Windows 10: Best free and open source software available for Windows 10!

Discus and support Best free and open source software available for Windows 10! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TechHutTV [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TechHutTV, Mar 20, 2021.

1. Best free and open source software available for Windows 10!

/u/TechHutTV, Mar 20, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 20, 2021
  3. open source software

ok guys i seriously need some help on this one. *Eek! Best free and open source software available for Windows 10! :eek: at school i took a programing class with having no previous programming knowledge. any ways the teacher told us to pick a open source program and make a presentation about it.*Mad Best free and open source software available for Windows 10! :mad:

i have no idea about any programs besides Mozilla, and limewire.
    i tried googleing but not many useful results.

can you help make a list of popular open source programs?*Smile Best free and open source software available for Windows 10! :)

thanks guys.

i nEeD HeLp, Mar 20, 2021
  4. btarunr Win User

Best free and open source software available for Windows 10!

HP to Contribute webOS to Open Source

HP today announced it will contribute the webOS software to the open source community. HP plans to continue to be active in the development and support of webOS. By combining the innovative webOS platform with the development power of the open source community, there is the opportunity to significantly improve applications and web services for the next generation of devices.

webOS offers a number of benefits to the entire ecosystem of web applications. For developers, applications can be easily built using standard web technologies. In addition, its single integrated stack offers multiplatform portability. For device manufacturers, it provides a single web-centric platform to run across multiple devices. As a result, the end user benefits from a fast, immersive user experience.

“webOS is the only platform designed from the ground up to be mobile, cloud-connected and scalable,” said Meg Whitman, HP president and chief executive officer. “By contributing this innovation, HP unleashes the creativity of the open source community to advance a new generation of applications and devices.”

HP will make the underlying code of webOS available under an open source license. Developers, partners, HP engineers and other hardware manufacturers can deliver ongoing enhancements and new versions into the marketplace.

HP will engage the open source community to help define the charter of the open source project under a set of operating principles:
    • The goal of the project is to accelerate the open development of the webOS platform
    • HP will be an active participant and investor in the project
    • Good, transparent and inclusive governance to avoid fragmentation
    • Software will be provided as a pure open source project
    HP also will contribute ENYO, the application framework for webOS, to the community in the near future along with a plan for the remaining components of the user space.

Beginning today, developers and customers are invited to provide input and suggestions here.

btarunr, Mar 20, 2021
Thema:

Best free and open source software available for Windows 10!

1. Best free and open source software available for Windows 10! - Similar Threads - Best free open

2. best free photogrammetry scanning software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    best free photogrammetry scanning software: best free photogrammetry scanning software https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/best-free-photogrammetry-scanning-software/2281bd97-558f-42df-85ca-8cea9578ddce
  3. best free photogrammetry scanning software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    best free photogrammetry scanning software: best free photogrammetry scanning software https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/best-free-photogrammetry-scanning-software/2281bd97-558f-42df-85ca-8cea9578ddce
  4. Best free video rotating software?

Best free video rotating software?: I am looking for something that will rotate videos that are about 10 minutes in length without having to register or pay for anything.
  5. [ASK] What are the best open source alternative to c cleaner software?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [ASK] What are the best open source alternative to c cleaner software?: I need a fully free and best service against c cleaner software for windows 10. Thanks in advance. submitted by /u/sfksuperman [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mlwhdx/ask_what_are_the_best_open_source_alternative_to/
  6. Best Free Beat Making Software for Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Best Free Beat Making Software for Windows: Beat Making Software – If you’re enthusiastic about music and wish to turn into a fantastic Music composer, but do not have sufficient skills or source to satisfy your fantasy, then you could always take the assistance of some superb Beat Making Software. Using All these...
  7. Visual studio community is free , open source or paid software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Visual studio community is free , open source or paid software: i downloaded visual studio community as i can't find separate applications for c,cpp and visual studio . i am a computer student. i downloaded it because i thought it was free, open source. [ATTACH] But in visual studio community, this shows like this : [ATTACH] This...
  8. Best free (preferably open source) type 1 hypervisor

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Best free (preferably open source) type 1 hypervisor: I'm planning to repurpose my old PC (AMD Athlon FX-8350, 32 GB of RAM, Geforce GTX 770) as a server. For the fileserver part my intention is to use FreeNAS. But since the machine would be fairly overpowered for that use case I thought of using a type 1 hypervisor which would...
  9. Best free video rotating software?

Best free video rotating software?: I am looking for something that will rotate videos that are about 10 minutes in length without having to register or pay for anything.
  10. Best FREE MP4 to DVD Software?

Best FREE MP4 to DVD Software?: I saw that there were several packages that I have always used, like CDBurnerXP and ImgBurn. However, these will not work with MP4 files. So, is there any good FREE software out there I should get? I ask as I only use this once or twice a year at the most. Thank you all. OH,...