Windows 10: Best/ Idiot Proof Way To + Unallocated Space Not Next 2 Pri. Partition

Discus and support Best/ Idiot Proof Way To + Unallocated Space Not Next 2 Pri. Partition in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Best/ Idiot Proof Way To Add Unallocated Space Not Next 2 Primary Partition So I imaged my C Drive (Disk 0 in the picture 238GB) which included the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by phaedruspress, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Best/ Idiot Proof Way To + Unallocated Space Not Next 2 Pri. Partition

Best/ Idiot Proof Way To Add Unallocated Space Not Next 2 Primary Partition

So I imaged my C Drive (Disk 0 in the picture 238GB) which included the Recovery Partition. Afterwards I removed the 2nd HDD platter and replaced it with a 2.5" SSD and booted up and formatted the 2.5" SSD (disk 1 in the picture). I then fired up the backup software and wrote the image back on to the new 2.5" SSD. Both drives now have the identical data and both booted up fine. I just thought it would write back and take into account the extra space. As you can see from the picture Disk 1 does not have the unallocated space next to the primary partition so my understanding is I can not just extend the primary partition and absorb the unallocated space since they are not adjacent to one another. I did not try just to be clear. A quick GOOGLE search seemed to indicate that EaseUS or AOMEI should help with extending the primary partition of Disk 1 and I believe both programs have either a free version or a trial.

https://www.disk-partition.com/windo...s-10-0528.html

https://www.easeus.com/partition-mas...indows-10.html

If anyone could shed some light on the situation as to what is the best and idiot proof next step going forward I would be grateful. Thank you.

Best/ Idiot Proof Way To + Unallocated Space Not Next 2 Pri. Partition [​IMG]

:)

phaedruspress, Oct 7, 2018

2. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Oct 7, 2018
  3. RejZoR Win User
    Partition space

You're not understanding this. Unallocated space is NOT equal as (partitioned) empty space.

Unallocated space means empty RAW sectors on HDD. Empty space means an already allocated file system (either FAT32 or NTFS or any other) that is not occupied by any data.

So in your case, as DanTheBanjoman already suggested, don't try to shrink "unallocated space", extend the main (C*Smile Best/ Idiot Proof Way To + Unallocated Space Not Next 2 Pri. Partition :) partition instead. You can't shrink something that doesn't exist (unallocated space), but you can extend the existing partition over unallocated space.
    So, just select the C: partition and extend it further. Program should automatically allow you to do that. I'm not using Partition Magic, but i usually done this with either:
    http://www.snapfiles.com/get/pwizhome.html (also for 64bit OS!)

or

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/easeuspartitionman.html (only for 32bit OS!)

RejZoR, Oct 7, 2018
  4. Ruz San Win User

Best/ Idiot Proof Way To + Unallocated Space Not Next 2 Pri. Partition

Unallocated Space to C Drive

Hi Travis,

It appears that a disk partition was created but was never assigned its allocation. Assuming there are no files stored in the unallocated partition, perform these steps to combine it with your C: drive:

• In Disk Management, right-click on (CBest/ Idiot Proof Way To + Unallocated Space Not Next 2 Pri. Partition :) which appears next to the
      Unallocated partition.
    • Select Extend.

Let us know if you're able to combine the spaces after following the steps above.

Regards.

Ruz San, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

Best/ Idiot Proof Way To + Unallocated Space Not Next 2 Pri. Partition

1. Best/ Idiot Proof Way To + Unallocated Space Not Next 2 Pri. Partition - Similar Threads - Best Idiot Proof

2. Unallocated space to the left of boot partition-

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unallocated space to the left of boot partition-: I did a clean install of Windows 11 from USB media creation tool and I've made a mess of C: SSD. I watched videos of how to do this, unfortunately the ones I watched failed to show what to do when one got to the partitions part of the install. Several said to delete all...
  3. Unallocated space to the left of boot partition-

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unallocated space to the left of boot partition-: I did a clean install of Windows 11 from USB media creation tool and I've made a mess of C: SSD. I watched videos of how to do this, unfortunately the ones I watched failed to show what to do when one got to the partitions part of the install. Several said to delete all...
  4. Extend partition that is next to unallocated space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Extend partition that is next to unallocated space: So I have a 250 GB D: drive 50 GB E: drive and I want to extend the E: drive. Problem is when I shrink the D: drive I cannot extend the E: drive since it comes after the unallocated space. The only way I see this possible is to make a partition F: copy all data from E: to F:...
  5. Idiot proofing Windows media creation tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Idiot proofing Windows media creation tool: Hi, When making a Windows 10 installer USB I've completely overwritten my secondary SSD with 480 gb of school, work and personal stuf. Nowhere in the creating of the USB ISO is there any mention about the possibility of it overwriting a HDD or SSD!!! The only word used...
  6. Disk Partition Unallocated Space

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk Partition Unallocated Space: [ATTACH]Hi team, I recently tried installing windows 7 and during installation, I got the message that Windows can't get installed on the selected disk due to MBR style. I converted the MBR style to GPT style by allocating 100Gb to selected Disk 0. Now after...
  7. Windows 10 Disk Partition Unallocated Space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Disk Partition Unallocated Space: How do I get my unallocated space to the C drive. (see attached picture) I can't expand the C partition because its grayed out. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-disk-partition-unallocated-space/0fdfabb6-2221-4dcb-a4e0-bc2a51ce8917"
  8. Best/ Idiot Proof Way To + Unallocated Space Not Next 2 Pri. Partition

Best/ Idiot Proof Way To + Unallocated Space Not Next 2 Pri. Partition: Best/ Idiot Proof Way To Add Unallocated Space Not Next 2 Primary Partition So I imaged my C Drive (Disk 0 in the picture 238GB) which included the Recovery Partition. Afterwards I removed the 2nd HDD platter and replaced it with a 2.5" SSD and booted up and formatted the...
  9. Combine Unallocated space to System Partition

Combine Unallocated space to System Partition: Greetings all, I had 2 useless partitions, one at the very beginning of my HD and the second at the very end. My setup is GPT Basic btw. I would like to know, using MiniTool Partition Wizard version 9.1, if it is possible to merge these former partitions (now...
  10. Merging Unallocated Space with Primary Partition

Merging Unallocated Space with Primary Partition: After I free upgraded from 8.1 to 10 a new partition showed up. I just deleted it and it became unallocated space. How can I merge this space with my primary partition. Both are on a 256 SSD. When I right click C: in disk management, the extend volume choice is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disk showing two sectors of unallocated spaces