Windows 10: Best routes to ensure HDR10/Dolby Vision content

Discus and support Best routes to ensure HDR10/Dolby Vision content in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I'm on Windows 21H1 with a HDR10+ Dolby Vision compatible 4K display via a good WIFI 6 connection. As of right now all my streaming content is viewed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Swaglife81, Jun 3, 2021.

1. Best routes to ensure HDR10/Dolby Vision content

I'm on Windows 21H1 with a HDR10+ Dolby Vision compatible 4K display via a good WIFI 6 connection. As of right now all my streaming content is viewed from Microsoft Edge current build. Windows settings show HDR is enabled and my tv input shows HDR 2160 res. Am I getting the most that I can via stock up to date Edge? Do I need to make other changes or use windows store apps.

:)

Swaglife81, Jun 3, 2021
  2. AFV1981 Win User

Change label BT2020RGB or P2020 as Dolby Vision

Greetings!

I was having issues enabling Dolby Vision on my Windows 10. After following this article

HDR and WCG color settings in Windows 10

I ran DxDiag Report. I found out that Windows 10 was telling me that my display was set to HDR, but when I went to DxDiag report I found out that I was not on HDR but Dolby Vision. The problem is that my Apple TV is able to display Dolby Vision logo when
    the media supports it, but windows 10 does not display Dolby Vision logo at the time of using this setup. My diagnostic stated that Dolby Vision was operational but windows 10 display setting did not say this.

I would like to ask Microsoft to add Dolby Vision logo when this is enabled instead of displaying HDR. I also would like to have the option to go to display setting and choose between HDR, HDR10, HDR10+, and Dolby Vision.

Thanks

AFV1981, Jun 3, 2021
  3. poit57 Win User
    HDR10 content from PC not triggering the HDR settings on my display

Other than the Windows HD Color settings, is there something else I need to check for the computer to trigger the HDR display mode on my television?

I have a PC connected to a TCL 5-Series Roku television in my living room that supports both HDR10 and Dolby Vision. The HDR features work as expected with my PS4 Pro, Xbox One S, and Roku apps, but I am having trouble getting both HDR and SDR content to
    display on my television correctly at the same time from my computer.

The computer is Running Windows 10 version 2004 with all available updates and has a Nvidia GTX 1050 graphics card with current drivers. I have followed all the suggestions on

this page

With Windows HD Color turned off, everything is sent to the television as SDR which is to be expected. When I enable the HD Color settings, HDR content appears with the correct colors, while all SDR content is washed out, even after adjusting the brightness
    slider on the Windows HD Color Settings page. The television has different display presets for SDR, HDR10, and Dolby Vision. The HDR modes are triggered automatically by the detected video signal, but no matter what changes I've tried from the PC, the television
    remains in SDR mode.

I can tell that the television is not detecting an HDR signal because the available preset configurations change depending on SDR, HDR10 or Dolby Vision content detected. For SDR content, the presets available are Movie, Normal, Vivid, Sports, or Low Power.
    When HDR content is detected, the available display modes change to Dark, Normal, and Bright with an HDR or Dolby Vision logo depending on the HDR type detected.

Both the Windows HD Color settings and the DirectX Diagnostic tool indicate that my display is capable of HDR.

poit57, Jun 3, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Best routes to ensure HDR10/Dolby Vision content

Microsoft Brings Dolby Vision to Xbox One

Source: Microsoft Brings Dolby Vision to Xbox: Dolby Vision on the Xbox, Explained - Xbox Wire

Tweet

— Twitter API (@User) View on Twiiter

Brink, Jun 3, 2021
Thema:

Best routes to ensure HDR10/Dolby Vision content

1. Best routes to ensure HDR10/Dolby Vision content - Similar Threads - Best routes ensure

2. Movies&TV/ Media player, Dolby Vision, MKV, Windows11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Movies&TV/ Media player, Dolby Vision, MKV, Windows11: Hi there,I used movies&tv and media playerwin11 to play .mkv file with dolby vison. HEVCThe media player remind a error 0xc00d3e8c, 'unsupported encoding setting'Windows 11 pro 22h2 22621.1928. My laptop is a licensed device for Dolby vison....
  3. Dolby Vision is not working, videos are very pink

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dolby Vision is not working, videos are very pink: Hello, I have this laptop - Amazon.in: Buy Lenovo Legion 5 AMD Ryzen 7 5800H 15.6" 39.62cm FHD IPS Gaming Laptop 16GB/2TB SSD/6GB NVIDIA RTX 3060/165Hz/Windows 11/Office 2021/RGB Backlit/3months Game Pass/Phantom Blue/2.4Kg, 82JU010NIN Online at Low Prices in India Lenovo...
  4. Dolby Vision is not working, videos are very pink

Dolby Vision is not working, videos are very pink: Hello, I have this laptop - Amazon.in: Buy Lenovo Legion 5 AMD Ryzen 7 5800H 15.6" 39.62cm FHD IPS Gaming Laptop 16GB/2TB SSD/6GB NVIDIA RTX 3060/165Hz/Windows 11/Office 2021/RGB Backlit/3months Game Pass/Phantom Blue/2.4Kg, 82JU010NIN Online at Low Prices in India Lenovo...
  5. dolby vision extension

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dolby vision extension: I'm seeing this advertisement "Microsoft’s new app “Dolby Vision Extensions” now available in google play store Microsoft launches a new app called “ Dolby Vision Extensions” in Google play Store.With this app, you can transforms your PC experience with ultravivid picture...
  6. dolby vision extension

dolby vision extension: I'm seeing this advertisement "Microsoft’s new app “Dolby Vision Extensions” now available in google play store Microsoft launches a new app called “ Dolby Vision Extensions” in Google play Store.With this app, you can transforms your PC experience with ultravivid picture...
  7. HDR10 content from PC not triggering the HDR settings on my display

in Windows 10 Customization
    HDR10 content from PC not triggering the HDR settings on my display: Other than the Windows HD Color settings, is there something else I need to check for the computer to trigger the HDR display mode on my television? I have a PC connected to a TCL 5-Series Roku television in my living room that supports both HDR10 and Dolby Vision. The HDR...
  8. Samsung Expands HDR10+ Ecosystem With Wider Content Offering

in Windows 10 News
    Samsung Expands HDR10+ Ecosystem With Wider Content Offering: [ATTACH] Samsung Electronics is further expanding its HDR10+ streaming content offering with the addition of Google Play Movies to the services that support its next-generation picture-quality technology. Google Play Movies, the video streaming service operated by Google,...
  9. Change label BT2020RGB or P2020 as Dolby Vision

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change label BT2020RGB or P2020 as Dolby Vision: Greetings! I was having issues enabling Dolby Vision on my Windows 10. After following this article https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4040263/windows-10-hdr-advanced-color-settings I ran DxDiag Report. I found out that Windows 10 was telling me that my display was...
  10. Microsoft Brings Dolby Vision to Xbox One

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Brings Dolby Vision to Xbox One: [ATTACH] You may have seen Dolby Vision on TVs and a few other devices; but now, Microsoft is bringing you the first ever game console which supports Dolby Vision through media streaming apps, such as Netflix. As an Xbox enthusiast, this means you can enjoy incredible...