Windows 10: Best PC components and hardware list (Winter 2016)

Discus and support Best PC components and hardware list (Winter 2016) in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; There's a lot of great PC hardware out there. Let's take a look at the best of the best. If you're looking to build or upgrade a PC with some new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Best PC components and hardware list (Winter 2016)

Read more: Best PC components (Winter 2016) | ZDNet

See also: Best PC hardware list (Winter 2016) | ZDNet

:)

Brink, Nov 10, 2016

2. How do I know if my PC has Bluetooth?

Hi Carol,

Bluetooth requires both hardware and software like any other components on your PC. While laptops has a built-in Bluetooth, most dektop PCs doesn't have it. The best way to check if your PC has the component you are looking for is to check the
    Device Manager. Here's how:

• Right-click on the Start menu and select
      Device Manager
    • Look for Bluetooth Radio, or you can also find it in
      Network adapters

We hope this helps.

Adrianne Buc, Nov 10, 2016
  3. Retaining genuine Windows 10 and genuine Office 2016 after ssd upgrade

Hi,

Changing a component of a device's hardware might lead to Windows activation issues. But no worries, Windows 10 digital license can help you reactivate your Windows after a significant hardware change. This
    link provides further assistance on how to reactivate Windows 10 after changing a hardware section.

With regard to keeping Microsoft Office activated after a hardware change, the best way is to secure its product key. Once you have the product key, uninstall Microsoft Office from your device before changing your hardware component.

If you don't have a product key, your Microsoft Office might be associated with your Microsoft account. If this is the case, make sure that Microsoft Office is redeemed and associated with the correct Microsoft account. Hardware change can be done after
    uninstalling Office 2016. Visit these links for your reference:

If further assistance is needed, we are here to help.

If you think this was useful, you may "Mark it as an Answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Darleen Pen, Nov 10, 2016
  4. EdTittel Win User

These stories/slide shows come from UK-based Adrian Kingsley-Hughes. Over the last decade or so, I've found him to be a pretty reliable source of information about "PC kit" as the Brits like to call this kind of thing. I don't always agree with his top choices, but he usually has good reasons for picking what he does. Enjoy!
    --Ed--

PS: To illuminate our differences of opinion or selection, I'm astonished new Samsung 960 NVMe SSDs didn't make this list. They're the fastest form of SSD available right now, and do more to justify upgrading to a 100-series NVMe capable chipsets on modern motherboards than anything else I can think of. Go figure!

EdTittel, Nov 10, 2016
  5. bobkn Win User
    I always find his choices a little odd. Example: for the high-end system, he combines an I7-6950X (Intel's most expensive desktop CPU, if memory serves) with a mini ITX motherboard with 2 DIMM slots. (The socket 2011-V3 CPUs support quad channel RAM.) Not everyone wish to build a massively water cooled system in a box that's a 60cm (24") cube, but this is bordering on just plain nuts.

bobkn, Nov 10, 2016
  6. dmesal Win User
    i was curiouse as to what can be had for about 700-1100 on a shuttle size/type form factor and am hoping that there will be a role up monitor soon that i can take ship to ship*092

dmesal, Nov 12, 2016
  7. bobkn Win User
    Probably should be in a new thread.

newegg.com has hundreds of mini-PCs available for order. They tend to be listed as barebones, even when they are basically complete PCs (CPU, RAM, HD).

I know of no roll-up monitors on the market yet. (Or is a "role up monitor" something else?)

bobkn, Nov 12, 2016
  8. dmesal Win User

iv'e been reading about the monitors for the past 18 months fm LG and SAMSUNG thin film OELD type just hoping they can be stuffed in a mailing tube when not in use or being moved going thru the airport and such. i read about them on physics.org

dmesal, Nov 13, 2016
  9. bobkn Win User
    Yeah. But I haven't seen anything that is close to being on the market.

bobkn, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Best PC components and hardware list (Winter 2016) - Similar Threads - Best components hardware

2. Project Winter Infinite Loading Screen

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Project Winter Infinite Loading Screen: I Downloaded Project Winter A Couple Of Days Ago, And It Worked Fine For The First Day. Then The Next Day When I Tried To Play It Would Just Sit At The Loading Screen Forever. I've Tried Reinstalling The Game 4 TImes With No Luck....
  3. Tablet PC Components

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tablet PC Components: Hi everyone, I have written a software using Visual Basic Express a few years back when Windows XP was used in our company. Now that all our PC have been upgraded to Windows 10, I would get random crash with tiptsf.dll as the culprit. This is related to Tablet PC...
  4. Best to do list app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Best to do list app: It's the best of all of the apps i have tested,they are -- task coach,wunderlist,todoist,active to do list,to do list,efficient to do list and to do prime. It's swift to do list,has all the required features like --- 1)Reminder with notes 2)Task recurrence by daily, weekly...
  5. 10 best RAM hardware modules for gaming on Windows PC

in Windows 10 News
    10 best RAM hardware modules for gaming on Windows PC: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]You can load apps in seconds and play games on your PC without experiencing a choppy performance by increasing the speed of your memory and installing more of it. So, upgrading your system’s RAM appears to be an easy cure [...] This post 10 best RAM hardware...
  6. Windows 7 Winter Theme, No longer available!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 7 Winter Theme, No longer available!: Hello friends, I have been looking all over the internet but I can't seem to find the Windows 7 Winter Theme which was available on the Seasons Tab as well as the Microsoft Store. Can someone help me bringing it back or send a link to download it please ? I had many...
  7. Jump Lists Not working for Word 2016 or Excel 2016

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Jump Lists Not working for Word 2016 or Excel 2016: so jump lists via my taskbar and windows 10, I'm not having much joy :-( I've just got a new desktop (Jan 2016) with windows 10 pre-loaded and I installed office 2010 - jump lists didn't work - so I thought I'll uninstall and install office 2016 64bit - jump lists still...
  8. Best Way to Install Office 2016?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Best Way to Install Office 2016?: I currently have a licence for Office 2010 for 3 PCs installed on 3 PCs. I want to retire Office 2010 on my main desktop PC and use Office 2016 instead for which I've bough a cheap single PC licence. I then want to use the spare Office 2010 licence on a fourth PC (but only...
  9. Best of Build 2016

in Windows 10 News
    Best of Build 2016: This year’s //build/ is focused on the many things you can do with Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps. You can deploy to more devices than ever before, from the Xbox to the HoloLens. You can even turn your Xbox One into a dev machine. You also have enhanced versions of...
  10. The Best Graphics Card 2016

in Windows 10 News
    The Best Graphics Card 2016: The CPU may be the brain of your PC, but when it comes to gaming, the graphics card is the beating heart that pumps pixels out of your obelisk of a tower and into your monitor. A graphics card consists of dedicated video memory and a graphics processing unit (GPU) that...