Windows 10: Best Chrome Extension for Improved Security?

Discus and support Best Chrome Extension for Improved Security? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Which Chrome extensions do people recommend to enhance security when using the Chrome browser? I've been using Ad Block and Windows Defender Browser... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Steve C, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Steve C Win User

Best Chrome Extension for Improved Security?

Which Chrome extensions do people recommend to enhance security when using the Chrome browser? I've been using Ad Block and Windows Defender Browser protection but there may be better options.

:)

Steve C, Apr 13, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Google Chrome Improving extension transparency for users

Source: Chromium Blog: Improving extension transparency for users

Best Chrome Extension for Improved Security? [​IMG]
    Tip Latest Google Chrome Released for Windows

Brink, Apr 13, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Chrome Web Store will no longer allow extensions with obfuscated code

Source: Chromium Blog: Trustworthy Chrome Extensions, by default

Brink, Apr 13, 2019
  4. Best Chrome Extension for Improved Security?

Suspect Chrome Extensions

Considering the amount of available Chrome extensions, that isn't a long list.

Masterchiefxx17, Apr 13, 2019
Thema:

Best Chrome Extension for Improved Security?

1. Best Chrome Extension for Improved Security? - Similar Threads - Best Chrome Extension

2. Google Improving Security and Privacy for Extensions in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    Google Improving Security and Privacy for Extensions in Google Chrome: No, Chrome isn’t killing ad blockers -- we’re making them safer Posted by Devlin Cronin, Chrome Extensions Team The Chrome Extensions ecosystem has seen incredible advancement, adoption, and growth since its launch over ten years ago. Extensions are a great way for users to...
  3. Installing Chrome extensions in Opera

in Browsers and Email
    Installing Chrome extensions in Opera: I used to be able to install Chrome extensions in Opera directly from the Chrome extensions store with an extension called "install Chrome extensions". Now I can't install extensions for some reason. The current extensions I previous installed update okay and run fine....
  4. Malwarebytes Browser Extension for Chrome

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malwarebytes Browser Extension for Chrome: Currently I use Defender and run Malwarebytes on demand. Does WD perform any browser related protection? I know it doesn't cover PUP's in std mode, Just wondering what the consensus is about this Malwarebytes Browser Extension for Chrome? Sounds like a good idea, but I...
  5. Verify Chrome Extension Is Safe

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Verify Chrome Extension Is Safe: Hello, I have installed a Chrome extension to remove cache, cookies, etc when I start Chrome. Is there a way to verify if this Chrome extension is safe? Is there any scan I can run? Thanks....
  6. Google Chrome Improving extension transparency for users

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome Improving extension transparency for users: We strive to ensure choice and transparency for all Chrome users as they browse the web. Part of this choice is the ability to use the hundreds of thousands of extensions available in the Chrome Web Store to customize the browsing experience in useful and...
  7. Get an installed extension in Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Get an installed extension in Chrome: Hello! I have a browser built from Chromium, It is installed a download extension(Savior).but I want to use Chrome, I can't find that extension on Web Store. Can I extract that extension to install on Chrome? Thank you 24231
  8. Ad-blocking extensions in Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Ad-blocking extensions in Chrome: Hi, Do the ad-blocking extensions in Google Chrome, still just hide the ads instead of preventing them from downloading? I heard that Chrome can't prevent the ads from getting downloaded, but that is a long time back now. Regards, L 82736
  9. Suspect Chrome Extensions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Suspect Chrome Extensions: Malicious Chrome Extensions... https://documents.trendmicro.com/ass...-droidclub.pdf 103743
  10. Grammarly Chrome Extension

in Browsers and Email
    Grammarly Chrome Extension: Suspect Chrome Extensions Posted below before I saw related post above. This post probably needs to be transferred. Excerpt from article. Grammarly has fixed a security bug in its Chrome extension that inadvertently allowed access to a user's account --...