Windows 10: Best remote desktop client for accessing a Mac?

Discus and support Best remote desktop client for accessing a Mac? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm using Windows for the first time in a very long time and want to use a remote desktop to access my MacBook on the same screen. What's the best... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nudoru, Oct 14, 2020.

1. /u/nudoru Win User

Best remote desktop client for accessing a Mac?

I'm using Windows for the first time in a very long time and want to use a remote desktop to access my MacBook on the same screen. What's the best remote desktop client to do that? Just Microsoft's remote desktop?

I'm using Parsec for gaming on this computer on my Mac and have used Screens for Mac to Mac. But neither of those support Mac on Win.

submitted by /u/nudoru
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/nudoru, Oct 14, 2020

2. Can I use Remote Desktop for accessing Mac Clients within my network?

Can I use Remote Desktop for accessing Mac Clients within my network?

Owen Meany, Oct 14, 2020
  3. Microsoft Remote Desktop Mac Mouse porblems

Hi Marco,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are using Remote Desktop application on Mac OS and want to simulate the PC mouse right click on your Mac Mouse.

In order to make use of the right-click inside an open session you have options of using:

• Standard PC two button USB mouse
    • Apple Magic Mouse: To enable right-click, click
      System Preferences in the dock, click Mouse, and then enable
      Secondary click.

For additional information you can also refer the following links:

Remote Desktop Services - Get started with the macOS client

Frequently asked questions about the Remote Desktop
    clients

Meanwhile, if you have any queries regarding Remote Desktop Services, you can also post your query in

TechNet forums
    , which would be the appropriate forum for RDP issues, where you will find professionals with expertise on Remote Desktop.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Oct 14, 2020
  4. JvdK-PN Win User

Microsoft Remote Desktop client for Mac slow to Windows Server 2016 / 2019

Hi

Microsoft Remote Desktop client for Mac is unworkably slow when connecting to Windows 2016 / 2019 VPS over VPN. Windows clients work fine over the same connection. I have this problem with IPSEC tunnel as well as OpenVPN to the destination network. If I run
    the native Windows 10 client from VMware Fusion on the Mac the performance is fine so it's safe to assume the Mac itself or the VPN connection is fine.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated..

Kind regards

-Jan

JvdK-PN, Oct 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Best remote desktop client for accessing a Mac? - Similar Threads - Best remote desktop

2. MSTSC client for Mac - no, NOT the "Microsoft Remote Desktop" app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSTSC client for Mac - no, NOT the "Microsoft Remote Desktop" app: On Windows I've long used both Remote Desktop Connection Manager RDCMan.exe and mstsc.exe to administer servers. I've started using "Microsoft Remote Desktop" shortened to MRD hereon also, as my organisation has several Azure Virtual Desktop published resources.While MRD is...
  3. MSTSC client for Mac - no, NOT the "Microsoft Remote Desktop" app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSTSC client for Mac - no, NOT the "Microsoft Remote Desktop" app: On Windows I've long used both Remote Desktop Connection Manager RDCMan.exe and mstsc.exe to administer servers. I've started using "Microsoft Remote Desktop" shortened to MRD hereon also, as my organisation has several Azure Virtual Desktop published resources.While MRD is...
  4. Remote Desktop can’t access files on Mac

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop can’t access files on Mac: I have the Remote Desktop app on my OS connected to my Windows device at work. I'm not able to upload any files from my mac to my company portal using the app. It only shows me local files on my Windows. I have previously resolved this by choosing my OS desktop for file...
  5. Remote Desktop can’t access files on Mac

Remote Desktop can’t access files on Mac: I have the Remote Desktop app on my OS connected to my Windows device at work. I'm not able to upload any files from my mac to my company portal using the app. It only shows me local files on my Windows. I have previously resolved this by choosing my OS desktop for file...
  6. Playing audio while using Microsoft Remote Desktop client on Mac to access Windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Playing audio while using Microsoft Remote Desktop client on Mac to access Windows: VersionsMac OS Monterey 12.1Microsoft Remote Desktop Version 10.7.2 1965Target Machine: Windows 10 Pro 21H1Desired StateUsing Microsoft Remote Desktop client on Mac to access Windows 10 machineWould like any audio to remain/play on the Windows machineOption is set accordingly...
  7. Playing audio while using Microsoft Remote Desktop client on Mac to access Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Playing audio while using Microsoft Remote Desktop client on Mac to access Windows: VersionsMac OS Monterey 12.1Microsoft Remote Desktop Version 10.7.2 1965Target Machine: Windows 10 Pro 21H1Desired StateUsing Microsoft Remote Desktop client on Mac to access Windows 10 machineWould like any audio to remain/play on the Windows machineOption is set accordingly...
  8. Playing audio while using Microsoft Remote Desktop client on Mac to access Windows

9. Remote Desktop access to Always On VPN client

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop access to Always On VPN client: I have a number of Always On VPN clients using system tunnels configured at our site...and it would be helpful to be able to connect via remote desktop to the Always On VPN clients. Is there a way to get the RDP listener to listen for connections on the Always-On VPN...
  10. Remote access phishing on Mac

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remote access phishing on Mac: Hi, I fell for a phishing attack today, where I was tricked into accessing a remote pc server via the Microsoft rpc 10 Apple app on a Macbook. It was an AWS server. The attacker got access to a crypto wallet with a little money in it. I know, I am dumb and yes, I am...