touchscreen use. This goes way back to it's origins in Windows 8.1.

Too many unfathomable line drawn ZX Spectrum style Icons.

It is very slowly getting better but what a long wait it's been.

Helmut, Feb 21, 2018
  9. z3r010 Win User
    Edge is just IE12 and MSFT have always been terrible at making browsers that conform to the standards that all the other ones do.

z3r010, Feb 21, 2018
  10. swarfega Win User
    Unlike 8.1, these days we have feedback hub so if you have suggestions, maybe they'l add them.

swarfega, Feb 21, 2018
  11. Hi,
    When a MS presentation about 10 and the guy tries to use Edge and it keeps crashing and the guy has to install another browser to present the presentation you know Edge is total waste of time to use
    No amount of feedback will ever fix Edge of a cliff browser *Biggrin

ThrashZone, Feb 21, 2018
  12. Hi,
    It's probably already happened and I missed it but
    I'm waiting for the MS presentation where someone tries to do one and when he starts 10 goes into installing updates loop and can't *Tongue

ThrashZone, Feb 21, 2018
  13. Callender Win User

Best Browser

What I need in Edge: Decent extensions and a way to stop videos auto-playing along with click to play per element. Mostly I don't use Edge. There's no perfect browser. If it existed we would all be using it. I've been known to have 10 or more browsers (installed or portable) for various reasons.

Callender, Feb 21, 2018
  14. You really believe that MS will do anything about EDGE that is sent by a user? The key word is "Maybe"*Cool

Josey Wales, Feb 21, 2018
  15. swarfega Win User
    Its not what I think, I merely made a suggestion thats all, lets tone it down a notch shall we.

swarfega, Feb 22, 2018
Thema:

Best Browser

1. Best Browser - Similar Threads - Best Browser

2. Efficiency Mode has made all browsers very slow to use. Is this is the best way to save the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Efficiency Mode has made all browsers very slow to use. Is this is the best way to save the...: Windows tells me that they've started a great initiative to save the environment by putting unneeded tasks in efficiency mode. So all of us users can feel great about using a little less energy than we would have.The only problem is that I've only seen efficiency mode working...
  3. Efficiency Mode has made all browsers very slow to use. Is this is the best way to save the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Efficiency Mode has made all browsers very slow to use. Is this is the best way to save the...: Windows tells me that they've started a great initiative to save the environment by putting unneeded tasks in efficiency mode. So all of us users can feel great about using a little less energy than we would have.The only problem is that I've only seen efficiency mode working...
  4. Best Privacy browsers for Windows 11/10 PC

in Windows 10 News
    Best Privacy browsers for Windows 11/10 PC: [ATTACH]Which you’re the default web browser on your PC? Is that safe? Are you sure about privacy and safety? Today in this post, we will talk about the best privacy browsers for Windows 11/10 PC. While the popular web browsers, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft...
  5. Best Win 10 Browser + security/anti-spy/mal/adware plugins with lowest cpu/gpu/ram utilization?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best Win 10 Browser + security/anti-spy/mal/adware plugins with lowest cpu/gpu/ram utilization?: There's two things that I prioritize when using internet web browsers. That is I want peace of mind from spyware/adware/malware/etc. I also want as low of cpu, gpu, and ram utilization as possible as well. Right now I'm using Chrome (yeah yeah I know) with UblockOrigin,...
  6. Edge (on Win ten) is already the best browser for most users.

in Browsers and Email
    Edge (on Win ten) is already the best browser for most users.: It just is and it hasn't been one year since the stable release. Some people always have an axe to grind against windows default browser - they can move to edge train or keep using an inferior product. 164206
  7. Best Browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Best Browser: I am between Microsoft Edge Chromium, Opera and Vivaldi. Which browser is the best for Windows 10 and it has a ad - blocker system as good as Brave's? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/best-browser/29e7e214-8814-49c7-87c3-bf7cc872da45
  8. Best Vivaldi Browser Tips and Tricks

in Windows 10 News
    Best Vivaldi Browser Tips and Tricks: [ATTACH]Vivaldi browser is one of those browsers which offers excellent privacy controls and customization. In this post, we are sharing some essential tips and tricks […] This article Best Vivaldi Browser Tips and Tricks first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. What's the best browser to sync with windows 10 and Android?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What's the best browser to sync with windows 10 and Android?: I'm looking for a browser that's privacy oriented but is also pretty fast and doesn't kill my ram. submitted by /u/jonafamjoesta [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/glk4cq/whats_the_best_browser_to_sync_with_windows_10/
  10. Best browser for Win10 in terms of managing / copying bookmarks?

in Browsers and Email
    Best browser for Win10 in terms of managing / copying bookmarks?: Hi. I truly miss IE especially when it comes to managing bookmarks. With IE you can easily view, identify and manage all your bookmarks in the User / Favorites folder. You can open these links or save them to a disk or flash drive. Is there any supported browser that offers...