Windows 10: Best long time support manufacturer for mainboards?

Discus and support Best long time support manufacturer for mainboards? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello fellow forum users. A quick question. Who do you think is the mainboard manufacturer that offers more long time support for its MBs? As IT... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by eLPuSHeR, Sep 6, 2016.

1. eLPuSHeR Win User

Best long time support manufacturer for mainboards?

Hello fellow forum users.
    A quick question. Who do you think is the mainboard manufacturer that offers more long time support for its MBs?

As IT guy I am really fed up with ending up with a not-so-old mainboard out of support or in a "no more bioses released/beta" situation (I am looking at you Gigabyte)... or downloading the latest bios and not being able to flash it for some weird reason (I am looking at you Asus).

So, could you recommend me some manufacturer(s)?. I am aiming mostly at DIY desktop PCs not laptops. I am most interested in their support.

:)

eLPuSHeR, Sep 6, 2016
  2. BulldogXX Win User

How do I find how to upgrade my graphics device for windows 10, but my desktop is old

The best you can do is to go to the website of the manufacturer of your graphics card or chip and install the manufacturer's last driver, which will not likely be supported on Windows 10.

If that driver works properly in Windows 10, enjoy it for as long as that lasts. If/when the driver no longer works properly, you'll have to replace the graphics card or chip (if that's physically possible) with a model that the manufacturer supports on
    Windows 10.

BulldogXX, Sep 6, 2016
  3. QT platform is not cross-platform, it will be failed soon in the future !!

Also expecting manufacturers to support obsolete phones eternally is totally unrealistic, there are no 3 year ols Android phones that will get ICS ?

When you change your phone , get one you're happy with, but whatever make or OS it will only get limited update support, and Nokia are one of the best for long term support for there handsets ! Good Luck

carman58---01, Sep 6, 2016
  4. fireberd Win User

I can't say "long term" but I've had Intel, Gigabyte Z77, ASUS Z77 and ASRock Z77 motherboard. The Gigabyte's (2) both developed hardware problems (device no longer working); the first one was replaced under warranty. After the second one developed problems it was replaced with an ASRock Z77 Professional Fatal1ty. I had a second desktop and it had an ASUS motherboard and it crashed. I replaced it with an ASRock Z77 board; and its still going a my daughter's in a different location.

The ASRock Z77 Professional Fatal1ty is used for my main PC and for my recording studio operations. It is 4+ years old and still going. I bought the Fatal1ty version as it has more USB ports, which I needed, not for gaming.

fireberd, Sep 7, 2016
  5. essenbe Win User
    That is fairly typical of all Manufacturers. Support a board until the next chipset is released.

essenbe, Sep 7, 2016
  6. eLPuSHeR Win User
    Thanks for your replies.
    @fireberd: I also have an Asrock Fatal1ty board at work (I think it's z68 gen3 or something like that). I have always heard that Asrock was low quality but I haven't had any troubles at all and it's performing well. I think it has got the Sandy Bridge chipset.
    Updated its bios once and it has been working okay so far.

eLPuSHeR, Sep 7, 2016
  7. CountMike New Member
    Number of major part manufacturers is surprisingly small and there's a lot of re-branding going on. Actual chip manufacturers are even in lower numbers.
    Unlike drivers, BIOS versions don't need and update past all the the bugs are ironed out, You could view often updates to BIOS as more of liability than an improvement and just as a proof that they can't be unreliable. Once all the features of chipset are properly enabled, no BIOS update can introduce anything new.

CountMike, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Best long time support manufacturer for mainboards? - Similar Threads - Best long support

2. Long boot time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Long boot time: Hi,Windows 10 pro, Why is it that if I reboot after turning off my computer my boot time is a little over a minute, but if I choose re-start it takes 2 or 3 minutes.I'd appreciate your insight....
  3. Long wait for tech support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Long wait for tech support: I needed tech support. For the Windows Mail app. My aol email account suddenly stopped working. Again. It kept asking me to enter my password. I entered my current password and it kept rejecting it. I spent 30 minutes in the Help sections to no avail. I went online to...
  4. Long wait for tech support

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Long wait for tech support: I needed tech support. For the Windows Mail app. My aol email account suddenly stopped working. Again. It kept asking me to enter my password. I entered my current password and it kept rejecting it. I spent 30 minutes in the Help sections to no avail. I went online to...
  5. Best Erp For Manufacturing Company in Vadodara

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Best Erp For Manufacturing Company in Vadodara: Timeline ERP is Cloud-Based Best ERP software for Manufacturing & Small Business Company in Vadodara.Capture all your data in an integrated ERP system & Simplify your Business.Try Now!!.Our Company provides Best-of-the-Line ERP Solutions in India having features of Goods and...
  6. Long BIOS Time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Long BIOS Time: So oin my laptop the BIOS time is around 3 seconds but on my pc, the bios time is 12.4 seconds. The SSD on the PC is actually faster than the one in my laptop. Is there any way I can shorten this time? Yes, I've already disabled some applications that automatically startup....
  7. Long boot time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Long boot time: Hey guys, how's it going? I've been experiencing huge performance issues when booting Windows on. My laptop used to boot-up in about <15s when it was brand new and it stayed this way until I've updated Windows Build. It came out of factory as ver. 1803, when I've updated it...
  8. Long Time to Connect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Long Time to Connect: I recently upgraded one of my laptops from Win7 Pro to Win10 Pro. Ever since then it has been taking a much longer time for the laptop to connect to either of my home networks (two different homes). This is with either WiFi or Ethernet. When it was running Win7 it would...
  9. Long Loading Times

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Long Loading Times: Anyone have an idea why certain programs take longer to load in Windows 10 than in Windows 7? Specifically, Firefox 39.0, Syncbackfree 7.3.3.6, and Finale 2014d (a music notation program). Thanks. 12578
  10. Long install time

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Long install time: I chose to try the upgrade exe file to install Windows 10 update to Windows 8.1. I started at 5PM. It is now 1015 PM and it's at 25%. I don't dare stop it, but have others experienced this? I forgot to mention that the upgrade is going on to 5 year old Dell Studio laptop. It...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Fatal1ty Z77 Professional bios