Windows 10: Best solution for my WiFi problem?

Discus and support Best solution for my WiFi problem? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So my ISP provided me with a bad router that has bad signal. The router sits in the living room, and that's pretty much the only place the WiFi signal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ligonsker, Sep 11, 2020.

1. ligonsker Win User

Best solution for my WiFi problem?

So my ISP provided me with a bad router that has bad signal. The router sits in the living room, and that's pretty much the only place the WiFi signal is strong enough. When I go to the other rooms, which aren't too far, the signal drops to zero, i.e no internet. Maybe the thick walls are to blame too.

I was thinking about a few solutions and I'd like you to tell me which one do you think is the best:

1) Buy a set of repeaters and spread them across the house - put a repeater in the middle way between the router and the rooms, and more repeaters inside the room - But I have no idea if repeaters actually work.. and the fact that the walls are thick - will it even work?

2) Buy a powerline kit with WiFi like this one: Powerline 600 Wi-Fi 3-pack Kit - Looks like a decent solution

3) Since the kit above may be hard to get in my country, I was thinking about getting a regular set of powerline adapters, and to each powerline (in each separate room) connect an AP or a router that will act as an AP - The problem here is that each room is going to have his own different WiFi network, which is annoying because whenever I switch between rooms I have to log into a different WiFi network to get the best signal. But, maybe you know of a smart AP/router that can actually turn this WiFi network into a seamless single network that would switch automatically between the networks whenever I am going near the closest AP/router? Something like the kit above, just using AP/router instead of a ready kit (Because the kit above may not be available to me)

Thanks!

:)

ligonsker, Sep 11, 2020
  2. Bob338 Win User

Wifi and browser problems with windows 10

I'll tell you how I fixed an identical problem on a ASUS laptop that had run perfectly on Windows 7 and ran well on W10 from January until the Anniversary update in early August. I tried everything I found on this forum and two others. Nothing worked. The last thing someone suggested was disabling the adapter and using a WiFi dongle. Problem continued. Nobody suggested changing the wireless network adapter. I bought and installed an Intel 7260 WiFi card and just used the driver which was downloaded on the reboot after the install. All problems solved!!

I must have wasted two months reading and trying everything. Even the manufacturer support inferred I needed a new machine though they sent me a Windows 8.1 driver to try, with the same result.

I'd suggest contacting the manufacturer to determine if they white list any cards and see if they have suggestions for a compatible card. They may want you to buy another laptop but if the cards aren't white listed, a simple card swap to one compatible with Windows 10 seems to be the answer.

Bob338, Sep 11, 2020
  3. Windows 10 wifi solution for hp

I believe to have found an easy solution to the wifi problem after the upgrade to windows 10 on my hp laptop.

I just shut down windows and then booted the quick web, and then enabled wifi via the quick web.

I then shut down quick web and logged in to windows and my wifi works perfectly.

I suggest you follow these simply steps if you're unable to toggle your wifi on with your hp.

1. Boot quick web and toggle wifi on

2. Switch back to windows and you should see wifi enabled.

Thanks

Ebenezer Aboagye, Sep 11, 2020
  4. Anak Win User

my son laptiop wifi disconnect after 5 minutes

• If you have an identical laptop try comparing the wifi and security settings of the one that does not disconnect with the one that does. If you find any differences change the settings of the one that does not work to the one that does.
    @Samuria : If you have any suggestions please reply.

Thema:

1. Best solution for my WiFi problem? - Similar Threads - Best solution WiFi

2. Procrastination problems and my weird solution

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Procrastination problems and my weird solution: If you would know me, you would probably say that I am the most procrastinating person in the whole world. And I can't get stuff done because I procrastinate so much. So here's the thing: I just can't make myself get off youtube or games or things like these. I can try, but...
  3. solution for problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    solution for problems: 1. I was using windows 10 build 1809 on my laptop along with windows 8.1. Last month windows 10 stopped booting. Now I am able to use only 8.1. The programs I installed in win 10 are working but win 10 is not showing up in the boot manager and not booting too. I tried to...
  4. what is the best backup solution?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    what is the best backup solution?: I currently have about 10 hard drives of different sizes but they are mostly 4TB, they are used to store some videos. But no backup for any drives now, they are working fine though. However, the drives are getting old, ranged from 2 to 4 years. I am now doing some sorting...
  5. best invoicing solution?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    best invoicing solution?: I am doing very small business and I don't actually need a very systematic invoice. However, I have a plan to start to be a little bit more systematic in the coming new year Is there any free or low priced excel template, windows software or apps where it can let me have a...
  6. SOLUTION FOR MY "SYSTEM VOLUME" PROBLEMS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SOLUTION FOR MY "SYSTEM VOLUME" PROBLEMS: My computer system volume suddenly stopped functioning.. it does not produce ny sounds again.. even the usual system sounds and video players and audio players does not produce any sounds again.. i have tried setting it from "hardware and sounds" section in control panel but...
  7. Solution to my wifi cant connect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Solution to my wifi cant connect: My laptop can't connect to any wifi available while my phones are connecting and no problems, I tried network reset but it doesn't work, reinstall and uninstall the wifi adapter/driver but no changes. How can I fixed it ? it has an "*" asterisks on wifi symbol......
  8. BEST Solution for Losing Internet Connection

BEST Solution for Losing Internet Connection: I had my laptop running like hot butter until yesterday when after I ran CCleaner it suddenly decided to practically wipe my HDD clean. I don't know what file it wiped out. NO, I did NOT have the Wipe Disk option check, but I checked everything else, which I've done before,...
  9. Possible Solution to Win 10 WiFi Connection Problems

Possible Solution to Win 10 WiFi Connection Problems: PC - Toshiba with Atheros AR9002WB chipset. Symptom - After upgrading to Win 10 Pro from Win 7 Pro, my wifi connection started to periodically drop... that is, more specifically, I was unable to access any internet communications. This would happen most often overnight,...
  10. Which Windows 10 is the best permanent solution?

in Windows 10 Support
    Which Windows 10 is the best permanent solution?: I have two SSDs loaded with Windows 10 pro. One has been updated through Windows insider. It is now version 1511, build 10586.3 The other was updated yesterday from RTM build 105240 to version 1511, build 10583.3 Is there any difference at this time? Is either better to use...