Windows 10: Best, easiest and safest way to start over

Discus and support Best, easiest and safest way to start over in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; It may be worth waiting a week until the new spring update is out as ISO so you install the latest version thus saving massive update Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Samuria, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Samuria Win User

Best, easiest and safest way to start over

It may be worth waiting a week until the new spring update is out as ISO so you install the latest version thus saving massive update

Samuria, Apr 5, 2018

2. Hello friends.
    About a month ago, I got some insidious malware on my laptop.
    I thought I got rid of it with several antivirus and antimalware products.
    However I must not have eliminated completely, because today it got back (showing me ads, running strange processes, etc).
    So I was wondering if any kind soul can tell me the easiest (from a computer illiterate perspective) way to start over with windows 11.
    Do I download an iso from Microsoft ? Do I use windows refresh option? Something else?
    I don't have any programs or documents that I'd regret loosing.

:)

BreadedChicken, Apr 8, 2018
  3. Safest and Easiest way to update nokia xm 5800 to latest firmware

When I used my pc, the update size was 130mb or so.. when I used phone, it was only 17 mb... so yeah, going for OTA seems to be better!

figure_se7en, Apr 8, 2018
  4. Best, easiest and safest way to start over

Safest and Easiest way to update nokia xm 5800 to latest firmware

i would always go for OTA over pc as the pc often intends to be the problem when updates goes bad.

I always make sure that my pc is running fine - no driverissues and all updates are installed. - I have never had any trouble updating with XP prof, Vista 32 and 64 bit and now W7 64 bit.

Fender77---01, Apr 8, 2018
  5. CountMike New Member
    Security wise, it would be best to erase disk totally with something like this: Download Dariks Boot and Nuke - MajorGeeks one pass should be quite enough in such case.
    Next one to use a partition manager on a live CD/USB like: Download GParted Live - MajorGeeks to delete all the partitions.
    Easiest would be to download windows using MCT (Media Creation Tool) Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials boot from it and during setup/installation delete all partitions and let windows make what's necessary.
    Any other data holding devices like removable USB sticks and disks should also be sanitized because they may also be infected.

CountMike, Apr 8, 2018
Thema:

Best, easiest and safest way to start over

1. Best, easiest and safest way to start over - Similar Threads - Best easiest safest

2. Whats the best and easiest way to back up my data?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Whats the best and easiest way to back up my data?: I'm lost! theres plenty of options:Whats the difference between creating a system image, system repair disc, copy and paste my file manually to a flash drive, and click on BACK UP from file history?...
  3. Whats the best and easiest way to back up my data?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whats the best and easiest way to back up my data?: I'm lost! theres plenty of options:Whats the difference between creating a system image, system repair disc, copy and paste my file manually to a flash drive, and click on BACK UP from file history?...
  4. Safest Way to Share Folders & Files oVer Local Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Safest Way to Share Folders & Files oVer Local Network: I have 4 Win 10 PCs on my local network and want to be able to share folders & files over my local network allow full control to all users on the network, and all of the users are administrators. In looking into it I have several choices. I can choose Everyone,...
  5. Best/easiest way to upgrade a Win 10 Home to Pro

Best/easiest way to upgrade a Win 10 Home to Pro: I have an unused Win 7 Pro (or whatever it was called back then) retail license, and I also have a Win 10 Pro VM that I really don't use. What is the easiest or best way to do an in-place upgrade of this Win 10 Home laptop? I don't want to do a fresh install, since that...
  6. Best and safest way to Clean My Files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Best and safest way to Clean My Files: I have a lot of old and unwanted files on my comp and would be grateful if anyone could advise me which is the safest and best cleaner for a novice (Me) to use. 114229
  7. Best and safest Cleaner

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Best and safest Cleaner: I have a lot of old and unwanted files on my comp and would be grateful if anyone could advise me which is the safest and best cleaner for a novice (Me) to use. 114229
  8. Best/ Safest Way To Shutdown Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Best/ Safest Way To Shutdown Windows Defender: Win 10 pro 1709. I use Bitdefender Total Security 2018 which I am comfortable with after having used Norton for years on the old machine. There are a multitude of links out there on shutting down, turning off, and even un-installing (though some claim doing this will result...
  9. what is the best and safest way to format a storage drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    what is the best and safest way to format a storage drive: I have my OS on an SSD and then I have 3 2 TB hard drives that I use to have a triple redundancy backup. I have one drive I save everything to and then I use a program called GoodSync to back up that main drive to two other drives. It is a bit overkill but I know I will have...
  10. How to move Windows 10 OS to another Drive (safest & Easiest way?)

How to move Windows 10 OS to another Drive (safest & Easiest way?): How do you move your installation windows 10 to another drive? safest & easiest way? Currently my OS win10 is on HDD, i want to move it into my new fresh SSD. Any help will be grateful. 37109