Windows 10: Best GPU for HDR 4K Content **I am NOT a gamer**

Discus and support Best GPU for HDR 4K Content **I am NOT a gamer** in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Good evening to all who view this post. I want to purchase a new PC (not a laptop, not a media server, but a PC) with a GPU that can display the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by BrucenotBrice, Mar 6, 2021.

1. Best GPU for HDR 4K Content **I am NOT a gamer**

Good evening to all who view this post.
    I want to purchase a new PC (not a laptop, not a media server, but a PC) with a GPU that can display the highest quality 4K content (preferably @60fps) AND HDR where available to my high end 55" 4K UHD HDR Smart TV. Like I said, I am definitely NOT a gamer. The PC will be used for streaming content from Netflix, Amazon Prime, Youtube, etc. Perhaps some light video editing, but not a top priority. Although my aforementioned Smart TV has the above named streaming services apps already installed, these apps are very limited in their capabilities, when compared with viewing their content via a PC. As far as the CPU is concerned, Intel i5 or above (at least 8th generation where available). I do not really want to even consider the Intel UHD630, but a better Intel GPU would be fine, as well as AMD, Invidea, etc. As far as any other hardware components, like storage, RAM, etc, these are secondary considerations.
    I'm not even looking for a specific PC model #, but instead advice on which GPUs to consider for my needs.
    Sorry for what may seem like rambling, but I can't seem to get any straight, direct answers.
    Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

BrucenotBrice, Mar 6, 2021
  2. ROBERT530 Win User

how do i get 4k uhd hdr to work in windows 10 ver 1803 windows will not recognize 4k uhd hdr 2160p monitors or 4k uhd hdr nvidia geforce gpu

how do i get 4k uhd hdr to work in windows 10 ver 1803 windows will not recognize 4k uhd hdr 2160p monitors or 4k uhd hdr nvidia geforce gpu

according to the internet windows 10 is suppose to feature uhd hdr in 4k.. windows has never been able to project a desktop display equal to 4k uhd

i have all these COOL TOYS but have NO IDEA how to WORK it ??..

i have a 82" samsung 4k uhd hdr 2160P TV as a computer monitor/ tv / gaming in 4k.. cannot get windows 10 pro ver 1803 to play view gaming movies

stream in 4k. i can watch 4k music videos 4k movies in hdr . i seem to be very UN knowledgeable about how to get all these COOL TOYS to work

like being able to project 4k uhd hdr on a windows desktop. any GEEKS who want to share insider knowledge on how to do this.

samsung 82" samsung 4k uhd hdr 2160P TV

intel I7-7820X

GIGABYTE X299 UD4 REV 1.0 BIOS F4

NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX1080TI 8GB

CREATIVE SOUNDBLASTER ZX

CORSAIR VENGENANCE 32GB RGB 2133 DDR4

WESTERN DIGITAL 1TB 7200RPM

WESTERN DIGITAL 4TB

WESTERN DIGITAL 8TB

WESTERN DIGITAL 8TB

WESTERN DIGITAL 8TB

ROBERT530, Mar 6, 2021
  3. Zafatta Win User
    Windows wont display 4k and HDR simultaneously.

I recently got a 4k HDR tv (Samsung UE43NU7100). I connect my PC with a normal HD monitor and the 4k HDR tv. When turning on HDR on my tv the resolution of the 4k tv (3840x2160) gets set back to normal HD (1920x1080) in windows settings. Windows is completely
    updated, my AMD Radeon R9 390 8gb graphics card is up to date and supports and displays in 4k when HDR is off. My Xbox one X displays both 4k and HDR perfectly simultaneously. I use a high speed HDMI 2.0 cable. I have no idea why my pc does this and cant find
    anything about windows not being able to do 4k and HDR at the same time. It also doesn't work if I only connect the tv instead of the monitor and tv. Any suggestion?

Zafatta, Mar 6, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Best GPU for HDR 4K Content **I am NOT a gamer**

Xbox Store is getting 4K HDR content

Brink, Mar 6, 2021
Thema:

Best GPU for HDR 4K Content **I am NOT a gamer**

1. Best GPU for HDR 4K Content **I am NOT a gamer** - Similar Threads - Best GPU HDR

2. [HDR]Turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [HDR]Turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video: I turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video, I found that the video image was overexposed. After suspending the video, it could be restored to normal. May I ask why this phenomenon occurs and is it normal?...
  3. [HDR]Turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [HDR]Turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video: I turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video, I found that the video image was overexposed. After suspending the video, it could be restored to normal. May I ask why this phenomenon occurs and is it normal?...
  4. 4k montior with hdr

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    4k montior with hdr: I'm looking at getting a 4k montior, possibly with hdr. When I read about hdr it always talks about brightness and how that plays a critical role. My question is if I don't typically have it too bright does that limit what hdr will do for me? The main reason for it is to play...
  5. Video Card/HDR/4K Questions

Video Card/HDR/4K Questions: At some point I'm probably going to want to get a 2K or 4K monitor, preferably with some version of HDR. I talked on the phone today with 2 EVGA people about HDR and got somewhat-different answers. The question is: Does HDR have to be designed and built into a video card or...
  6. 4k montior with hdr

4k montior with hdr: I'm looking at getting a 4k montior, possibly with hdr. When I read about hdr it always talks about brightness and how that plays a critical role. My question is if I don't typically have it too bright does that limit what hdr will do for me? The main reason for it is to play...
  7. How to best watch HDR content on a sdr monitor (or fake HDR)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to best watch HDR content on a sdr monitor (or fake HDR): nowadays most 4k releases are easier to get in HDR but my monitor is SDR with a fake HDR mode, I can activate it in windows if that helps, but is there any video player that can handle it good? (it has tone mapping) submitted by /u/Lower_Fan [link] [comments]...
  8. about playing hdr content

in Windows 10 Customization
    about playing hdr content: on windows hd colour setting. my display capablities is showing stream hdr videos -yes use hdr-no use wcg-no what is the difference between stream hdr and use hdr? why my display capablities is showing no sign for use hdr and use wcg...
  9. HDR content in Window 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    HDR content in Window 10: So I have been trying to fix the HDR content on my laptop Lenovo X1 Extreme Gen 2, 4K OLED because the colours are too saturated beyond what normal saturation of colours should look like. I even had the entire screen replaced and still no fix. Upon inspecting the Windows...
  10. hdr and gpu usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    hdr and gpu usage: When I put hdr on in windows setting, my gpu usage and temp goes up while im not using any programs.When I use msi afterburner I see it goes to max clock speeds when only using the mouse. As soon as I put hdr off it goes back to normal. Tried different/clean driver and the...