Windows 10: Best free tool to identify outdated drivers - will download manually

Discus and support Best free tool to identify outdated drivers - will download manually in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Which driver manager free trial does the best job of identifying all the out-of-date drivers in my Win 10 Pro 64 system? I'm OK with doing manual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by x509, Mar 2, 2019.

1. x509 Win User

Best free tool to identify outdated drivers - will download manually

Which driver manager free trial does the best job of identifying all the out-of-date drivers in my Win 10 Pro 64 system? I'm OK with doing manual downloads and installs, but I need to to know which drivers to work on.

I'm getting BSODs now every 2-3 days *Mad , and I've already run sfc and dism. My system is up to date with MS updates.

So far I've tried three driver manager free trials, but comparing results, but I get very different numbers of outdated drivers, and some drivers are OK with one driver manager, but not with another. *Confused

Someone in this forum recommended Snappy Driver Installer, which looks nice, but most of the driver downloads resulted in error messages, and nothing actually got installed.

:)

x509, Mar 2, 2019

2. windows 10 mcpc drivers outdated

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you download latest drivers from Manufacturer's Website.

Follow the steps to update the drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Device Manager.
    • Expand respective driver. (The driver which was stated to be outdated.)
    • Right-click on the driver and
      select Uninstall.
    • Now, go to the Manufacturer's Website and download the latest driver.
    • Once the download is complete, run the setup file and install the software.
    • Follow on-screen instructions.
    • Restart the computer and check
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Mar 2, 2019
  3. Windows Update download and installs outdated driver

• My AMD Radeon R5 M355 graphics driver is outdated a bit and I want it to get updated. I go the official webpage to download the display driver that is more updated compared to the one that was installed. I download Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU)
      to remove the older graphics driver then running the uninstaller in safe mode then eventually go through the process of installing the new one successfully. However when I install the new one, Windows Update keeps downloading and installing a more outdated
      version of it. Why would windows do this? How could I stop it?

• Old AMD Radeon R5 M355 (Windows Automatically installed)

Best free tool to identify outdated drivers - will download manually d3284ba2-d8e6-464c-a11f-65aedc5aa18d.png

• More updated version of AMD Radeon R5 M355 (Installed Manually)

Best free tool to identify outdated drivers - will download manually f66fd722-82a4-46e8-a055-f48d376d509a.png

• The one that windows update installed on its own doesn’t even function property. When I try to access the AMD Radeon Setting I get a pop up saying “No AMD graphics driver is installed or the AMD driver is not functioning properly. Please install the
      AMD driver appropriate for your AMD hardware.”

Best free tool to identify outdated drivers - will download manually 995ca1c1-70d1-46fa-9da9-ecf07b0ac0d5.png

·

• After manually downloading and installing the functioning driver again and going through the process of uninstalling the nonfunctional driver, I have been trying to avoid using windows update.

Best free tool to identify outdated drivers - will download manually 06cbd976-4713-4211-9538-bdc57708530b.png

Dragons952, Mar 2, 2019
  4. Best free tool to identify outdated drivers - will download manually

Canon PowerShot Camera Driver will not download

Hi,

There are some security settings on your browser that might cause to a failed download. For us to identify the root cause of this issue, we would like to know these questions:

• Which browser are you using to download the driver from Canon's support website?
    • Have you encountered any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you get the downloaded driver from your other laptop and save it to a USB flash drive. After that, plug in the USB flash drive to your laptop that's having an issue. Then, try to install the driver to your laptop.

Let us know your response.

Janeane Cru, Mar 2, 2019
Thema:

Best free tool to identify outdated drivers - will download manually

1. Best free tool to identify outdated drivers - will download manually - Similar Threads - Best free tool

2. Outdated drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outdated drivers: My Norton software keeps telling me I have drivers out of date and want to charge me to update them! Can I do this for free? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outdated-drivers/586d67ca-5e0b-4416-ab97-b70a66724f38
  3. Outdated drivers

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Outdated drivers: My Norton software keeps telling me I have drivers out of date and want to charge me to update them! Can I do this for free? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outdated-drivers/586d67ca-5e0b-4416-ab97-b70a66724f38
  4. Motherboard manual downloads going the way of free driver downloads

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Motherboard manual downloads going the way of free driver downloads: It used to be easy to search for and download older motherboard manuals, now it seems to be a miasma of clickbait and potential malware, just like the search for genuine device drivers became in the past. Does anyone have any good ideas to get around the bad guys? I am...
  5. Best Driver identifier tool and question about winpe

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Best Driver identifier tool and question about winpe: Stay Safe -- Take Care I wish immediate safety & well being of all members there families and community in large. I want to know whether WinPE also needs a separate license or its free. I came across windows 10 pro Workstation (pro Plus ) Edition which has far more features...
  6. outdated drivers

outdated drivers: I own a USB foot pedal by pedalpax corp, not available anymore for 15 years that I use for capturing images through an old pc for medical purposes. Recently, i upgraded my hardware to Windows 10 and the device is no longer recognizable due to outdated drivers. New ones are no...
  7. Locate and manually download a driver

Locate and manually download a driver: Windows 10 updated I have an HP Pocket Media Drive that will not connect to one of my Windows 10 computers. I have a thread about this, where I was told there were no drivers for it. By serendipity, I had the drive connected to another Windows 10 computer, and Windows...
  8. Outdated Drivers

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Outdated Drivers: I continually get pop-ups that my Drivers are out of date. Can I purchase updated Drivers from you? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outdated-drivers/99a207a9-4ebc-468b-b5d4-e70387817cf8
  9. Drivers outdated or not?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Drivers outdated or not?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/pawan_np [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ewjlux/drivers_outdated_or_not/
  10. Best way to identify bad driver?

Best way to identify bad driver?: I'm getting BSODs with different causes, but the common element seems to be "bad driver." Is that a stock answer for all BSODs? Assuming that there is a bad driver, what's the best tools or methods to discover that? I'm having this issue on only one of my Windows 10 Pro...