Windows 10: Best protection for windows 11 virtualization against malwares, viruses and phishing...

Discus and support Best protection for windows 11 virtualization against malwares, viruses and phishing... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Which option will give the best protection against malwares, viruses and phishing attacks on my Windows 11 pc? Is it enabling ‘Core isolation’ on... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BappaKG, Jan 26, 2022.

1. BappaKG Win User

Best protection for windows 11 virtualization against malwares, viruses and phishing...

Which option will give the best protection against malwares, viruses and phishing attacks on my Windows 11 pc? Is it enabling ‘Core isolation’ on windows system or enabling ‘Hardware virtualization’ from Kaspersky Total Security’ which I installed as anti-virus in my pc?Please note if I enable ‘Hardware virtualization’ from KIS, then I have to turn off ‘Core Isolation’ and ‘Hyper V’ in my pc.Smtgsl-1973

:)

BappaKG, Jan 26, 2022

2. Viruses and Malware

An anti-virus program alone does not provide comprehensive protection and cannot prevent, detect and remove all threats at any given time. Anti-virus software is
    inherently reactive...meaning it usually finds malware after a computer has been infected. Further, if you're dealing with

zero-day malware
    it's unlikely the anti-virus is going to detect anything. Anti-virus and anti-malware programs each
    perform different tasks as it relates to computer security and threat detection. Essentially, they look for and remove different types of malicious threats.

In simplistic terms, Anti-virus programs use massive databases with different scanning engines and detection methods to scan for infectious malware which includes

viruses
    worms
    Trojans
    rootkis
    and
    bots

Anti-malware programs use smaller databases and generally tend to focus more on
    adware,
    spyware,

unwanted toolbars
    browser hijackers
    potentially unwanted programs
    and
    potentially unsafe applications

Anti-virus and Anti-malware solutions with anti-exploitation
    features
    protect against
    zero-day malware
    drive-by downloads
    exploits
    and
    Exploit Kits

Therefore, you need both an anti-virus and an anti-malware solution for maximum protection.

Important Fact: Keep in mind that
    the user is the first and last line of defense and security is a constant effort to stay one step ahead of the bad guys. No amount of security software is going to defend against today's sophisticated malware writers for those who do not practice
    safe computing and stay informed. It has been proven time and again that the
    user is a more substantial factor
    (weakest link)
    in security than the architecture of the operating system or installed protection software.

Security begins with personal responsibility. Common sense, good security habits, safe surfing, understanding security and safe computing are essential to protecting yourself from malware infection.

quietman7 - MVP, Jan 26, 2022
  3. Ar Rom Win User
    malware and phishing protection

Hi Amy,

Windows 10 comes with a pre-installed Windows Defender Antivirus to protect your computer. To activate Windows Defender Antivirus, kindly follow the steps provided on this

link
    . Regarding your other question about setting up emails, may we know what are you pertaining to when you say override? Can you provide more specific details about your concern?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Ar Rom, Jan 26, 2022
  4. Best protection for windows 11 virtualization against malwares, viruses and phishing...

Is windows defender is enough to protect my pc from viruses?

Is windows defender is enough to protect my pc from viruses? Because windows defender is not able to remove malwares then I've installed malwarebytes to protect my pc.

[Original Title: Viruses & Malwares.]

PranavKumar_913, Jan 26, 2022
Thema:

Best protection for windows 11 virtualization against malwares, viruses and phishing...

1. Best protection for windows 11 virtualization against malwares, viruses and phishing... - Similar Threads - Best protection virtualization

2. Windows 10 Protection against viruses and malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Protection against viruses and malware: With Windows 10 is it necessary to subscribe to third party anti-virus software such as Norton or Avast. or is the Windows 10 capable of stopping any and all threats? What are the settings that should be turned on? I am a senior with very poor knowledge of technology. Please...
  3. Windows 10 Protection against viruses and malware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Protection against viruses and malware: With Windows 10 is it necessary to subscribe to third party anti-virus software such as Norton or Avast. or is the Windows 10 capable of stopping any and all threats? What are the settings that should be turned on? I am a senior with very poor knowledge of technology. Please...
  4. Windows 10 Protection against viruses and malware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Protection Against Malware/Virus/Keyloggers

Protection Against Malware/Virus/Keyloggers: So i have an old dell xps 9550 laptop that i still have been using for a while. It has windows ten pro. It's my main laptop. With my laptop, I try to do my best of trying to avoid going on certain sites and clicking links etc. So because of that, a while back I got another...
  6. Best Way To Protect PC (In Terms Of Recovering It, Not Protecting From Viruses And Malware)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best Way To Protect PC (In Terms Of Recovering It, Not Protecting From Viruses And Malware): Hello There, I want to take some steps to protect my PC if it ever stops working to the point i can't open windows. Meaning i would have to renistall windows. Ps i don't have a disc anymore, as i have no disc drive. I have already ordered a 128 GB USB to aid me in this. So...
  7. Google - Better protection against Man in the Middle phishing attacks

in Windows 10 News
    Google - Better protection against Man in the Middle phishing attacks: We’re constantly working to improve our phishing protections to keep your information secure. Last year, we announced that we would require JavaScript to be enabled in your browser when you sign in so that we can run a risk assessment whenever credentials are entered on a...
  8. Virus and malware protection

Virus and malware protection: Hi, I'm Jose Javier and I have a Window laptop with Windows 10 Home; version 10.0.17763. My computer has Window Defender Security System and an Antivirus named Avast. I have bought my laptop a year ago. I really want to know how I can get total Window Security with Window...
  9. What is best Virus Protection?

What is best Virus Protection?: Good Day Microsoft Community! Hi there! I am Shiela, an ESL Teacher and a freelancer currently living in the Philippines. I've been working in this virtual world for quite a month and I am curious on my computer's life span as I know it will be prone to viruses. My question...
  10. Anti virus and malware protection

Anti virus and malware protection: Is the Windows Defender very effective protection against any harms that may be? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_scanning-windows_10/anti-virus-and-malware-protection/6a679aa5-3f2b-4172-84f6-b812aa914cfb