Windows 10: Best Linux distributions which look like Windows

Discus and support Best Linux distributions which look like Windows in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Once you have understood the pros and cons while shifting from Windows to Linux and decided in favor of the latter, the tougher part... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Mar 13, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

Best Linux distributions which look like Windows

Best Linux distributions which look like Windows Zorin-OS-100x100.jpg
    Best Linux distributions which look like Windows Zorin-OS-150x94.jpg Once you have understood the pros and cons while shifting from Windows to Linux and decided in favor of the latter, the tougher part would be adjusting with the new environment. Thankfully, there are a few distributions of Linux which [...]

This post Best Linux distributions which look like Windows is from TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Mar 13, 2019
  2. Blearn Win User

Windows Subsystem for Linux - Installed Distributions Missing

Device type: Laptop

Model: Lenovo ThinkPad W530

Verison: 1803 Build 17134.48

After the 1803 Spring Creators Update was applied on my machine, my Ubuntu 16.04 app no longer worked. It produced the error message:

"Windows Subsystem for Linux has no installed distributions.

Distributions can be installed by visiting the Microsoft Store:

https://aka.ms/wslstore"

I learned this was because my Ubuntu 16.04 install was no longer the default distribution. Using the wslconfig program, I was able to list all distributions and see my Ubuntu install. I set it back to the default and running 'wsl' would work as expected.

However starting today, running the 'wsl' command produces the same error as before. Now there are *no* distributions when I list my installed distributions using 'wslconfig /l'. It seems like my Ubuntu install gone completely now.

1) Are there any other ways of checking if the files within my Ubuntu install are still on my device?

2) Why would a distribution silently be removed, is it an error or the result of some policy(eg. since Ubuntu 18.04 was released)?

Blearn, Mar 13, 2019
  3. distribution lists

What are the Third Party Apps you would suggest? Would they work with Outlook App on an Android?

I'm looking to set up distribution lists on my cell phone.

thinkingal, Mar 13, 2019
  4. Silverel Win User

Guide: How to enable, use, and configure SLI on Linux.

I guess the next logical step would be to report on the performance you can get with SLI in Linux. That'd be my suggestion anyway.

Silverel, Mar 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Best Linux distributions which look like Windows - Similar Threads - Best Linux distributions

2. Windows 11 + non-signed Linux distribution on separate drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 + non-signed Linux distribution on separate drives: Hello people,I have a computer with two SSDs. On the first SSDs I have Windows 11 installed, with secure boot enabled. The second SSD is currently empty, but I would like to install Gentoo Linux on that drive. Gentoo is not signed and thus will not be able to boot easily...
  3. Windows 11 + non-signed Linux distribution on separate drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 + non-signed Linux distribution on separate drives: Hello people,I have a computer with two SSDs. On the first SSDs I have Windows 11 installed, with secure boot enabled. The second SSD is currently empty, but I would like to install Gentoo Linux on that drive. Gentoo is not signed and thus will not be able to boot easily...
  4. Windows Subsystem for Linux has no installed distributions.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Subsystem for Linux has no installed distributions.: Hi everyone,I bought an Asus laptop A15 in 2022 June, and I am currently trying to run the windows subsystem for Linux on this laptop. Current OS is windows 11However, after I followed the instructions here How to install the Linux Windows Subsystem in Windows 11 - Microsoft...
  5. Windows Subsystem for Linux has no installed distributions.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Subsystem for Linux has no installed distributions.: Hi everyone,I bought an Asus laptop A15 in 2022 June, and I am currently trying to run the windows subsystem for Linux on this laptop. Current OS is windows 11However, after I followed the instructions here How to install the Linux Windows Subsystem in Windows 11 - Microsoft...
  6. Win 10 & Linux - which is best to install first on new SSD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 & Linux - which is best to install first on new SSD?: Hi folks Title of post says it all really. Trying to breathe new life into a 12 y.o. laptop (just. don't. ask. okay?) Got a brand-new Crucial MX500 SSD to this end (which I can use elsehere if needs be). Which is best to install first - Windows 10 then Linux Mint or Mint...
  7. Moving windows like on Linux

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving windows like on Linux: Blah blah, story of my life Since a year I mainly use Linux, but because my main PC is going to be taken by my sister i temporarily installed windows there so I can play some games. I never really liked windows but not having ability to quickly resize and move windows is...
  8. Which Antivirus is best for windows?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Which Antivirus is best for windows?: Hello Guys, I want to know which antivirus is best for my company Girish Metal India in windows? so can you help me to find out? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/which-antivirus-is-best-for-windows/4c296b82-0e17-4c54-b833-87db9c61140e
  9. What's the best way to make Windows 10 look like Windows 7?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What's the best way to make Windows 10 look like Windows 7?: I'm a big fan of Windows 7. So much so that I've even considered downgrading to it, just for the nostalgia. However, as much as I hate it, a few games like Forza Horizon 3 are delivered in the new app format, and as such, I'd be missing out. I also know a few basic tricks...
  10. Windows Subsystem for Linux has no installed distributions

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Subsystem for Linux has no installed distributions: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 supports the installation of a number of distros that come under Windows Subsystem for Linux. But even when these distros are installed users have reported encountering Windows Subsystem for Linux has no installed distributions error. Some of the...