Windows 10: Best Place For Router on This Particular Desk

Discus and support Best Place For Router on This Particular Desk in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi All Thinking of sometime getting seperate router once again versus Gateway device currently using, anyways not sure where to put it on the current... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AMDMan2016, May 8, 2019.

1. Best Place For Router on This Particular Desk

Hi All

Thinking of sometime getting seperate router once again versus Gateway device currently using, anyways not sure where to put it on the current desk at all

Main desktop (gaming) this one will be ethernet wired

wireless laptop in next room
    smart tv 4k
    and another wireless desktop in another room

and various mobile devices

*sorry photo turned around, it was straight up on my screen, and on phone when taken*

:)

AMDMan2016, May 8, 2019
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, May 8, 2019
  3. AddSub Win User
    In need of a desk.

Does it have to be new? If not, then Craigslist maybe? In my particular area there are probably dozens of desk listings added every day. Lot of great deals sometimes. Not sure about your location, but it might be worth a shot.

AddSub, May 8, 2019
  4. Gino Des Win User

Best Place For Router on This Particular Desk

wireless conection to router

Hi,

To better assist you, we would like to know the following information:

• Are you able to see the router's name in the wireless networks list?
    • Are you able to connect to the router but unable to connect to the Internet?
    • Do you receive any error message when connecting to the router? If yes, what is the exact error message that you receive?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems. Kindly follow the steps below:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Network troubleshooter, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If the issue persists, kindly try the troubleshooting steps on the following link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

We recommend that you try the steps on the Update the network adapter driver,
    Run the Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands,
    Temporarily turn off firewalls
    and Use network reset to reinstall network devices sections.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, May 8, 2019
Thema:

Best Place For Router on This Particular Desk

1. Best Place For Router on This Particular Desk - Similar Threads - Best Place Router

2. W10 Desk Top Calculator Setting for decimal places

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 Desk Top Calculator Setting for decimal places: Hello - I use the desk top calculator in windows 10.Currently it is many decimals and I'd like to limit / set it to 2 decimal places.I use it in scientific mode.I have tried searching on line for the solution for this to no avail.Very much would appreciate your help....
  3. Best place to buy WORD ?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Best place to buy WORD ?: Hi Guys I have open office, tried Libre but must confess, although its been years, I think Word is my preference, but have stayed away because of price. On net last week, I saw the Word program advertised as Home & Student around 20, but I thought that seems too cheap to be...
  4. Best place to buy W10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Best place to buy W10?: Hi :) I am looking to buy a W10 OEM license for a machine I am building. Recommendations for an online legitimate retailer? Thanks in advance. 163014
  5. Best place to get Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Best place to get Windows 10: I am building a new computer. Where is the best place to get Windows 10 and can it be installed without being linked to an microsoft account? I have seen people talking about the grey market. Are they legal. I want my windows legal and with no problems that will dectivate or...
  6. Not sure this is the best place to put this but yeah.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not sure this is the best place to put this but yeah.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Ozzi905 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e1y9tt/not_sure_this_is_the_best_place_to_put_this_but/
  7. Best place to buy an OEM key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best place to buy an OEM key?: I'm looking to install Windows 10 through Bootcamp on my 2018 Macbook Air but I don't want to pay a lot as I'll just be using it for a couple of things. Where would be the safest/most reliable place to purchase a cheap OEM key? (Also, is it still possible to get cheap keys...
  8. HP desk top computer does not have a router

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HP desk top computer does not have a router: I bought a router for my computer and I have extra slow speed and some programs like facebook gameroom will not load games, it has really slowed down my computer. I had a professional hook it up. Does anyone know of a fix for this. I don't know computer terms as I am 69 and...
  9. Best place to buy Windows from?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Best place to buy Windows from?: Hello everyone. I used to buy my Windows licences (and was able to gain access to the OS ISOs) from Softicle.com at a very good price. It might have even been someone on here who suggested them. They seem to be no more, as I emailed them today, but to no avail. Are there...
  10. Best Routers of 2015

in Windows 10 News
    Best Routers of 2015: Routers may not be the most exciting piece of technology out there, but with the proliferation of smartphones, tablets, streaming boxes, smart TVs and more, the need for a good wireless router in modern homes is undeniable. Streaming services and online gaming can put a lot...