Windows 10: Best solution for scheduled, local, online backup of windows system disk

Discus and support Best solution for scheduled, local, online backup of windows system disk in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I amlooking for advice on how to make reliable online backup of windows system diskto local USB attached disk. Meaningthat if something goes wrong... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by plauritz, Feb 15, 2021.

1. plauritz Win User

Best solution for scheduled, local, online backup of windows system disk

Hi

I amlooking for advice on how to make reliable online backup of windows system diskto local USB attached disk.

Meaningthat if something goes wrong later on, you can restore SSD from latest backupand boot from SSD.

Details:

I havebeen using easeus backup for myself and my customers for many years.

However Ihave now experienced a number of cases where online backup was OK, but therestored backup fails to boot.

Easeusare investigating issue, but so far no solution.

This meansthat I can not rely on this backup method.

Scenario:

SetupBest solution for scheduled, local, online backup of windows system disk :Dell optiplex 745 with new Samsung EVO 860 SSD. OS: Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 1020h2.

1. Madecomplete online backup of PC.

2. Afterthis backup was completed OK, I booted PC from easeus USB flash.

3. Irecovered from the easeus .pbd file to the SSD sector by sector. Restoredcompleted OK in some hours.

4. ThenI removed the USB disk and booted from the SSD, but windows can’t repair.

Br

Peter Lauritzen

:)

plauritz, Feb 15, 2021
  2. rmonroe36 Win User

How To Schedule Windows System Image Backup

Became intrigued with WBadmin and found the attached link. While it is a step-by-step for Windows 8.1, it works with Windows 10 Build 10061. Was able to mount the image and did a restore. Thanks for sharing*Biggrin.

http://pureinfotech.com/2013/10/24/s...-image-backup/

Rich (another one)

rmonroe36, Feb 15, 2021
  3. Geekoid Win User
    Using network hard drive for backup

It depends what sort of backup you want to do. If you're happy just backing up regular files, then there are a bazillion (really, that many!) different bits of freeware to do that. There is a good list here:

Download Back Up Tools for Windows - MajorGeeks

and pretty much all of them can do network backups. Some even have fancy options like encryption. Really, the most useful thing is just being able to schedule them and know they ran OK.

You may also want to make a system image backup too, and you'll find that software in the very same list.

I don't have Windows 8 as yet, so I'm afraid I can't suggest any for that platform. Personally, I use Clonezilla for image backups.

Geekoid, Feb 15, 2021
  4. Best solution for scheduled, local, online backup of windows system disk

Disk optimization scheduling in Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In search select Defragment and optimize drives

• Click on change settings

• In optimization schedule

• In frequency select the options accordingly.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

`

Divya Murugan, Feb 15, 2021
Thema:

Best solution for scheduled, local, online backup of windows system disk

1. Best solution for scheduled, local, online backup of windows system disk - Similar Threads - Best solution scheduled

2. Local backup solution for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local backup solution for Windows 11: Hi, I stopped fighting and allowed Windows 11 to upgrade itself on my HP laptop.I was previously using Acronis True Image and a WD MY Passport. But I understand Acronis is not supported in Win 11 and does not appear to have a replacement product yet.What compatible...
  3. Local backup solution for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local backup solution for Windows 11: Hi, I stopped fighting and allowed Windows 11 to upgrade itself on my HP laptop.I was previously using Acronis True Image and a WD MY Passport. But I understand Acronis is not supported in Win 11 and does not appear to have a replacement product yet.What compatible...
  4. Scheduled Backup and Local password storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scheduled Backup and Local password storage: [If this is not posted in the right forum or board, apologies and please let me know the correct one.]Change Group PolicyIn order to satisfy best security practices, I recently altered Group Policy: Enabled Storing Local PasswordsComputer Config -> Policies -> Windows...
  5. Scheduled Backup and Local password storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scheduled Backup and Local password storage: [If this is not posted in the right forum or board, apologies and please let me know the correct one.]Change Group PolicyIn order to satisfy best security practices, I recently altered Group Policy: Enabled Storing Local PasswordsComputer Config -> Policies -> Windows...
  6. Scheduled, local, online disk image backup of windows system disk

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Scheduled, local, online disk image backup of windows system disk: I am looking for best solution for scheduled, local, online disk image backup of windows system disk, since backup/recovery will be discontinued in windows10. So MS is proposing a 3. party solution instead. I have been using easeus for long time, but now I am having critical...
  7. Scheduled, local, online disk image backup of windows system disk

in Windows 10 Support
    Scheduled, local, online disk image backup of windows system disk: I am looking for best solution for scheduled, local, online disk image backup of windows system disk, since backup/recovery will be discontinued in windows10. So MS is proposing a 3. party solution instead. I have been using easeus for long time, but now I am having critical...
  8. Scheduled backup and system imaging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scheduled backup and system imaging: Can I do backup multiple times with schedule by system imaging without wiping out my data on the target drive everytime I did a backup via system imaging method. I'll be backing up my pc later onusing Macrium reflect, and thought I would do multiple backups in the future....
  9. what is the best backup solution?

what is the best backup solution?: I currently have about 10 hard drives of different sizes but they are mostly 4TB, they are used to store some videos. But no backup for any drives now, they are working fine though. However, the drives are getting old, ranged from 2 to 4 years. I am now doing some sorting...
  10. Scheduling backup

Scheduling backup: Hi folks I just decided to use File history as a backup for Windows 10. I'm backing up to a 1TB Hard Drive. How can I tell File History to start the backup at a specific time each day when I'm not busy or when the computer is still active? Thanks in advance Bob H 95322