Windows 10: Best software / method of removing duplicate files

Discus and support Best software / method of removing duplicate files in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I want to clean out my family’s Photo folder on our hard drive, mainly by removing duplicate photos from multiple imports over the years. However,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JNSStudios_YT, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Best software / method of removing duplicate files

So I want to clean out my family’s Photo folder on our hard drive, mainly by removing duplicate photos from multiple imports over the years. However, there are over 1000 files in the folder, and there’s no way I’m sifting through all of those, so I went online to find a “file cleaner” program that will delete duplicate files. However, I don’t know what to trust. Most program sites I’ve found all look like viruses waiting to happen, and the ones that don’t are relatively expensive. So I came here to ask the all-knowing people of Reddit: what is a good, and preferably free, file cleaning software that can find and delete duplicate files in a folder?

submitted by /u/JNSStudios_YT
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/JNSStudios_YT, Sep 29, 2020
  2. stevednmc Win User

File organizer software?

Hello all!

Im wondering if anyone has any suggestions for file organizing software, specifically software that can find duplicates and help weed them out. Im migrating some old stuff to my new build and seems I have a TON of duplicate files, but it will take me months to go through it all.

Free software would be great, but if its good Ill gladly pay.

Thanks!

stevednmc, Sep 29, 2020
  3. How to remove duplicate files in Windows 10.

Thank you for the suggestion. I need to see a list of duplicate files and select those I want to eliminate. Does the program you suggested compare file content or do they simply point out duplicate
    file names?

SteveWahlstrom, Sep 29, 2020
  4. Best software / method of removing duplicate files

How to remove duplicate files in Windows 10.

Thank you for the suggestion. I need to see a list of duplicate files and select those I want to eliminate. Do either of the programs you suggested compare file content or do they simply point out duplicate
    file names?

SteveWahlstrom, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

Best software / method of removing duplicate files

1. Best software / method of removing duplicate files - Similar Threads - Best software method

2. BEST DUPLICATE DOWNLOADS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BEST DUPLICATE DOWNLOADS: WHAT IS THE BEST APP OR SOFTWARE TO DOWNLOAD FOR FINDING DUPLICATE FILES AND PHOTOS FOR WINDOWS 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/best-duplicate-downloads/d88c02c1-57a6-4df7-a444-3ecd1da1a698
  3. BEST DUPLICATE DOWNLOADS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BEST DUPLICATE DOWNLOADS: WHAT IS THE BEST APP OR SOFTWARE TO DOWNLOAD FOR FINDING DUPLICATE FILES AND PHOTOS FOR WINDOWS 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/best-duplicate-downloads/d88c02c1-57a6-4df7-a444-3ecd1da1a698
  4. Best software to remove duplicate files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Best software to remove duplicate files: Hi there,First time posting... wondering if anyone had recommendations of an app or software that will allow me to search for duplicate files. I have lots of images and files and they need a mega sort!Thank you in advanceAmina...
  5. Best duplicate photo removal tool

Best duplicate photo removal tool: What is the best rule people have found for removing duplicate photos from windows OneDrive and This computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/best-duplicate-photo-removal-tool/3a7609e9-da8a-486c-98f8-b2265cd4f661
  6. Software for finding duplicate files and folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Software for finding duplicate files and folders: My main pc has over the years managed to get a lot of duplicate files and folders is there any software that will find them for me that is easy to use so i can delete them. I have win10 version 2004 161402
  7. Best/Quickest method of transferring files.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Best/Quickest method of transferring files.: Good afternoon, My Brother-In-Law has several external HDD's which he wants to organise. He wants to copy folders, and sub-folders from one location [F: for example] to another location [G: for example]. Would it be quicker to do this using the CMD prompt in Safe Mode...
  8. Removing duplicate image files. 1-Tools already in Windows 10? 2-Best software?

Removing duplicate image files. 1-Tools already in Windows 10? 2-Best software?: 1-Tools already in Windows 10? 2-Best software? I need a method or tool to find duplicate image files and decide which to remove. Ideally by image name across several folder trees on one drive and also to find image files that are duplicates even if not with the same file...
  9. What is the best method of Moving Software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is the best method of Moving Software: I have a New computer with windows installed on a 500 GB M.2 SSD drive. I want to first Partition a new 1 TB M.2. SSD drive and migrate everything to the larger SSD drive. My older Windows 10 Computer has a 1 TB SSD drive C, one 1 TB drive D and 3 2 TB drives E-F and L. Some...
  10. Removing duplicate files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Removing duplicate files: I don't trust free duplicate file finders. Is there a way to find and delete duplicate files easily from a folder in Windows 10 that does not require using another program? 38286