Windows 10: Best Free AV for Old PC?

Discus and support Best Free AV for Old PC? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have an older Windows 7 desktop that I need a free Antivirus for, one that's light on system resources preferably. I tried MBAM and it uses up quite... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Computernerd2003, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Best Free AV for Old PC?

I have an older Windows 7 desktop that I need a free Antivirus for, one that's light on system resources preferably. I tried MBAM and it uses up quite a bit of CPU, my old PC would run loud when I had MBAM on it. I need something lightweight and completely 100% free.

Computernerd2003, Feb 25, 2019
  2. Shilohbob Win User

deleting old AV from my PC.

Name of 'old' AV is: ??????

Shilohbob, Feb 25, 2019
  3. MikeC62 Win User
    deleting old AV from my PC.

I am running W10 and recently changed AV provider. I uninstalled the old AV but have noticed a folder in program / common folder relating to the old AV provider and cant delete it as it says I need administrator permission - I am the administrator. Its
    not causing any problems but will be taking up some space so I just want it gone, how do I delete it?

MikeC62, Feb 25, 2019
  4. Best Free AV for Old PC?

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Feb 25, 2019
Thema:

Best Free AV for Old PC?

1. Best Free AV for Old PC? - Similar Threads - Best Free Old

2. Best Free Steam Games for Windows PC

in Windows 10 News
    Best Free Steam Games for Windows PC: [ATTACH]If you are a gamer, I am pretty sure that you are not oblivious to the Steam platform. It is a wonderland for gamers as it stores a lot of great games. However, a general perception is that Steam all the games on Steam are paid, which is far from the truth, there are...
  3. Free AV Reviews

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Free AV Reviews: Below is a lengthy, but informative article from ZDNet which reviews free AV software. May be of interest to those who prefer. WD fully meets my needs and I don't keep up with other AV's. But I have never heard of Sophos or Kaspersky Security Cloud. Best free PC antivirus...
  4. Best free virensuche app pc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Best free virensuche app pc?: Which are there Beste gratis virensuche app pc?
  5. What is the best PC & Mac Antivirus for free

What is the best PC & Mac Antivirus for free: 123456 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/what-is-the-best-pc-mac-antivirus-for-free/7405a212-3059-49f2-adf8-5a18a9a7c34c
  6. Best free games for old PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Best free games for old PC: Hi. I have an old pc with an Intel Core 2 Duo 1.83GHz, 3GB RAM and Intel GMA 950 graphics; and a laptop with Intel Atom Z3736F, 2GB RAM and Intel HD 400 I have a problem with Steam games on my PC (textures arn't loading) so I can't use it. I need free games that will run on...
  7. Less intrusive "Free" AV

Less intrusive "Free" AV: Hello. I may be looking for an alternative AV to WD in the near future. Which free one do you think is av with less bloatware and less intrusive to the system? I know some of them include some not-so-good toolbars and some of them may even spy on you or, at least,...
  8. What is the best free AV software, Bitdefender or Avast?

What is the best free AV software, Bitdefender or Avast?: I have a tight budget right now but need a dependable AV for my computer with Win 10. I've heard good things about Avast but dislike the popups and I also like Bitdefender but need advice on this issue. Thanks in advance! 105163
  9. Bitdefender Free AV

Bitdefender Free AV: I like to try out things I have not used before so today I have installed Bitdefender AV and I like what I see up to now, I may be tempted to buy it *Smile [img] [img] 77320
  10. Best OS for really old PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Best OS for really old PC: Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 NVIDIA GeForce 9400GT 3GB RAM will be upgrading to 4GB but I'm not sure when ( Mobo only supports up to 4GB :/ ) NO OVERHAUL UPGRADE SUGGESTIONS PLEASE 32-bit or 64-bit? 36622