Windows 10: Best program(s) for protection on Windows 10?

Discus and support Best program(s) for protection on Windows 10? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hey guys, What program(s) do you recommend for the best possible protection on Windows 10 (I know this is opinionated, but I would like some... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CC268, Aug 1, 2015.

1. CC268 Win User

Best program(s) for protection on Windows 10?

Hey guys,

What program(s) do you recommend for the best possible protection on Windows 10 (I know this is opinionated, but I would like some opinions with some fact behind it)?

I have used Bitdefender and Malwarebytes and Spybot before. I know that a lot of people said that Windows Defender was pretty worthless a few years ago, but not sure if that holds true. Obviously I want the best protection without having to install too many programs and hogging resources.

As of now I am just using Windows Defender.

Thanks!

:)

CC268, Aug 1, 2015

2. best program on windows 10 for downloading music from android phone

Hi William,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I will assist you with this.

You can connect your phone to the Computer and Over on the PC, an AutoPlay dialog box appears in Windows, prompting you to choose how best to mount the phone into the Windows storage system. Select open files to View option and
    you can copy paste or drag the music to the computer from where you have stored in the Phone.

Hope this information was helpful.

Thank you.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Aug 1, 2015
  3. best program on windows 10 for downloading music from android phone

how do I transfer music from android to windows 10 cumputer

williamrath, Aug 1, 2015
  4. topgundcp Win User

Windows Defender, Free Malwarebytes & Yourself.
    In addition, Good backup image.

topgundcp, Aug 2, 2015
  5. TairikuOkami, Aug 2, 2015
  6. CC268 Win User
    Great I will use Windows Defender and Malwarebytes (free) then. I made a good backup image with Macrium Reflect.

Is Malwarebytes even necessary if you use Defender?

CC268, Aug 2, 2015
  7. Borg 386 Win User
    Malwarebytes free is a on demand scanner that only scans when you manually perform a scan.

Defender is a real time protection program that runs active scans in the background & tries to prevent anything malicious from installing.

There is no harm in running both since Malwarebytes plays well with other AV's. It's an added layer of protection. Not one program catches everything 100% of the time. The more layers of protection you have, the better. Running regular scans with Malwarebytes helps in that it may catch something Defender missed.

You can also opt to buy Malwarebytes Pro version, which features active scanning.

Borg 386, Aug 2, 2015
  8. YOU
    You Win User

9. JayStar Win User
    I am using the free version of Comodo Internet Security. has some pretty advanced features for free software and all works well so far. Doesnt seem ti be too intrusive.

JayStar, Aug 3, 2015
  10. AveYo Win User
    You've just listed the most bloated software. You should not even have to see an AV GUI!
    Extra hint: use Autoruns to disable Avira system tray application from running at startup - virtually invisible!

AveYo, Aug 3, 2015
  11. Avira Free is the worst AV I have ever tried, it took 30 min to install and then the whole system was running like it was 386, 5 years ago it was the same, so not much have changed since then. *Rolleyes

TairikuOkami, Aug 3, 2015
  12. CC268 Win User
    I've used BitDefender which seemed great...I just figured I would keep it simple and clean and stick with Defender.

CC268, Aug 3, 2015
  13. Best program(s) for protection on Windows 10?

I'm using Defender too. It's to be better than what MSE was, and I've used MSE as my main protection since Windows 7 came out, and not once had an issue. The only missing feature with Defender is a GUI of a right click to scan a file. I've gotten around it by using the custom scan, and scan a folder I set up to hold all downloads to scan before opening/installing any, and it's working out well. Hope they add a right click/scan in the near future.

Bobby Phoenix, Aug 4, 2015
  14. I'm currently using Kaspersky which is very good, I've tried many AV suites as well before but my favourites have to be Kaspersky, Bitdefender, ESET.

kuyenmotdivad, Aug 4, 2015
  15. snerd Win User
    BitDefender Total Security 2015 and MalwareBytes Pro. What else do you need?! *Wink

snerd, Aug 4, 2015
Thema:

1. Best program(s) for protection on Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Best program protection

2. Best Diagnostic Program?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Best Diagnostic Program?: I've been having issues with my Laptop Asus x571GT with some weird whirling noises coming from the HDD area.But after checking the logs and seeing the stats in Task Manager, I've ruled out the HDD but I haven't been able to isolate the problem/sound.Does anybody recommend a...
  3. Best Diagnostic Program?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Best Diagnostic Program?: I've been having issues with my Laptop Asus x571GT with some weird whirling noises coming from the HDD area.But after checking the logs and seeing the stats in Task Manager, I've ruled out the HDD but I haven't been able to isolate the problem/sound.Does anybody recommend a...
  4. Best Diagnostic Program?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Best antivirus and antimalware program for Windows 10?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Best antivirus and antimalware program for Windows 10?: Hello there guys..which is the best antivirus and antimalware program for Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/best-antivirus-and-antimalware-program-for-windows/8d560430-0e54-4c69-bb3f-cc9f3dc4d736
  6. Best antivirus program for Windows 10?

Best antivirus program for Windows 10?: I'm looking for the best antivirus program for Windows 10, and on the Internet there are numerous comparisons with always different results. Maybe someone can help me with this. Bestes Antivirenprogramm für Windows 10?
  7. What is best Virus Protection?

What is best Virus Protection?: Good Day Microsoft Community! Hi there! I am Shiela, an ESL Teacher and a freelancer currently living in the Philippines. I've been working in this virtual world for quite a month and I am curious on my computer's life span as I know it will be prone to viruses. My question...
  8. window 's program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    window 's program: I want to know why I have from the ' Control Panel\Backup and Restore (Windows 7)??? I feel I should have Windows 10. thank you \ [ATTACH]from the Control Panel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-s-program/5bcfd4ab-ae78-426e-9242-baf7201b4f3a
  9. Best backup program?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Best backup program?: What is the most dependable backup program for Windows 10? I need to backup to an external usb encrypted drive. I need to be able to restore both the system and individual files. Thanks. 57447
  10. Best laptop for programming

in Windows 10 Support
    Best laptop for programming: Actually my brother takes training of PHP language so he wanna buy a laptop . give me suggestion what is best laptop for programming. 59472