Windows 10: Best external storage device for HP Stream

Discus and support Best external storage device for HP Stream in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Can anyone share advice for the best and most affordable external storage device compatible with an HP Stream?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Cilemck, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Cilemck Win User

Best external storage device for HP Stream

Can anyone share advice for the best and most affordable external storage device compatible with an HP Stream?

:)

Cilemck, Oct 14, 2019

2. Update Assistant does not detect External Storage Device

I am currently facing an issue with the update assistant. The problem comes from the prompt as seen from this webpage

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-10-freeing-up-space-to-install-latest-update

The issue is in "Step 2: Connect an external storage device". It says to
    "Connect your external storage device and wait until you see it in the drop-down list" but the external storage device already connected to my device (and shows up on My PC) is not shown on the drop down list. Can you help?

Best external storage device for HP Stream c6321704-8541-466f-88a9-ab5e75fbdf04?upload=true.png

Haziq Jamaludin, Oct 14, 2019
  3. Lack of Storage Space and the HP Stream

Hi!

I have a relatively new HP Stream. It is driving me crazy. Windows wants to update, but it can't because there's not enough storage space. I've done everything I know to free up space, including following the directions, obtaining "help" and purchasing a flash
    drive. Nothing works!! I am very frustrated. Anyone out there have any suggestions? Am I missing something?

Thanks much, in advance!!

AndraHenderson, Oct 14, 2019
  4. DEANDOGG Win User

External HDD on HP Stream Windows 10

I have an Toshiba external HDD connected to a Windows 10 HP Stream. It shows up in devices with diagonal stripes, when I right click all I get is the Help menu. How to I get this to work??

DEANDOGG, Oct 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Best external storage device for HP Stream - Similar Threads - Best external storage

2. Best way to add external storage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Best way to add external storage: I am looking forward to making a lot more video files. Since they are 50 times larger than document files I am considering ways to add external storage to my Windows 10 PCs. I am experimenting with two 2 TB external hard drives made by JMicron. After I attached them to USB...
  3. Search in external storage device

in Cortana
    Search in external storage device: How can I search a word in documents that are in an external storage device? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-in-external-storage-device/8d5abdd3-c417-47cd-9f15-8449fe238e3e
  4. Best streaming device

Best streaming device: I have an old Roku and it doesn't handle Miracast or Chromecast so I need a new device. What is the best one to get? A new Roku? A Chromecast? A Firestick? I don't need or want 4K/UHD as my TV doe not support it. Tom's guide says Roku Streaming Stick+ is the best overall...
  5. HP Stream Laptop storage issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HP Stream Laptop storage issues: I've done everything I can even imagine to clear space for an update. There isn't a single file on here that belongs to me. Ive disabled hibernation, ive cleared everything of previous versions of windows, disk cleanup, etc etc. I don't know what to do....
  6. hp stream

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    hp stream: how do I connect a hdmi dvd/cd player, I have plugged in with hdmi cable, downloaded the free trial dvd app played a dvd but nothing happens. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-stream/29b2237d-c3fc-4f97-9784-a9bf77dfda0a
  7. Hp Stream

Hp Stream: I recently bought a HP Stream laptop, It has Microsoft edge as the web browser but I been trying to set the browser as Google but it wont download and keeps taking me to Bing. Also when i try to open certain pages my internet cuts off....
  8. Storage on a HP device

Storage on a HP device: So I have a windows 10 "Home" HP laptop, and I'm having trouble updating it. It's been acting up for a while(screen turning black and going back to normal after being shut off, the mouse spazzes out sometimes at night, ect.) I had gotten a USB/driver not to long ago and...
  9. Hitachi External Storage Device

Hitachi External Storage Device: Cannot get my Hatachi External Storage device to be recognized, using plug and play. Is there a driver that I need to download? If so, where can I find it?...
  10. hp stream

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    hp stream: I bought a hp stream and reset it because I thought it would give me hard drive space ,well its asking me for a product key. its telling me that my license will expire jan 4 2019 go to settings . I went to settings it says my pc is activated usin organization activation...