Windows 10: Best practices on PC monitor usage advice sought?

Discus and support Best practices on PC monitor usage advice sought? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi, I have a 23" LCD monitor that has its own power adapter/brick that I use with my desktop PC as a Home PC. When I shutdown the PC overnight that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by sportsfan148, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Best practices on PC monitor usage advice sought?

Hi,
    I have a 23" LCD monitor that has its own power adapter/brick that I use with my desktop PC as a Home PC. When I shutdown the PC overnight that obviously cuts the HDMI connection to the monitor so the monitor then goes to sleep. However, when in sleep mode the monitor power brick still has a green light that remains on and the power button for the monitor glows white, blinking on and off.
    I have the monitor and PC and other devices plugged into one of those inexpensive surge protection power strips without individual switches so I just leave the monitor in sleep mode whenever its not in use (overnight etc). Otherwise it would mean unplugging the monitor all the time when not in use. According to the manual, in sleep mode the energy consumption is <0.3 Watts so that's not a problem. Are LCD monitors designed to be used like this anyway...always on or on Standby/Sleep just like a TV?
    Does anybody know if Im causing unnecessary wear and tear by leaving the monitor in sleep mode instead of unplugging it? Am I shortening the life of the LCD monitor, the green light on the power adaptor or monitor power button because even though the monitor is in sleep mode those lights will still be on 24/7?
    How do other desktop users use their monitors? Other users advice , personal experiences welcome *Smile

:)

sportsfan148, Oct 16, 2019
  2. doyen121 Win User

MONITOR--NOT CONNECTING SINCE WIN 10 INSTALLED

I have a CVTE-TV monitor with an HDMI connection--This set-up worked fine in WIN 7

Ever since I installed WIN 10-- although showing as installed it does not list in Device Manager-[Only computers generic PnP listed]

Have made multiple updates, troubleshoots [all devices being stated as best and working], legacy options applied and followed various posted advices--- Without a fix

I am sight impaired and my 19" monitor is vital to my domestic IT usage

Advice as to suitable device, perhaps card, downloading sought--or comprehensive-- fix --to resolve this problem would be much appreciated.

Graham Gunn

doyen121, Oct 16, 2019
  3. PC Build Steps

all parts should be here by friday...any last advice? I will follow the step lists we created guys...

anandsap123, Oct 16, 2019
  4. er_bpaul Win User

Best practices on PC monitor usage advice sought?

GPRS Usage Monitoring in N900

Good day to every body.

Can anybody help me how to monitor the GPRS usage. As I am not doing any net browsing but everyday I am seeing approximately I am us 10 MB. Some thing is going on which I couldn't find it & I am paying for it for no reason. Please help me to sought
    this out.

er_bpaul, Oct 16, 2019
Thema:

Best practices on PC monitor usage advice sought?

1. Best practices on PC monitor usage advice sought? - Similar Threads - Best practices monitor

2. Defender for Endpoint - Best Practices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defender for Endpoint - Best Practices: Hi,Where can I find a list of best practice settings for Defender for Endpoint agent settings as defined by Group Policy?I am currently reviewing the settings my org uses, and would also like to know if I have missed any settings too.Best regards,Dan...
  3. Defender for Endpoint - Best Practices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defender for Endpoint - Best Practices: Hi,Where can I find a list of best practice settings for Defender for Endpoint agent settings as defined by Group Policy?I am currently reviewing the settings my org uses, and would also like to know if I have missed any settings too.Best regards,Dan...
  4. Defender for Endpoint - Best Practices

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. OneDrive best practice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive best practice: Previously, I could not use OneDrive and was using SyncToy. Now I can use OneDrive but getting it set up is the problem. I have over 100GB to transfer but to this point I haven't been able to get 1GB out of a 10GB folder. I'm using LAN, not wireless and have a fiber optic...
  6. OneDrive best practice

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive best practice: Previously, I could not use OneDrive and was using SyncToy. Now I can use OneDrive but getting it set up is the problem. I have over 100GB to transfer but to this point I haven't been able to get 1GB out of a 10GB folder. I'm using LAN, not wireless and have a fiber optic...
  7. Advice sought on uploading data to HDD instead of SSD...

in Windows 10 Support
    Advice sought on uploading data to HDD instead of SSD...: I've just bought a new laptop that has both an SSD (256 Gb) and an HDD (1Tb). The first thing I did was to set up my internet connection, and I then installed all my old programs. I now want to upload all of my data (documents, music, videos, photos etc.) that I have saved...
  8. Best practices on PC monitor usage advice sought?

in Windows 10 Support
    Best practices on PC monitor usage advice sought?: Hi, I have a 23" LCD monitor that has its own power adapter/brick that I use with my desktop PC as a Home PC. When I shutdown the PC overnight that obviously cuts the HDMI connection to the monitor so the monitor then goes to sleep. However, when in sleep mode the monitor...
  9. Best Practices for Regular PC Maintenance

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Best Practices for Regular PC Maintenance: I'm surprised there's not a sticky for this, but can anyone recommend any software or a checklist to clean up junk on a PC on a regular basis besides cookies and cache? I'm referring to things like registry and defrag. I also feel like there's space and/or resources being...
  10. Audio Advice Sought - Simultaneous Headphones and Speaker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Advice Sought - Simultaneous Headphones and Speaker: Hi I have recently built my first Desktop. Bit like a Meccano set (yes I am that old). My problem is that I am hearing impaired and want to use my headphones to listen to programs we watch on the TV (from where we have them stored on the computer), while my wife listens to...