Windows 10: Best stylus for touchscreen Notebook PC?

Discus and support Best stylus for touchscreen Notebook PC? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am a digital artist using Paint Tool Sai and have an Asus Q505u Notebook PC. I bought the Wacom Bamboo Ink at Best Buy two years ago when I first... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/yanderekisses, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Best stylus for touchscreen Notebook PC?

I am a digital artist using Paint Tool Sai and have an Asus Q505u Notebook PC. I bought the Wacom Bamboo Ink at Best Buy two years ago when I first bought my laptop and was told it was the only pen they sold compatible with the laptop. I used it for a year and half and was extremely frustrated, the pen had multiple periods where it would have terrible connectivity then all together stop working for consequtive months, until eventually I would try again and it would work, then stop working again. Then it got to the point where giving it time didn't work, I made sure my laptop was fully updated and restarted, my Drivers weren't an issue, the pen had a new battery and nib, isopropyl alcohol cleaning did nothing, the pen was dead and I had no idea how to fix it. So about 6 months ago I bought another one online thinking the last pen was defected or maybe just broke. This new pen almost immediately had some previous issues similar to the last pen, but the time has come again where this new pen is completely broke and I can't for the life of me figure out how to get it to work again or how they even break in the first place. The pens were obviously connected in the system settings with Bluetooth to my laptop but would not register like my finger would. I seem to be the only person I can find who has had these problems with this pen and was wondering if maybe there's a better pen more suited for my laptop. I have already spent well over $100 on pens that won't even work right for half a year, I really want to find one that will last hopefully as long as the laptop itself.

TL;DR I have an Asus Q505u, been having some unwarranted problems with Bamboo Ink, and need alternative suggestions. Would the Bamboo Ink Pro be likely to work better than the standard edition? Does the Surface pen work with my laptop better? Is it worth considering another brand like Adonit?

submitted by /u/yanderekisses
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/yanderekisses, Jun 17, 2020
  2. L Mttrs Win User

Touchscreen Stylus'

Hello,

This is just a random thought I had, but I was just wondering if anyone would know of a way to make a stylus for a touchscreen laptop, I really don't want to have to go out to a store just to get a touchscreen
    stylus, so if anyone would happen to know of a way to do this, please let me know! I have tried various methods but none of them work. Thanks!

L Mttrs, Jun 17, 2020
  3. sygnus21 Win User
    Passive stylus only works on certain online whiteboards

Not sure if this is applicable, but...

Be aware there are two basic stylus types - active and passive/capacitive and which works on what depends on whether the "touchscreen" itself supports "digitizer" tech (for active styluses). Not all touchscreens do.

Typically, an active stylus has a hard tip and requires some sort of power source. A passive stylus requires no power and has a rubber tip. A passive stylus won't work on a touchscreen using digitizer tech.

My Lenovo Notebook has a digitizer touchscreen (also came with an active stylus) and a "passive" stylus won't work. My finger works, but a stylus with a rubber tip won't work.

Here's a good read - Artist Guide to Active vs Capacitive Styluses.

All that said, whether a touchscreen uses digitizer tech or not should not matter to the the apps used on a PC using a touchscreen... unless the app specifically requires a digitizer touchscreen - something that should be noted in the "system requirements" for the app.

Hope this helps.

sygnus21, Jun 17, 2020
  4. Best stylus for touchscreen Notebook PC?

Touchscreen

you need to get a stylus intended for use with a capacitive touchscreen on the N8 a stylus intended for use with resistive touch-screens like the xm5800 for example won't work..

The SU36 as suggested by mcnalljj will work..

Tronder007, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

Best stylus for touchscreen Notebook PC?

1. Best stylus for touchscreen Notebook PC? - Similar Threads - Best stylus touchscreen

2. Active pens & Stylus don't register on laptop touchscreen but finger does.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Active pens & Stylus don't register on laptop touchscreen but finger does.: I have an HP convertible Envy x360. 15-aq120xx 2019on Windows 10 upgrade, and I cant get any good advice from HP Tech on which active stylus pens are compatible or what my hardware/software problem is. Every time I call I get a different advice - have tried 4 pens - none work...
  3. Active pens & Stylus don't register on laptop touchscreen but finger does.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Active pens & Stylus don't register on laptop touchscreen but finger does.: I have an HP convertible Envy x360. 15-aq120xx 2019on Windows 10 upgrade, and I cant get any good advice from HP Tech on which active stylus pens are compatible or what my hardware/software problem is. Every time I call I get a different advice - have tried 4 pens - none work...
  4. HP ENVY TS 15 Notebook PC laptop - full functionality of touchscreen lost.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP ENVY TS 15 Notebook PC laptop - full functionality of touchscreen lost.: In the past month the functionality of my touchscreen has become very basic on my HP ENVY TS 15 Notebook PC laptop. How can I get the full functionality of the touchscreen back? The touchscreen is working as I can touch the screen to move the mouse and select an item but all...
  5. HP ENVY TS 15 Notebook PC laptop - full functionality of touchscreen lost.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP ENVY TS 15 Notebook PC laptop - full functionality of touchscreen lost.: In the past month the functionality of my touchscreen has become very basic on my HP ENVY TS 15 Notebook PC laptop. How can I get the full functionality of the touchscreen back? The touchscreen is working as I can touch the screen to move the mouse and select an item but all...
  6. Stylus and Touchscreen not working on IdeaPad 5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stylus and Touchscreen not working on IdeaPad 5: Hi all, as the title says my touchscreen and pen are not responding on my IdeaPad 5. I've tried enabling and reinstalling all the drivers. Rebooting and resetting my computer, the works. I've tried everything there is online and it's still not working. I downloaded lenovo...
  7. Stylus and Touchscreen not working on IdeaPad 5

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stylus and Touchscreen not working on IdeaPad 5: Hi all, as the title says my touchscreen and pen are not responding on my IdeaPad 5. I've tried enabling and reinstalling all the drivers. Rebooting and resetting my computer, the works. I've tried everything there is online and it's still not working. I downloaded lenovo...
  8. Stylus compatible with HP Notebook - 15-bs015dx

Stylus compatible with HP Notebook - 15-bs015dx: Which type of stylus and which stylus is compatible with my HP Notebook - 15-bs015dx Windows 10 touch screen laptop ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stylus-compatible-with-hp-notebook-15-bs015dx/930a6f6e-cbc0-463a-8aa2-39ef6188597e
  9. touchscreen on a PC

touchscreen on a PC: newly installed windows 10 on recently reformatted PC, how to enable touchscreen. human inter display doesn't show in device manager how to enable??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchscreen-on-a-pc/cb0c0fb9-da13-4135-8e4c-ad7163c2ccad
  10. Touchscreen disabled for some period of time after stylus use.

in Windows 10 Support
    Touchscreen disabled for some period of time after stylus use.: I own a thinkpad yoga 14 with the active pen digitizer. One really annoying thing that seems to have popped up when I switched to 10 makes it nearly impossible to use the pen. Essentially, the pen itself works, however attempts to use the touchscreen simply do not work for...