Windows 10: Best streaming device

Discus and support Best streaming device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an old Roku and it doesn't handle Miracast or Chromecast so I need a new device. What is the best one to get? A new Roku? A Chromecast? A... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ztruker, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Ztruker Win User

Best streaming device

I have an old Roku and it doesn't handle Miracast or Chromecast so I need a new device. What is the best one to get?

A new Roku?
    A Chromecast?
    A Firestick?

I don't need or want 4K/UHD as my TV doe not support it.

Tom's guide says Roku Streaming Stick+ is the best overall value and I've been reasonably happy with my old Roku 2. Interface sucks but I suspect all Wireless streaming devices have sucky native interfaces. I can run it from my Laptop so it's quite useable.

:)

Ztruker, Mar 21, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

no streaming

Hi,

Windows 10 has an improved capability to stream on your devices through casting. We suggest that you follow the steps below on how to cast a device using Microsoft Edge:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Go to a website that contains the media (ex: video, picture, audio) that you want to cast, click the
      ellipsis button at the top right corner, and select Cast media to device.
    • Windows will now try to connect to your network and detect your DLNA device (smart TV).
    • Make sure to turn on the Bluetooth on your smart TV. Click on the DLNA device (smart TV) you want to cast to.
    • Windows will now connect and cast to your DLNA device (smart TV).

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Xylee Del, Mar 21, 2020
  3. Aaron_Sum Win User
    Adobe flash will not play Xfinity stream on Win10pro

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing an issue with Xfinity stream due to Adobe Flash player. We will look into this for you. However, in order to get clarity and to assist you with appropriate steps, please reply with the answers to
    the questions below.

1. Which browser are you facing this issue with, apart from Firefox?
    2. Have you checked if the Flash player is enabled on your browser?
    3. Was there any major change or an update on your system, prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it is helpful to you.

Steps to unblock Adobe Flash Player:

1. Login to Xfinity streaming on your browser.
    2. If there is a lock sign on the left or right end of the URL/address bar, click on it.
    3. Scroll down to find Adobe Flash Player and click on Unblock.
    4. You should be able to stream once the Flash Player is Unblocked.

I would also suggest you to refer the article on
    Flash Player Help
    by Adobe and check if it is helpful to you.

Kindly follow the suggestions and get back to us with the results.

We await your response.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Mar 21, 2020
  4. Best streaming device

Xbox One Streaming

Hi Dylan,

Incorrect configuration setting is one of the possible reasons why you are unable to stream on your Xbox One S. For us to properly assist you, we need to gather more details. Kindly answer the questions below:

• When was the last time you were able to stream from your Xbox One S?
    • Have you tried using a different computer and check if the issue persists?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove conflicts with an app from Microsoft Store.

Click here

You may also check the link below for troubleshooting steps.

Troubleshooting Xbox app game streaming on Windows 10

Wilfred Mac, Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

Best streaming device

1. Best streaming device - Similar Threads - Best streaming device

2. Best way to stream video files to TV without HDMI?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best way to stream video files to TV without HDMI?: Hello, what is the best way to stream video files to my TV? I tried W+P while Miracast was on my LG TV but it failed to connect everytime. Is there another way to go about this? I'm not a fan of HDMI and would love a permanent solution. Thanks submitted by...
  3. Best inexpensive device for Microsoft Word

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Best inexpensive device for Microsoft Word: I write a lot on my computer - stories, scripts, poems, letters, lists, etc - and I've been using Microsoft Word on a PC for about 20 years Windows XP, and I much prefer Microsoft Word compared to any equivalent such as Apple's 'Pages'. However, my current PC is now obsolete....
  4. Undetected Network Streaming Media Device

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Undetected Network Streaming Media Device: I just upgraded from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Home. Now my computer doesn't detect my streaming media device which was working fine under Windows 7. It's the HDHomeRun Duo TV Tuner. When I enter its URL in my browser, the browser displays its information so I know that...
  5. Best way to compare performance on 2 PCs streaming

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Best way to compare performance on 2 PCs streaming: HI, I have 2 towers much the same vintage both with Win 10 x64 1909 and I would like to be able to compare them for possible streaming. Same programs etc. Because of the random nature of things just happening to slow a PC down, is there a basic way to at least see if the...
  6. Streaming to AVANTREE LEAF device.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Streaming to AVANTREE LEAF device.: I have an AVANTREE LEAF USB stick which acts as a sound card for streaming music to Bluetooth speakers. It is plugged into a USB port on my Win10 PC. I have 2 x Amazon Echo speakers, lets call them Hall (H) and Kitchen (K). I pair H to the Leaf and a speaker selection appears...
  7. Best free Live Streaming software for Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 News
    Best free Live Streaming software for Windows 10 PC: [ATTACH]High-quality live video streaming should have been easily available by now. But most of the good quality software products are expensive. There are way too […] This post Best free Live Streaming software for Windows 10 PC is from TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Best external storage device for HP Stream

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Best external storage device for HP Stream: Can anyone share advice for the best and most affordable external storage device compatible with an HP Stream? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/best-external-storage-device-for-hp-stream/9e7ad45b-c67b-4a87-b306-ddf7364af7d4
  9. Sportsfeista Is The Best live streaming site

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sportsfeista Is The Best live streaming site: Get the latest update on Motogp live streaming match Calender 2018 schedules, date and timing and more information at Sportsfeista.com. motogp live streaming motogp live streamingmotogp live streaming WWE Wrestling Live Stream
  10. WMP does not stream to networked DLNA devices

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WMP does not stream to networked DLNA devices: I have two Windows 10 PCs (call them PC-A and PC-B) on a hard-wired home network which includes two DLNA devices, a music player and a TV. Both PCs were recently upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate x64 to Windows 10 Pro x64 and both are set up to stream media to the DLNA devices...