Windows 10: Best free/paid for data recovery software?

Discus and support Best free/paid for data recovery software? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello everyone. How's everyone on my favourite forum? This is probably a pretty straightforward question for you clever guys and gals on here, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ValiantSaint, May 7, 2017.

1. Best free/paid for data recovery software?

Hello everyone. How's everyone on my favourite forum?

This is probably a pretty straightforward question for you clever guys and gals on here, but one that's perplexed for a while..

I have in the past, when losing data, just shrugged my shoulders and put up with it. I was wondering if there an easy to use data recovery program that's worth buying/trying? One that works with Mac as well, would be nice (I've lost some data on my mother-in-law's Mac I need to get back!)

Many thanks in advance ;-)

:)

ValiantSaint, May 7, 2017
  2. J W Stuart, May 7, 2017
  3. Recover deleted files that I accidentally deleted.

As said by others, Recuva is the best tool to find the files. If you want to go for the Paid alternatives, you can try Stellar Data Recovery.

Sumit Dhiman2, May 7, 2017
  4. EdTittel Win User

Best free/paid for data recovery software?

Around the forums, Minitool Data Recovery has the best reputation and garners the most recommendations from members and users. It just saved my data drive last week, after I'd "accidentally" re-partitioned it while conducting an experiment. The software was able to recover more than 95% of the files from that drive, even after I'd reformatted it and re-partitioned it. You can get a free version of this tool, but it's not worth a whole lot because it only recovers up to 1 GB of data. If you have more than that to recover -- as I did on my data drive -- you'll need to pony up the $69 a full version costs. From recent personal experience I can say: "It's worth it!"
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, May 7, 2017
  5. Thanks Ed. Is the Minitool software easy to use and intuitive? Does it serve Macs, as well?

6. LMiller7 Win User
    The best way to deal with data loss is to restore the files from your backups. Data recovery software should be considered an emergency measure when you don't have a recent backup.

All files of any importance should have at least 1 backup copy, 2 or more backup copies if the files are of particular importance. Having no backups is asking for trouble. Unfortunately many people do not learn this until it is too late.

There are all kinds of situations where even the best recovery software will not work well, and in some cases not at all. Professional data recovery is very expensive and even that cannot be relied on.

LMiller7, May 7, 2017
  7. That's indeed true LMiller. Just wondering if there's a reasonably effective way of recovering data at home, if you're an unprepared idiot like myself! ;-)

8. Best free/paid for data recovery software?

Thanks, James. Have you used the software? Your post almost seemed like an advert for the program! You must like it......

ValiantSaint, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Best free/paid for data recovery software?

1. Best free/paid for data recovery software? - Similar Threads - Best free paid

2. Best data recovery software for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Best data recovery software for Windows 11: Hi.I need to know what is the best data recovery software for windows 11. Here is the summary:It's my work computer, I went on leave and a colleague wanted to use my laptop. It's an HP Probook G7, I had locked it with a fingerprint lock. So desperate, he refreshed the...
  3. Best data recovery software for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Best data recovery software for Windows 11: Hi.I need to know what is the best data recovery software for windows 11. Here is the summary:It's my work computer, I went on leave and a colleague wanted to use my laptop. It's an HP Probook G7, I had locked it with a fingerprint lock. So desperate, he refreshed the...
  4. What's Best Data Recovery Software for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What's Best Data Recovery Software for Windows 10?: I recently encountered an issue with my Windows 10 computer where I lost some important data due to a system error, and I am now searching for a reliable and best data recovery software for Windows 10. However, I am not sure which one to choose asthere are so many options...
  5. What's Best Data Recovery Software for Windows 10?

What's Best Data Recovery Software for Windows 10?: I recently encountered an issue with my Windows 10 computer where I lost some important data due to a system error, and I am now searching for a reliable and best data recovery software for Windows 10. However, I am not sure which one to choose asthere are so many options...
  6. What's Best Data Recovery Software for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. What is the best free hard drive recovery software

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is the best free hard drive recovery software: What is the best free hard drive recovery software that can recover permanently deleted files. And will the recovery process hurt the hard drive in any way?...
  8. View Poll Results: What non-Microsoft, free or paid, backup software is best?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    View Poll Results: What non-Microsoft, free or paid, backup software is best?: Hi all, have a new workstation that needs safe backups. What is your most trusted, and favorite, non-Microsoft software? Thank you, Jim 128625
  9. Best free video rotating software?

Best free video rotating software?: I am looking for something that will rotate videos that are about 10 minutes in length without having to register or pay for anything.
  10. Best FREE MP4 to DVD Software?

Best FREE MP4 to DVD Software?: I saw that there were several packages that I have always used, like CDBurnerXP and ImgBurn. However, these will not work with MP4 files. So, is there any good FREE software out there I should get? I ask as I only use this once or twice a year at the most. Thank you all. OH,...