Windows 10: Best hard drive health software?

Discus and support Best hard drive health software? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Is Hard Disk Sentinel the best overall? I have an SSD which had a lot of corrupt files, and I'm not sure if there's an underlying issue with this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by lbeachmike, Mar 11, 2021.

1. Best hard drive health software?

Is Hard Disk Sentinel the best overall?

I have an SSD which had a lot of corrupt files, and I'm not sure if there's an underlying issue with this brand new Samsung QVO 870 SSD or if the file corruption was a consequence of something else.

I downloaded Hard Disk Sentinel, and it tells me everything is healthy. But I can't run any of the deeper testing (surface test, etc) without purchasing.

Want to know if that's the way to go ...

Thanks!

:)

lbeachmike, Mar 11, 2021

2. Lost data from hard drive, what to do now?

Well, I'm sorry to hear that it's a WD My Passport that failed on you, @tomhenry ! *Frown Best hard drive health software? :(
    I'd recommend you to try using a different USB cable with it and see if that will help your system to detect it without it disconnecting.
    I'd also suggest you to go to Disk Management and see how the drive is listed there. It won't hurt to check up on the health and SMART status of the HDD by running the QUICK and EXTENDED tests from the WD's Data LifeGuard Diagnostics. Here's a link to the available software: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=11ZOpD

Give these troubleshooting steps a try and keep us posted with the results!
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Mar 11, 2021
  3. The N Win User
    Seagate 1TB Hard Drive Showing only 11% HEALTH Best hard drive health software? :(

hey guys,

i just bought Seagate 1TB hard drive from a Friend few days back. it was working fine. the next day i transfer all of my data from other drives to this new 1TB hdd. today i just saw the hd tune and Hark disk Sentinel both showing low health.

as far as speed and noise is concern its absolutely perfect on these. getting 140+ avg speed and zero noise level.

here is the health screenshot

Best hard drive health software? VAEOKIZ.png

One thing i also might add, i am facing CRC error frequently, have to Force start during checking phase, while torrent downloading into this Hard drive.

Can it be a Software bug??
    i need your suggestions and help. please tell me what to do.

The N, Mar 11, 2021
  4. Best hard drive health software?

Hard drive

What you are really looking for are health warnings. HD Tune will summarize the health of the hard drive. Try other functions of HD Tune until you see a list of hard drive characteristics with checkmarks or warnings on the right.

Cbarnhorst, Mar 11, 2021
Thema:

Best hard drive health software?

1. Best hard drive health software? - Similar Threads - Best hard drive

2. What is the best free hard drive recovery software

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is the best free hard drive recovery software: What is the best free hard drive recovery software that can recover permanently deleted files. And will the recovery process hurt the hard drive in any way?...
  3. Best hard drive health software?

in Windows 10 Support
    Best hard drive health software?: Is Hard Disk Sentinel the best overall? I have an SSD which had a lot of corrupt files, and I'm not sure if there's an underlying issue with this brand new Samsung QVO 870 SSD or if the file corruption was a consequence of something else. I downloaded Hard Disk Sentinel,...
  4. Best Way To Copy Hard Drives on Win10

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Best Way To Copy Hard Drives on Win10: I have Win10 and a 2 Terabyte external drive. I want to hang small old drives off the machine and copy their contents (200G, 100G, stuff like that) to that 2 Tera drive so's I can then wipe them and perhaps use them for other purposes. Windows copy seems uncertain. I...
  5. Image or clone the hard drive? Best option?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Image or clone the hard drive? Best option?: Would appreciate your help! *Confused Have a Toshiba Satellite L655 laptop (one morning the laptop with Windows 7 upgraded itself to Windows 10). Would like to use Macrium Reflect Free to create an image of its hard drive. Have no clue whether I need an image or whether I...
  6. Hard Drive Health Status (Caution)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard Drive Health Status (Caution): Hello! I ran CrystalDiskInfo and found out that its health status is caution. now, do you think that the bad sectors can be repaired? if yes, how? if no, how can I set CrystalDiskInfo to alert me when the situation is worse? thanks in advance. 90576
  7. Hard Drive Health & SMART Monitoring Utility

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hard Drive Health & SMART Monitoring Utility: I've used HDDGuardian for years on Windows 7 with no problems. Since upgrading to Windows 10, I've noticed that the process exits itself after a certain period of time (when the screen saver comes on, or when the computer goes to sleep). In typical fashion (not exclusive to...
  8. Software to Clean Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Software to Clean Hard Drive: Good morning, I would like to thank everyone for all of the help I have received with my problem. However, I could not get the hard drive cleaned. Is there a software that TECHS use to clean the hard drive? I willing to buy it today. 101333
  9. Hard Drive Image Software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hard Drive Image Software: Being the Belt & Suspenders type of guy, I thought I would burn an image of my "C" Drive before I plunge into this upgrade. Can anyone recommend a good Image Burner Software that won't cost a fortune ? Does anything exist in Windows 8.1 that I might use ? Thanks,...
  10. What is the Best Hard Drive?

in Windows 10 News
    What is the Best Hard Drive?: It was one year ago that I first blogged about the failure rates of specific models of hard drives, so now is a good time for an update. At Backblaze, as of December 31, 2014, we had 41,213 disk drives spinning in our data center, storing all of the data for our unlimited...