Windows 10: Best/easiest way to upgrade a Win 10 Home to Pro

Discus and support Best/easiest way to upgrade a Win 10 Home to Pro in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have an unused Win 7 Pro (or whatever it was called back then) retail license, and I also have a Win 10 Pro VM that I really don't use. What is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by x509, Sep 24, 2019.

1. x509 Win User

Best/easiest way to upgrade a Win 10 Home to Pro

I have an unused Win 7 Pro (or whatever it was called back then) retail license, and I also have a Win 10 Pro VM that I really don't use.

What is the easiest or best way to do an in-place upgrade of this Win 10 Home laptop? I don't want to do a fresh install, since that would force me to re-install all the programs, do all the config work, etc.

:)

2. migrate(easiest) or reinstall win 10 pro on ssd...?

I had win 81 pro and upgraded to 10 pro... hdd...

Now plan to migrate to ssd... what is best...?

migrate(easiest) or reinstall win 10 pro on ssd...(hardest) ?

Lse123polis, Sep 24, 2019
  3. migrate(easiest) or reinstall win 10 pro on ssd...?

This thread is now far off the OP, which was

I had win 81 pro and upgraded to 10 pro... hdd...

Now plan to migrate to ssd... what is best...?

migrate(easiest) or reinstall win 10 pro on ssd...(hardest) ?

Cbarnhorst, Sep 24, 2019
  4. NgM007 Win User

Upgrading from Window 7 home to Window 10 Pro with Windows 8 Pro Product Key?

Hi,

I have a Windows 7 home pc that I would like to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. I have bought 3 Windows 8 Pro upgrades sometime ago that I have not used. I want to do an upgrade and not a clean install so that I can preserve my settings and applications. Can
    you suggest the easiest way to do that?

I believe I can upgrade my Win 7 home to Win 8 Pro with my license key, then from Win 8 pro to Win 10 pro with the 10586 November updates. I am hoping if there is a simpler way, like upgrading from Win 7 home to Win 10 home and with the Win 8 pro license
    key to update the Win 10 key from home to pro. Is this possible? Is there an easier way?

Martin

NgM007, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Best/easiest way to upgrade a Win 10 Home to Pro - Similar Threads - Best easiest upgrade

2. BEST WAY to upgrade from Win 8.1 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BEST WAY to upgrade from Win 8.1 to Win 10: best way to upgrade from Win 8.1 to Win 10 /11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/best-way-to-upgrade-from-win-81-to-win-10/f302bff3-e408-4421-83b7-3833b7d7ab06
  3. BEST WAY to upgrade from Win 8.1 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BEST WAY to upgrade from Win 8.1 to Win 10: best way to upgrade from Win 8.1 to Win 10 /11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/best-way-to-upgrade-from-win-81-to-win-10/f302bff3-e408-4421-83b7-3833b7d7ab06
  4. Best way to upgrade W 10 Home to Pro?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Best way to upgrade W 10 Home to Pro?: Best way to upgrade W 10 Home to Pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/best-way-to-upgrade-w-10-home-to-pro/1312ad2b-d280-4f44-a4bd-b9f5cb8a2e41
  5. Best way to recover a damaged Win 10 Home upgraded system?

Best way to recover a damaged Win 10 Home upgraded system?: I have a desktop PC that originally ran Win 7, and I upgraded to Win 10 64 bit via the free download about 5 years ago. Recently, I encountered a system failure at boot time, with a message telling me that I was missing a file and had to restore Windows. I have no Windows...
  6. What's the easiest way to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What's the easiest way to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro?: I have Windows 10 Home and I['ve just bought a Windows 10 Pro license key. What's the easiest way for me to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro without losing my files and settings etc? Thanks...
  7. Best method to upgrade Win Pro 7 to Win Pro 10?

Best method to upgrade Win Pro 7 to Win Pro 10?: I am in-house support of a modest sized Windows network which will upgrade to the latest version Windows server. Workstations will upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. I understand the free upgrade has ended and have no problem paying for upgrade licenses. We have...
  8. Win 10 Upgrade Home to Pro

Win 10 Upgrade Home to Pro: I have an ASUS laptop which came with Win 10 Home. It has been activated and working fine for more than a year. I need the remote Desktop, so I went to the MS Store and paid my $99 for an upgrade to Pro. Now Win won't activate, saying I don't have a valid license. Also it...
  9. Win 10 Home to Pro upgrade

Win 10 Home to Pro upgrade: How do I upgrade from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro with a digital Licence. The in structions say If you have a digital license for Windows 10 Pro, and Windows 10 Home is currently activated on your device, select Go to Microsoft Store and you'll be prompted to upgrade to...
  10. Best, easiest and safest way to start over

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Best, easiest and safest way to start over: It may be worth waiting a week until the new spring update is out as ISO so you install the latest version thus saving massive update