Windows 10: Best setting? Limit what store apps and windows features can do in the background.

Discus and support Best setting? Limit what store apps and windows features can do in the background. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; What is the best setting? Limit what store apps and windows features can do in the background. Always or never?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Richard_Behling, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Best setting? Limit what store apps and windows features can do in the background.

What is the best setting?

Limit what store apps and windows features can do in the background.

Always or never?

:)

Richard_Behling, Apr 11, 2020

2. Store Settings "Update apps automatically" won`t stay switched off. WHY?

Hi H. G.,

The possible reason why Update apps automatically turn back on is that the Store app is running in the background. We suggest that you turn off the Store app. This way, it won't receive any updates or send notifications unless opened or turned on
    manually.

To turn off Store app, follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo, then go to Settings.
    • Click Privacy, then Background apps.
    • On the list, locate Store and toggle it off.

Let us know how it goes so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 11, 2020
  3. Photos app hogging resources in background

Ian, this suggestion was posted on my other thread:

We understand that not all of users are using the Photos app on Windows 10, if not very often. If you don't want this app to be running on background when not in use, there is a way you can turn this
    off. Kindly follow the steps provided below:

• In Cortana, type Privacy Settings
      and press Enter.
    • Look for Background apps.
    • Look for Photos in the list.
    • Flip the switch to Off.
    • Restart your computer.

After you restart your computer, you can check if the Photos app is still running in background. You can use these steps to turn off any running background applications as it is not limited to Photos
    app alone. In this way, you can conserve a lot of power and process allowance.

I just followed these instructions, and now have to wait to see if it works. I'm hoping it solves your problem, too!

BarryG_961, Apr 11, 2020
  4. lx07 Win User

Best setting? Limit what store apps and windows features can do in the background.

Windows Store Reset

Why did you delete them?

It wasn't working for me, set up as live tile but not updating the picture. I then went to featured app in the store as you suggested, then ran wsreset and it started working.

Was that your steps? I did read them but I forgot what they are now and I seem to have only done 2 steps.

Thema:

Best setting? Limit what store apps and windows features can do in the background.

1. Best setting? Limit what store apps and windows features can do in the background. - Similar Threads - Best setting Limit

2. What's the best power settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What's the best power settings?: I want my computer to download big files, but also turn it off my screen.Sleep mode stops the downloading! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-the-best-power-settings/3d28a964-babf-4eee-815e-7714c56db30a
  3. What's the best power settings?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What's the best power settings?: I want my computer to download big files, but also turn it off my screen.Sleep mode stops the downloading! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-the-best-power-settings/3d28a964-babf-4eee-815e-7714c56db30a
  4. whats the best settings for power

in Windows 10 Gaming
    whats the best settings for power: best settings for power on and off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-the-best-settings-for-power/e5548e91-f089-45cb-a0c0-9a2e0d6de560
  5. whats the best settings for power

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    whats the best settings for power: best settings for power on and off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-the-best-settings-for-power/e5548e91-f089-45cb-a0c0-9a2e0d6de560
  6. whats the best settings for power

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  7. In settings, What exact data does "Restricting background data will limit what Store apps...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    In settings, What exact data does "Restricting background data will limit what Store apps...: In settings, What exact data does "Restricting background data will limit what Store apps and Windows features" limit? Does it limit or does it prevent data? What exact things is it limiting? What Windows features exactly is this talking about? submitted by...
  8. What exact data does "Restricting background data will limit what Store apps and Windows...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What exact data does "Restricting background data will limit what Store apps and Windows...: What exact data does "Restricting background data will limit what Store apps and Windows features" limit? Does it limit or does it prevent data? What exact things is it limiting? What Windows features exactly is this talking about? submitted by /u/happypuppy100 [link]...
  9. The background apps... on/off - best practice?

in Windows 10 Customization
    The background apps... on/off - best practice?: Hello everybody, how do you handle the setting with the background apps? Do you basically turn everything off, only have on a few like photos, calculator... or do you leave everything on, since if I understand it correctly, it is similar to e.g. Android where the apps are...
  10. What is Background app setting on privacy setting?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is Background app setting on privacy setting?: Hi Sirs, may I check what is the background app setting for on privacy setting? What does it benefit? Can it spoil the laptops or computers, if I turn each of them off?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. limit what store apps and windows features

2. limit store apps in background