Windows 10: Best free way to see who is using bandwidth on my internet?

Discus and support Best free way to see who is using bandwidth on my internet? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a weird situation. I have a new copy of windows 10. Whenever I use it, the next day - even if I only use the internet sparingly, my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by netrate, Dec 27, 2020.

1. netrate Win User

Best free way to see who is using bandwidth on my internet?

I have a weird situation. I have a new copy of windows 10. Whenever I use it, the next day - even if I only use the internet sparingly, my download/uploads are 3gig (this is info from the internet provider). I don't know if win 10 is downloading things in the background or what. I have tried to use Glasswire and it does not have the same amount as my ISP.

If I use my win 7 instead (separate drive), my downloads correspond exactly to what glasswire says - but when I boot to win 10, I get the discrepancy.

Ran :
    1) Malware bytes
    2) Spybot
    3) Super Anti-spyware

All three came up with nothing out of the ordinary. I am going to change my router password next if this continues.

Any suggestions?

:)

netrate, Dec 27, 2020
  2. Shnurui Win User

Windows 10 Store app hogs all internet bandwidth, any way to limit bandwidth specifically for it?

You miss understood the question.

We don't want to turn the water off, we just want to put a kink in the hose.

We want the download to continue but we also want to use our internet for other things, AT THE SAME TIME. thanks.

A Bandwidth Control method was asked for, not a shutoff.

Shnurui, Dec 27, 2020
  3. Microsoft Minesweeper consuming excess internet bandwidth

Hi,

To resolve your concern, we suggest that you reset your apps to restart or reset the network bandwidth that they consume per app.

Here's how:

• Press Windows + R on the keyboard.
    • Type msconfig, and then click OK.
    • On the General tab, click the Normal Startup, and then click OK.
    • When you are prompted to restart the computer, click Restart.

If the issue persist, we suggest that you contact your Internet Service Provider for additional bandwidth on your network.

If you have comments and suggestions, you can have them posted on our
    Feedback Hub

Let us know how it goes.

Loraine Mon, Dec 27, 2020
  4. Best free way to see who is using bandwidth on my internet?

Windows 10 Store app hogs all internet bandwidth, any way to limit bandwidth specifically for it?

Try the steps below:

• Type Local services in search windows on task bar. Open Services window.
    • Search for "Peer Name Resolution Protocol".
    • Double click "Peer Name Resolution Protocol". On the "General Tab" select startup type"Disabled". Apply and close.
    • Continue the same process with "Peer Networking Grouping" and "Peer Networking Identity Manager" and disable it.
    • You can also disable "Windows Update" in same window.
    I had the same issue but after trying that my bandwidth usage dropped dramatically.

GregSheridan, Dec 27, 2020
Thema:

Best free way to see who is using bandwidth on my internet?

1. Best free way to see who is using bandwidth on my internet? - Similar Threads - Best free using

2. how do i see who is using my wifi?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do i see who is using my wifi?: how do i see who is using my wifi? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-see-who-is-using-my-wifi/a60ed6fd-f9b3-4770-aede-0f194761d73a
  3. Best way to test internet connection speeds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Best way to test internet connection speeds: Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for the most reliable way to test my internet connection. I normally use speedtest.net but i discovered I get completely different results depending on what browser i use. My speeds will show up as 200mbps or 600-700mbps for up or...
  4. Over use of internet bandwidth.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Over use of internet bandwidth.: My windows 10 PC has started using a lot of upload internet bandwidth. Is this being caused by backup having been turned on in a recent update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/over-use-of-internet-bandwidth/95898d15-64c6-48cd-a227-99aae2a7df33
  5. Internet bandwidth issue

Internet bandwidth issue: Hi I have a problem with Internet band width. When i start downloading a file by a download manager program (Internet Download Accelerator), the other programs such web browser, windows update and every thing can not access Internet seems the download manager consume all of...
  6. something using my bandwidth

in Windows 10 Support
    something using my bandwidth: I am using Virgin Mobile for wireless internet and a HP laptop. I am on a capped plan and know how to disable windows updates and I do that. I get them when I go to the library and us their wifi. But something is still often using my precious bandwith and I can't seem to find...
  7. who is using my internet

who is using my internet: how can I see who is using my internet connection , so I can monitor my childrens use https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/who-is-using-my-internet/d30982e2-d5bc-4b12-b6e3-e71f8b6b4816
  8. Best free internet connection monitor

in Browsers and Email
    Best free internet connection monitor: I'm having random problems with the internet connection, slowing down and failure of signal to my router. The phone line voltage is ok, I have measured it at the incoming box. I have moved the router to a better location and hope it will be more reliable and changed the...
  9. Who owns this - an easy way to see who owns a file or folder.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Who owns this - an easy way to see who owns a file or folder.: [img] Information dir /q in a Command Prompt window will show you who the owner of a file or folder is. The following is my way of automating this so I can use it easily as often as I want. Add Who owns this to the Windows Explorer/File Explore/This PC right click...
  10. How do I check to see if someone is using my bandwidth?

How do I check to see if someone is using my bandwidth?: Every night around 11 P.M. the internet connection speed is either drastically reduced or web pages won't even load. I am supposed to have a 15Mbps and at these times it drops down to 5 or none at all. The service provider has come out and changed the modem and all the...