Windows 10: Best Practice: Where you store your Photo's, Music, Video's, Documents and down loads - In...

Discus and support Best Practice: Where you store your Photo's, Music, Video's, Documents and down loads - In... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; As I am getting a new HP i want to make sure my file structure is correct. I would appreciate some guidance please on Best Practice: Where you store... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SteveHoney, Feb 7, 2023.

1. Best Practice: Where you store your Photo's, Music, Video's, Documents and down loads - In...

As I am getting a new HP i want to make sure my file structure is correct. I would appreciate some guidance please on Best Practice: Where you store your Photo's, Music, Video's, Documents and down loads - In what location "This PC" or Window C drive hierarchy? Regards Steve

:)

SteveHoney, Feb 7, 2023

2. Windows Refresh removed thousands of personal files; how do I recover photos, documents, videos, and music?

Hello.

I helped a family member do a Windows Refresh, and thousands of her personal files have been removed. According to Microsoft, "you can refresh your PC without deleting any of your personal files or changing your settings." This was not the case for her.

I have searched online and have not been able to find an answer. Before going further, I'd like to address a couple things of which I am certain:

• I did a Refresh, not a Reset; and
    • I am not talking about program files from software - I know those are removed.

The family member had thousands of:

• personal pictures (e.g., camera photos, downloaded wallpapers);
    • documents (e.g., Word documents, PDF files);
    • videos (e.g., movies, self recordings); and
    • music (e.g., purchased mp3 files).

I think the issue is this: She stored all of those files in the Program Files folder. Examples include:

• her photos were stored in the IrfanView folder (IrfanView is an image viewer);
    • her documents were stored in multiple folders, such as PDFs in the Foxit PDF folder and Word documents in the Microsoft Office folder; and
    • her videos and music files were stored in the VLC folder (VLC is a media player).

Yes, I know she probably should have stored these in her Windows Libraries personal folders, such as Pictures, Documents, Videos, and Music. However, she explained that it made sense to her because those programs are what is used to open the specific files.

How can she fully recover those thousands of files? Thank you.

MicrosoftCommunityMember, Feb 7, 2023
  3. Brink Win User
    Music and Video Preview Apps for PCs Headed to Store for Windows 10

Source: Music and Video Preview Apps for PCs are Headed to the Store for Windows Insiders

Brink, Feb 7, 2023
  4. garym123 Win User

Best Practice: Where you store your Photo's, Music, Video's, Documents and down loads - In...

No store in music+videos

The Store that is listed in Music+Videos takes you to the Store app on the phone, You are missing nothing. It is all there.

garym123, Feb 7, 2023
Thema:

Best Practice: Where you store your Photo's, Music, Video's, Documents and down loads - In...

1. Best Practice: Where you store your Photo's, Music, Video's, Documents and down loads - In... - Similar Threads - Best Practice Where

2. Best practices for multi computer syncing documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Best practices for multi computer syncing documents: Where can I find documentation on best practices for how to handle syncing cloud storage of the user documents folder from multiple machines with different application states? I'd like to better understand if/how documents are properly handled when different computers have...
  3. Best practices for multi computer syncing documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Best practices for multi computer syncing documents: Where can I find documentation on best practices for how to handle syncing cloud storage of the user documents folder from multiple machines with different application states? I'd like to better understand if/how documents are properly handled when different computers have...
  4. Defender for Endpoint - Best Practices

Defender for Endpoint - Best Practices: Hi,Where can I find a list of best practice settings for Defender for Endpoint agent settings as defined by Group Policy?I am currently reviewing the settings my org uses, and would also like to know if I have missed any settings too.Best regards,Dan...
  5. Defender for Endpoint - Best Practices

in Windows 10 Customization
    Defender for Endpoint - Best Practices: Hi,Where can I find a list of best practice settings for Defender for Endpoint agent settings as defined by Group Policy?I am currently reviewing the settings my org uses, and would also like to know if I have missed any settings too.Best regards,Dan...
  6. OneDrive best practice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive best practice: Previously, I could not use OneDrive and was using SyncToy. Now I can use OneDrive but getting it set up is the problem. I have over 100GB to transfer but to this point I haven't been able to get 1GB out of a 10GB folder. I'm using LAN, not wireless and have a fiber optic...
  7. OneDrive best practice

OneDrive best practice: Previously, I could not use OneDrive and was using SyncToy. Now I can use OneDrive but getting it set up is the problem. I have over 100GB to transfer but to this point I haven't been able to get 1GB out of a 10GB folder. I'm using LAN, not wireless and have a fiber optic...
  8. Best Practice: Where you store your Photo's, Music, Video's, Documents and down loads - In...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Best Practice: Where you store your Photo's, Music, Video's, Documents and down loads - In...: As I am getting a new HP i want to make sure my file structure is correct. I would appreciate some guidance please on Best Practice: Where you store your Photo's, Music, Video's, Documents and down loads - In what location "This PC" or Window C drive hierarchy? Regards Steve...
  9. Best Practice: Where you store your Photo's, Music, Video's, Documents and down loads - In...

Best Practice: Where you store your Photo's, Music, Video's, Documents and down loads - In...: As I am getting a new HP i want to make sure my file structure is correct. I would appreciate some guidance please on Best Practice: Where you store your Photo's, Music, Video's, Documents and down loads - In what location "This PC" or Window C drive hierarchy? Regards Steve...
  10. Where are the photos stored that are taken of a video frame?

Where are the photos stored that are taken of a video frame?: I'm using the Photo app to take a picture of a frame in a video. After successfully selecting a frame and confirmation that the photo is saving, I can't find the photo. I've looked in the pictures folder and the folder where the video was stored, but nothing is there....