Windows 10: Best place to buy Windows from?

Discus and support Best place to buy Windows from? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello everyone. I used to buy my Windows licences (and was able to gain access to the OS ISOs) from Softicle.com at a very good price. It might have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ValiantSaint, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Best place to buy Windows from?

Hello everyone. I used to buy my Windows licences (and was able to gain access to the OS ISOs) from Softicle.com at a very good price. It might have even been someone on here who suggested them. They seem to be no more, as I emailed them today, but to no avail.

Are there any similar websites that do the same thing, and are genuine?

Many, many thanks in advance

:)

ValiantSaint, Jun 28, 2017

2. Best place to buy Unlocked Lumia 900

I don't want to be locked into a worse deal with my carrier for the next 18-24 months, so I'd prefer to keep my current deal which expired months ago. Do Nokia themselves sell the Lumia 900 unlocked? If not where would be the best place to get it?

McKay---01, Jun 28, 2017
  3. Best place to buy Unlocked Lumia 900

It's not currently possible to buy an unlocked version of the US Lumia 900, it's as yet unknown if Nokia will sell this unlocked without the AT&T badge. If they do release one it will probably be available from some Microsoft stores like the unlocked Lumia
    800 is.

The worldwide version of the Lumia 900 that goes on sale in many countries late this month and next month will be available unlocked. That model does not have LTE.

psychomania---01, Jun 28, 2017
  4. Best place to buy Windows from?

Hi ValiantSaint.

See if this link gives you what you need.

Need safe 1511 ISO

Windows 10 can be obtained from MS.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jun 28, 2017
  5. Many thanks, Ken. Are there no online suppliers (genuine only etc) that will sell cheaper versions of MS products?

6. current build is rs2 creators update 15063.447 aka 1703

xXWhackerXx, Jun 28, 2017
  7. Thanks Whacker. Is your build number to be used with the link that Ken provided? So if I can get the right build and create a installation DVD/flash drive for the ISO, where can I buy a genuine licence other than MS?

8. Porthos Win User

Best place to buy Windows from?

Genuine and cheap dont go together. You will get burned by non-official cheap sellers.

Porthos, Jun 28, 2017
  9. Thanks Porthos. You're right, I suppose. Can you just buy a licence from MS and use Ken's ISO finder? Or is this a bit pointless?

@Ken: That link is amazing! Many thanks. What's the best way of finding out which copy of Windows is needed for a certain machine? Most of the COAs don't really give a lot of info? (I have an old HP laptop that I'm trying to revive, but the HD is DOA, so there's no way of telling the exact version of Windows it was running - the COA just says Windows 7 on it)

EDIT: I have used Jelly Bean Key Finder, but it normally reports a different key to what I have......

10. Your COA should say something but its been so long.

I don't think you can buy old OS from stores, maybe Win 7 but I thought I heard they were pulling that to.

If you just want to revive an old laptop to browse the web just install Ubuntu. Its free and it is real easy. Comes with Firefox, you can install Chrome. You can also install Libre Office and get a full useful Office productivity sweet.

Ubuntu is easy on the resources to. If you download then you can test drive from CD or USB.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jun 29, 2017
  11. Thanks Ken. If the laptop had a version of Windows Ten on it, if I installed the latest ISO onto the machine, isn't the W10 license linked to the laptop, so it would, in turn, be verified by Microsoft as genuine?

ValiantSaint, Jun 29, 2017
  12. NavyLCDR New Member
    Yes, as long as it is/was the version of Windows 10, IE Home or Pro.

NavyLCDR, Jun 29, 2017
  13. Best place to buy Windows from?

That's great. Could I use ProduKey to view the key in the bios to see if it was running W10, even without a drive? (I was just reading about the program.....don't know if it's any good!)

And you say that it doesn't matter which release of Windows I use, as long as it corresponds with the correct version?

ValiantSaint, Jun 29, 2017
  14. Superfly Win User
    Hmmmm...

Best place to buy Windows from? [​IMG]

I know the developer of this one... he tells me it's pretty OK *Wink

Superfly, Jun 29, 2017
  15. TrustMe Win User
    The best program to find your product key is ShowKeyPlus. If your computer came with Windows 8, 8.1, or 10 it will read the key in the BIOS and tell you what version of Windows your computer original came with. If you have a different version installed now it will show you that too. If your computer came with Windows 7 it will tell you it has a Windows 7 OEM marker present in the BIOS. There is no way for it to tell you the Windows 7 key because it's not stored in the BIOS.

ShowKeyPlus - Windows 10 Forums

If your computer has no hard drive you can download Kyhi's Bootable Rescue Disk, burn it to DVD, or make a bootable USB flash drive. Boot from the newly created disk or drive and run ShowKeyPlus from there. ShowKeyPlus is on Kyhi's rescue disk.

Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk - Windows 10 Forums

If your computer has no hard drive, and it was upgraded from Windows 7 to 10, there is no way to find out what version of Windows it was upgraded to, or even if it was ever upgraded. If you know for a fact it was, you could try different versions of Windows until you hit upon the right one. Since your flag indicates you are from the UK, I would start with Single Language, then Home N, or Home. It's really hard to say.

TrustMe, Jun 29, 2017
Thema:

Best place to buy Windows from?

1. Best place to buy Windows from? - Similar Threads - Best place buy

2. Best Places To Buy Windows 10 Keys (Windows 11 Included)- Microsoft key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best Places To Buy Windows 10 Keys (Windows 11 Included)- Microsoft key: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/JauntyAttacker [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/15titgy/best_places_to_buy_windows_10_keys_windows_11/
  3. Best place to buy WORD ?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Best place to buy WORD ?: Hi Guys I have open office, tried Libre but must confess, although its been years, I think Word is my preference, but have stayed away because of price. On net last week, I saw the Word program advertised as Home & Student around 20, but I thought that seems too cheap to be...
  4. Best place to buy windows 10 pro key?

Best place to buy windows 10 pro key?: Hi, I used to have windows 10 pro on my dell laptop however it is now not recognising it after a reinstall of windows. I have tried Dell os recovery tool but it says “image currently unavailable” Where is the best place to buy a windows 10 pro key for a cheaper price that is...
  5. Best place to buy W10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Best place to buy W10?: Hi :) I am looking to buy a W10 OEM license for a machine I am building. Recommendations for an online legitimate retailer? Thanks in advance. 163014
  6. Refund of Windows 10 purchased from Best Buy

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Refund of Windows 10 purchased from Best Buy: I purchased Windows 10 Home from Best Buy. After getting it home not opening the package and reading on how to upgrade from Windows XP, I decided to instead purchase a new computer that has Windows 10 already installed. When I called Best Buy to request how to return the...
  7. Best place to buy an OEM key?

Best place to buy an OEM key?: I'm looking to install Windows 10 through Bootcamp on my 2018 Macbook Air but I don't want to pay a lot as I'll just be using it for a couple of things. Where would be the safest/most reliable place to purchase a cheap OEM key? (Also, is it still possible to get cheap keys...
  8. Windows 10 Pro from Best Buy

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro from Best Buy: I bought Windows 10 Pro from Best Buy on USB. This read-only USB came with v1809 already included. Why does this USB stick include install.swm and install2.swm instead of install.wim for the 64-bit version? The 32-bit version has install.wim. The last modified date of the...
  9. Best place to buy a Windows 10 key?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Best place to buy a Windows 10 key?: I’m installing Windows 10 on a new PC and I can’t find a place that sells the keys and has good reviews. Amazon seems like the best place so far. I already have Windows on a bootable USB, and just need a place to buy a key....
  10. DEVICE CALLED PASSWORD FROM BEST BUY

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DEVICE CALLED PASSWORD FROM BEST BUY: FEB 7 2019 THURS. HOW DO I COPY DOC. AND DOC FOLDERS! AFTER COPYING HOW DO I KNOW FOLDERS AND DOCS. ARE SAVED? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-called-password-from-best-buy/294dc240-e03b-4b2e-ade1-869222c1d4be"